Ghosts of Stalin

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Ghosts of Stalin
Warrior
Member # 7067
Profile #77
quote:
Diki is right, ok. I dont wanna hide who i am, and yeah I am upset about being banned. No one ever gave me the chance to come back, and then i forced my way back
All i want is to be someone who can be part of the Spidweb community and post freely again.

Well... you could start by capitolizing your i's and you are posting freely.

--------------------
"It's I not i Major, and yes I'll post this one to."-The person behind him.
BANNED
Member # 7175
Profile #78
No, I can't post freely. Aran deletes my posts.
I hate the fact I would be so mean to someone, but when I was a new member here TM said something to me that upset me.
And eventualy i got banned because of that, all because of the grief it caused.
He's made me look the bad one, and to be honest, now I have made this statement I just want to leave on my own accord.
I'm sure hes a nice guy in real life, he probably has a lovley life, but being nasty on the internet to people who are just here to chat is nasty.
I don't want to leave with people saying "good, the bad one is gone."
Thanks,
-Cmd. Eddie ( 05 Jan 2006 )
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #79
Good, the bad one is gone.

He did say he was leaving after that post, right?

Just so everyone else knows: Ed is flat-out lying. He had an extended e-mail conversation with an admin about his ban that ended with Ed cursing at the admin and then admitting that the admin was right. He was given every chance to improve his behavior and he didn't.

The rules were enforced properly, and, as soon as Stareye or Drakey gets around to it, they will be enforced properly again.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #80
Originally by wz. As:

quote:
Out of curiosity, Dikiyoba, what was your initial guess? Was it much more than "TM and Kel have a conflict"? That's about as much as I guessed.
I guessed that, besides the conflict, Slartucker must have seen some sort of relation between Kelandon and TM in their posting/debating style.

---

Can we leave Ed's posts in this thread intact so that other posts based on them make sense?

---

Dikiyoba.
BANNED
Member # 7175
Profile #81
Am i welcome anymore? or do you just want me to go now :(
I'm not going to ruin this place anymore, there are certain people I don't want to let down.
Diki, thanks anyway.
:( :( :(
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #82
quote:
Originally written by radix malorum est cupiditas:

Do you suffer from Asperger's Syndrome?
You know, Infernal, for someone who is extremely touchy about things that are close to your identity (i.e., Judaism), you are awfully insensitive to things that other people might be sensitive about.

I don't blame you caring about being Jewish. It's important to you, and rightfully so. But you could stand to be a little more understanding about other people.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7067
Profile #83
quote:
Am i welcome anymore? or do you just want me to go now
Sure you're welcome, well at least by some... (I'm not among those who want you to go.)
But, here's a tip: Let the past fade away and don't bring it back up. (By capitolizing I, and other stuff.)

--------------------
"I knocked him out, but I managed to hit the reply button before he fell down."-The person behind him.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #84
quote:
Originally written by Anti-Fairy:

quote:

Do you suffer from Asperger's Syndrome?
You know, Infernal, for someone who is extremely touchy about things that are close to your identity (i.e., Judaism), you are awfully insensitive to things that other people might be sensitive about.

I don't blame you caring about being Jewish. It's important to you, and rightfully so. But you could stand to be a little more understanding about other people.

Given that he doesn't notice the hints that he is unwelcome here and only responds when people say it explicitly, I thought it a logical question based on a logical premise.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #85
quote:
Originally written by Ford Prefect:

quote:
by Indifferent Salmon:
Define human nature accurately and completely, and then create a system of governance that complies with it.
That's exactly where anarchy originates from.

It is where quite a few systems of governance came from, originally. It is impossible to accurately define human nature for humankind, but it is always possible to have 95% accuracy with wildly disparate results. Thus the many forms of democratic government in ancient Greece.

It is far, far easier to look back at failed attempts and criticize than it has ever been to imagine something that should work, and actually make it happen. Marx saw a problem (oppressive work environment and bosses) and created a solution that was actually able to be implemented. True, it failed because it overlooked a part of human nature (incessant greed), but it might have worked otherwise.

