No tag backs!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: No tag backs!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #125
Originally by Jumpin' Salmon:

quote:
I can't recall anyone getting injured from a fall, and we always flew off the swing set when we had gotten it as high as it could go.
That reminds me of the kids I saw on the swings a few days ago. They were jumping off of the swings yelling "Pain!", but they always timed their jumps so that they never flew off more than a foot off the ground.

Dikiyoba blames this thread for the reactivation of Dikiyoba's swinging addiction. Old habits die hard.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #126
Yeah, the problem with the low trajectory is that you have too much forward momentum. As a dorky child I had a tough time understanding that I had better be running when I hit the ground or else risk a scabby tumble. The jump from up high usually allowed for a few feet of forward momentum followed by a crunch and roll as you hit sand and tried to avoid injury.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #127
quote:
Originally written by Silent Salmon:

Yeah, the problem with the low trajectory is that you have too much forward momentum. As a dorky child I had a tough time understanding that I had better be running when I hit the ground or else risk a scabby tumble. The jump from up high usually allowed for a few feet of forward momentum followed by a crunch and roll as you hit sand and tried to avoid injury.
Ah, but a jump from the top while you're still moving upward can be the most fun... that instant of free-fall is priceless. :D

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #128
See, you were lucky. I didn't learn what I know about flying from jumping out of swings. I learned what I learned because they broke. I ended up breaking the swing in my backyard about every two months for two years.

Dikiyoba.

Pages