Death Penalty

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Death Penalty
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Crucifixion was truly egregiously cruel. Crucifying thousands of slaves in response to a slave revolt was probably the single most gruesome thing the Romans ever did.
The reason why there are no forests left in Italy is because they were all cleared to make wood for more crucifixions.

Anyway, another particularly terrible method of death is quartering. It's not that it works-- more often than not, the victim is left in a state of purgatory until the executioner has to whip out a saw and begin cutting limbs off to help the horses along.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #26
Quick, fun, very late fact: I have incredibly strong throat muscles, and am impervious to the average choke. My flexed throat is so strong I can walk forward while people attempt to choke me.

Now that I've delivered my incredibly important message, I would like to mention as a sidenote that I voted for molten lead.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #27
Can I add a couple other options of:

1). Hung upside down, having your clothes being lit on fire on you for a while, then your throat slit so that you may bleed an burn to death.

2). Or a more modern approach. Have the victim hit in the head a couple times, so that they are daze. Then have them bound to a post or something similar, and have a grenade forced into their mouth and duct tape the mouth shut.

If you want to know where I got these from, don't ask.

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #28
Probably your 8 year-old imagination.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
Originally written by Dolphin.:

As an aside, I also thought this would be a discussion about the death penalty.
Hoping that is a discussion permitted by Jeff...

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #30
It's not political, and it is not harassing or threatening. We're not discussing ways to kill anyone in particular.

That said, it is fairly graphic in its descriptions.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Originally written by Butt Paladin:

The reason why there are no forests left in Italy is because they were all cleared to make wood for more crucifixions.
There are still many forest here. Personally I don't understand why Romans likes so much the crucifixions.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Lifecrafter
Member # 59
Profile #32
I once saw a Swedish TV documentary on the custom of giving people convicted to death a last meal.

A particularly gruesome case was when the last meal was...the person herself. The victims were slowly cut to pieces and fed their lavishly prepared flesh. This was illustrated metaphorically by rotating kebab meat (don't know what it's called - the thing they slice meat off). Not sure how long it lasted or what the actual cause of death would have been - infection, blood loss or something else? I also don't remember when or where this took place, but it might have been in medieval Asia, and the victim(s) was perhaps a group plotting to overthrow the ruler, or a wife caught cheating on him.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #33
quote:
Originally written by Nyarlathotep:

We're not discussing ways to kill anyone in particular.
Awwww, you're no fun any more!

*Taken from Monthy Python*

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3980
Profile Homepage #34
As repugnant as I find this discussion, I wonder whether there is a common trait among people who are fascinated by the violence involved in the death penalty.
In connection with the present death penalty policy in Iraq and in the US, I see an erosion of justice and a tendency to show trials with the political end to distract public attention.
The fascination of cruel punishment like torture and the death penalty make us more susceptiple to such distraction and may bring us back to the middle ages, imho.
Remember "Panem et Circensem" was the key to winning elections in ancient Rome. Nowadays it may be the gasoline price, Abu Ghraib photos and the death penalty for Moussaoui.

--------------------
The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
Because of indifference, one dies before one actually dies. (not mine)
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #35
The grandiosely named death by a thousand cuts was usually just death by a few dozen cuts for torture followed by the real executiion. It was excrutiatingly painful but really no worse than European public spectacle execution.

As far as I know, stories of feeding the victim with bits of himself are all unverified, although it's become reasonably popular in fiction.

—Alorael, who has been struck with sudden visions of a harsh taskmaster punishing a failed gymnast with Ouroborosism.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 7084
Profile Homepage #36
This may sound stupid but beheading someone (to me) is respectful; it's quick and near painless. The lead one would be absolute hell. I'd be killing myself before it happens.

--------------------
Real boyz kiss boyz
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #37
quote:
Originally written by Drew:

What sort of 8 year old dreams this sort of stuff up.

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #38
quote:
Originally written by Cairo Jim:

quote:
Originally written by Drew:

What sort of 8 year old dreams this sort of stuff up.

In this forums you'd be surprised. Our own Drakey is only 7. Btw, isn't his bday coming up? He'll soon be 8, hooray!

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #39
Ah, so it can happen. I only greamt this up at my own 10th birthday a month ago...

Someone else should be coming up with their own style of exceutions, there's just no variety these days and they are getting so boring.

That homosexual king of England one was original, and why can't noone else come up with stuff like this?

[ Sunday, April 30, 2006 01:55: Message edited by: Cairo Jim ]

--------------------

Pages