The Big Club Theory

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Big Club Theory
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #75
The accuracy was claimed to be to less than fifty years. Then they unearthed the mountain of evidence — including a painting of someone holding the shroud by the part of the cloth that they tested — that the date could have been off by many, many centuries.

The finding was anything but conclusive.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #76
There was nothing wrong with the Carbon-14 dating. The problem lies with the sample that was tested, The Catholic Church failed to meet its original obligation to provide 3 different samples from different places on the Shroud of Turin. They still haven't done so because they don't want scientific proof.

To paraphrase Douglas Adams from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by requiring proof you show a lack of faith and without faith you can't believe in God.

If the original test had proven what they wanted they woud have accepted it. Two of the samples were older from Eqyptian mummies and they were dated sucessfully.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #77
As I mentioned, I'm bored with young Earth discussions. So how about the flat Earth? I read a really great defense of the flat Earth, whose essence was this:

"People always say that you can directly see the curvature of the Earth, by looking out to sea and watching how ships gradually disappear over the horizon. Well, we sailed out there one day, until we were almost out of sight of land, and looked around. The sea was just as flat out there as it is near the shore. So much for the horizon theory!"

A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #78
The Earth is round unless you're an elf. This may make some trips inconvenient for elves. Next question?

—Alorael, who wonders what happens to a ship carrying ten elves and ten humans when it reaches the point at which the curvature of the Earth and the uncurvature of the Earth become noticeably different.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #79
quote:
Originally written by Of Out:

what happens to a ship carrying ten elves and ten humans when it reaches the point at which the curvature of the Earth and the uncurvature of the Earth become noticeably different.
This is clear from the laws of relativity: the elves observe the humans falling off the edge of the earth, and the humans observe the elves staying put right with them as they sail around.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7067
Profile #80
Yes, I think your right. (As I didn't come here to discuss real life.) I'm tired of discussing the same old boring theorys. So let us talk about more interesting things such as: the ring theory the flat earth theory the world sits on a turtle's back theory...
And the list goes on and on.
Yes' I have been rated as a imp! (well it is fun to be optimistic) I guess imp=demon. As I always considered myself sortof bad, but mostly good. I guess I'll be a reformed demon?

--------------------
"I knocked him out, but I managed to hit the reply button before he fell down."-The person behind him.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #81
We really need to make the 1-star rating something more unflattering, like "Cave Slime".

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #82
No, because then the people with 1-star karma ratings who like slimes would be happy. I don't know of any but I'm sure they exist.

Dikiyoba suggests leaving the karma rankings the way they are and using liberal amounts of level 3 repel spirit as a cure for over-impishness. :P
Warrior
Member # 7021
Profile #83
I hate those 1 star morons! :mad: At leats until I put back on my glasses. :confused: :D

--------------------
"My Mazaradi goes 185
They Took my License
Now I don’t drive
But I got me a limo
And I sit in the back
Lock all the doors
In case I’m attacked.”
Warrior
Member # 7067
Profile #84
Being a cave slime would be fun! You could slid on ceilings, sear through walls... Might even make it into the admin board! Oh, and I doubt repel spirit would work on me.
quote:
I hate those 1 star morons!
I'm a moron?

--------------------
"I knocked him out, but I managed to hit the reply button before he fell down."-The person behind him.
Warrior
Member # 7002
Profile #85
Tom, just to point out, you're a one-star yourself. So, by your own logic, you're a moron.

How about this for a rating system?
1-Star:Mud
2-Star:Villiage Idiot
3-Star:Person
4-Star:Super(Insert Name Here)
5-Star:Lord of All

[ Monday, May 22, 2006 09:02: Message edited by: Mr.Bookworm ]

--------------------
Polaris
Warrior
Member # 7067
Profile #86
quote:
Tom, just to point out, you're a one-star yourself. So, by your own logic, you're a moron.
Did you not get this:
quote:
At leats until I put back on my glasses.
Personally I'd rather be mud than a village idiot.(Like you) :P

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #87
Why must all involved philosophical debate topics eventually devolve into spam? First the God topic, now this...

Oh well. I, personally, love slimes in every shape and form. They're so cute and.. gooey. And they make funny gurgling noises.

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #88
Because spam is infinitely easier to work with than philosophy.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #89
quote:
Originally written by Little Billy Sue:

Why must all involved philosophical debate topics eventually devolve into spam?

Because otherwise they'd burn up in flames. :)

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #90
Because it's the destination of 90% of the topics in SW?

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #91
The topic was spam to begin with.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Warrior
Member # 7021
Profile #92
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you not get this:
quote:
At leats until I put back on my glasses.

Personally I'd rather be mud than a village idiot.(Like you)
Yeah, I got that,it was kindda a joke.
I guess I ain't that funny :eek:
Well there goes my self-esteem :(
Oh well. :)

--------------------
"My Mazaradi goes 185
They Took my License
Now I don’t drive
But I got me a limo
And I sit in the back
Lock all the doors
In case I’m attacked.”
Warrior
Member # 7067
Profile #93
Don't worry, your mud like me now anyways. :)

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 7021
Profile #94
Soory Major I miss read, I thought you wanted to know if I didn't get my own joke.
Ay Perdon.

--------------------
"My Mazaradi goes 185
They Took my License
Now I don’t drive
But I got me a limo
And I sit in the back
Lock all the doors
In case I’m attacked.”
Warrior
Member # 7067
Profile #95
That's ok.
(Except it was prbably me who messed up.)

--------------------

Pages