Post election gloating

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Post election gloating
Lack of Vision
Member # 2717
Profile #0
It has to be done. Republicans try to consol themselves with pictures of Pandas while Democrats say "scoreboard"!

Ah, what a sweet night of political goodness. My favorite highlights of the night include:

(1) Man-on-dog enthusiast Rick Santorum crumbling like a cookie.

(2) Mahoney winning Foley's former seat (Foley from pagescrewergate fame)

(3) Chris "the Count" Chocola being sent back to his old job on the cereal box

(4) George "Macaca" Allen looking like he's heading toward defeat after a campaign that was supposed to be his warm-up act for a Presidential run

That said, it wasn't all good news last night. Heath Shuler won in North Carolina. I opposed his bid for election on purely football grounds. Anyone who lost his starting job as QB for the Redskins to Gus Ferrotte has no business winning anything.

Z

[ Wednesday, November 08, 2006 06:17: Message edited by: Zorro ]

--------------------
Pan Lever: Seventeen apple roving mirror moiety. Of turned quorum jaggedly the. Blue?
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #1
quote:
Originally written by Zorro:

It wasn't all good news last night. Heath Shuler won in North Carolina. I opposed his bid for election on purely football grounds. Anyone who lost his starting job as QB for the Redskins to Gus Ferrotte has no business winning anything.
On that note, I am quite pleased to see that Lynn Swann lost his bid for governor of Pennsylvania. His entire campaign was not based on issues at all. He seemed to think that we should vote for him because he was famous. Well, we sure showed him. :P

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #2
I'm happy with the way the Michigan election turned out. We almost got all of the genitalia-named senators and such out of office.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Lack of Vision
Member # 2717
Profile #3
Oh, I forgot to mention another of my favorite results of the night - Anne Northup losing her seat! She was the ONLY woman in the House who was not a member of the women's Caucus, because, to paraphrase one of her staffers, "She thinks they're just a bunch of libs". I hope she enjoys her new life as a stay-at-home mom cooking for men.

Z

--------------------
Pan Lever: Seventeen apple roving mirror moiety. Of turned quorum jaggedly the. Blue?
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #4
Amen to that. I fully intend to give her home a wag-of-the-finger as I drive by on Lexington Road when I'm home for Thanksgiving break. Yeehaw! You don't know how embarrassing it was as a Louisvillian to know that my city continued to vote her in again and again, despite being one of Kentucky's few puddles of blue. Now it's over!

My sympathy, however, does go out to my friend Beth who works here in town as Northup's scheduler. I'm certain, however, that she shouldn't have a problem finding another job on the Hill if she wants one.

EDIT: Oh yeah... also:

RUMSFELD RESIGNS!!!!!!

This has to be the happiest Nov. 8th EVAR.

IMAGE(http://www.lefterer.com/graphics/inline/rumsfeld_owned.jpg)

[ Wednesday, November 08, 2006 09:15: Message edited by: Drew ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
With a change in the House and a potential change in the Senate, although not exactly a dramatic one, I'm looking forward to seeing how the executive branch plays its cards. This is the Republicans' chance to show that Democrats with power ruin everything and the Democrats' chance to show that they can save the world, but I think Bush is something of a liability for both sides at this point.

—Alorael, who just noticed that Montana is firmly blue for the Senate while writing this post. He's rather surprised, actually.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #6
Gloat...
...GLOAT...
......GLOAT.....!!!!!!!!

IMAGE(http://beachblogger.net/pics/media/darth_cheney_640_060708b.jpg)

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Lack of Vision
Member # 2717
Profile #7
Man-on-dog enthusiast Rick Santorum during his concession speech last night. His son shares his feelings about the American people.

Hey, he's just lucky Rick hasn't sent him in a bow to Mark Foley!

IMAGE(http://cache.wonkette.com/assets/resources/2006/11/santorumconcedes.jpg)

--------------------
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #8
Thank you Zorro.

What a touching family moment. I guess I'm not surprised they don't have the family dog there to share in the grief.

Edit - Wouldn't you like to know what I changed.