Anyone catch the time that Ed clocked out this time? I showed him clocking about 24 hours ago. Also, if you're watching this, I don't have anything against you on a personal level Ed. Just don't violate the Code of Conduct and we're cool. And next time, don't put "Eddie Carr" as your real name in your profile. Note - this is in reply to a PM.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Shock Trooper
Member # 6908
Profile #86
quote:
Originally written by Indifferent Salmon:

It is far, far easier to look back at failed attempts and criticize than it has ever been to imagine something that should work, and actually make it happen. Marx saw a problem (oppressive work environment and bosses) and created a solution that was actually able to be implemented. True, it failed because it overlooked a part of human nature (incessant greed), but it might have worked otherwise.

I think that there will be no better phrase to end the main theme of this thread! Salmon, cheer up! And thanks :)

--------------------
9 masks sing in a choir:
Gnome Dwarf Slith
Giant Troll Troglo
Human Nephil Vahnatai
"If the mask under mask to SE of mask to the left of mask and to the right of me is the mask below the mask to the right of mask to the right of mask below me is the same, then who am I?"

radix: +2 nicothodes: +1 salmon:+1
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #87
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Am i welcome anymore? or do you just want me to go now
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just go.

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #88
Hey guys, let's play nice and keep Spiderweb a safe, open, and friendly environment before all this busting-of-caps towards banned members becomes a trend. If you stop thinking about the thing under the bed, it'll go away.

Not to be a prude.

[ Wednesday, May 31, 2006 12:18: Message edited by: Robinator, #034 ]

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #89
Originally by Robinator, #034

quote:
Hey guys, let's play nice and keep Spiderweb a safe, open, and friendly environment before all this busting-of-caps towards banned members becomes a trend. If you stop thinking about the thing under the bed, it'll go away.
Dikiyoba agrees.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #90
It's clear that avoiding bans and posting spam is increasing at a mind-boogling rate. We no longer have the mod-power to be able to combat this menace. Therefore, there is only one solution:

Legalize it.

--------------------
Oh yeah... :P

And I nominate Ed to be the next DikiScript villain.
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #91
More mods is the true solution. TM, you up for the responsibility?

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #92
Originally by Dintiradan:

quote:
Oh yeah...

And I nominate Ed to be the next DikiScript villain.
No. No, no, no, no, no. Ed will not come back. It's time to move on.

Has Dikiyoba made Dikiyoba's self clear yet?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #93
quote:

Given that he doesn't notice the hints that he is unwelcome here and only responds when people say it explicitly, I thought it a logical question based on a logical premise.
Are you a trained psychologist? If not, don't ever ask questions like this. It's damned insensitive. That's very personal information.

Sorry to bring up an old issue, but this rankles me.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7067
Profile #94
quote:
Has Dikiyoba made Dikiyoba's self clear yet?
Maybe, if you said "no" a couple more times...
quote:
t's clear that avoiding bans and posting spam is increasing at a mind-boogling rate. We no longer have the mod-power to be able to combat this menace. Therefore, there is only one solution:

Legalize it.
No, no ,no, no, no, Anything but that.

------------------
"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, NO!"-The person behind me.

[ Thursday, June 01, 2006 09:58: Message edited by: Major ]
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #95
*facepalm*

Major, enough already.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 7002
Profile #96
A few things.

1. Why does Ed keep coming back, despite the fact that everyone here either dislikes, strongly dislikes, or hates him?

2. Lord, please let Ed never discover Polaris.

3. Do you people understand what Aspergers is? There's nothing wrong with having Aspergers. I have it myself.
Yes, you really shouldn't ask people if they have Aspergers, OCD, or other disorders, but it's merely rude. Not completely out of line.

--------------------
Polaris
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #97
*nod*
The main reason I took exception to Infernal's question about Asperger's is that she appeared to be using it in a more or less derogatory way.

[ Thursday, June 01, 2006 10:50: Message edited by: Come On Pilgrim: Track 4 ]

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #98
quote:
Originally written by Germany Wins:

More mods is the true solution. TM, you up for the responsibility?
Oh, hells yeah.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00

Pages