[ Wednesday, November 08, 2006 11:07: Message edited by: Silent Salmon ]

--------------------
quote:

Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #9
Maybe now they'll stay in Virginia where they belong. :P

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #10
My local congressman for the last 20 years has been Republican Curt Weldon. Up until a week ago, he was thought undefeatable. Then the genius got his house raided by the FBI for corruption a week before the election. Now we have a new congressman.

And oh, yeah... Santorum is dead! Victory! Unfortunate that when Specter retires in four years slash dies, this Casey character is going to be our senior senator, damn.

--------------------
You lose.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #11
It really is a shame about Specter. He's one Republican that I am not ashamed to have voted for. As for Casey, I'd rather have him as senior senator than as governor.

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #12
Huzzah for Missourah! :D

We're almost a blue state again! Not to encourage the polarizing kind of naming that results in the weakening of the democratic process as a whole... but YAY!

We ousted Talent, saved stem cell research, and pulled just short of 50-50 on House rep.s (as is, it's 5R, 4D). It's been quite an election for us.

EDIT: Actually, all of our House races had the incumbents win by substantial margins. Boo. :(

[ Wednesday, November 08, 2006 13:34: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Drew:

RUMSFELD RESIGNS!!!!!!
Wow. That's a pretty big deal, and one that I didn't expect.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Alorael:

This is the Republicans' chance to show that Democrats with power ruin everything and the Democrats' chance to show that they can save the world...
I really do hope that they save the world. I don't care how good it will make them look or how worse Republicans will look. Just as long as the world gets saved.

imho The Republicans lost control because they stoped being conservative and the conservative populace that had previously voted them in knew it.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #15
Looks like Don Rumsfeld (aka Skeletor) is going back to his home dimension:

IMAGE(http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2004/US/12/27/rumsfeld.flt93/story.rumsfeld.close.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.sydlexia.com/imagesandstuff/ycdtotv/skeletor.jpg)

The resemblence is pretty obvious. I mean, have you ever seen the two together?

Fortunately, we have his replacement to look forward to...

IMAGE(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/ba/Cobra_commander.jpg)

[ Wednesday, November 08, 2006 19:39: Message edited by: *i ]

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #16
I can live with conservatives. It's the neocons who resemble cartoon villains.

IMAGE(http://graphics.nytimes.com/images/promos/politics/blog/force_quit1.jpg)

[Edit: Oops.]

—Alorael, who does not highly recommend the link behind that image. It's not terribly eddifying. The image is quite pricelesss, though!

[ Wednesday, November 08, 2006 19:56: Message edited by: Alorael, Lysenko of the Internet ]
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #17
What's the icon on the right?

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #18
That is great Alorael.
Love it.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #19
I agree about Specter. From what I've seen, it seems like he acts with integrity and sometimes even with actual thinking, which is rare among any breed of politician.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #20
Keep in mind that Specter, even though he's one of my favorite politicians alive today, did invent the magic bullet theory. My theory: he was the other gunman.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #21
I have to agree with a reporter (who got banned from press conferences) that having J. D. Hayworth in Congress means I don't have to listen to him 5 nights a week as a sportscaster. Hopefully he will finally deflate and be silent.

It'll be funny if the Democrats balance the budget by retroactively cutting most of the Republican pork that hasn't been spent in the last few years. So much for the Alaskan bridge to nowhere.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #22
I'm freakishly excited that Rumsfeld's gone... though it's clearly a case of too little, too late. I feel deeply sorry for whoever replaces him, though I'd almost assume that Bush will pick a democrat so that people can hate them.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

I'm freakishly excited that Rumsfeld's gone... though it's clearly a case of too little, too late. I feel deeply sorry for whoever replaces him, though I'd almost assume that Bush will pick a democrat so that people can hate them.
Fresh out of the CIA and Texas A&M University, the nominee for most likely to build bridges in 2007....

Robert Gates!!!!!

IMAGE(http://a.abcnews.com/images/Politics/ap_bush_don_rob_061108_nr.jpg)
That's him on the right. No, the faaaar right.

:D

--------------------
quote:

? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #24
This really deserves more than a crappy double post, but it'll have to do.

The United States Congress is held by the opposition.

I'm amazed I haven't heard fireworks yet. Oh yeah, I live in Republicville.

--------------------
quote:

Pages