How many people would like spiderweb software to make a game for the nintendo DS

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: How many people would like spiderweb software to make a game for the nintendo DS
Apprentice
Member # 7022
Profile #0
How many people would like spiderweb software to make a game for the nintendo DS?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 48 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=FVcvzWhDNzsN"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=FVcvzWhDNzsN"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #1
Spiderweb is an independent shareware company. In order to make platform games, Jeff would have to sell his games in a mainstream retail setting, which is something that he is never going to do. Also, the DS sucks, but that's a topic for another time. :P

[ Wednesday, April 12, 2006 12:06: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by the_outsider:

How many people would like spiderweb software to make a game for the nintendo DS?
Me no. :D

As the Tyranicus said, the Nintendo DS isn't very popular (=sucks :P ).

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Shock Trooper
Member # 5969
Profile #3
An Exilesque game for some platform that's not a computer would be pretty cool (and definitely superior to so many fantasy games for stuff like the Gamecube and Playstation II), but not the DS. DS is pretty stupid. I also don't think it would have the necessary charm if ported to another platform.

--------------------
A C, an E-flat, and a G walk into the Tower of the Magi.
Ambrin walks up to them and says, "Hey! It's the Triad!"
Kelner snorts and says, "Pretty minor Triad if you ask me."
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Erika Maroonmark:

An Exilesque game for some platform that's not a computer would be pretty cool (and definitely superior to so many fantasy games for stuff like the Gamecube and Playstation II)
So many? How about all? I defy you to name any good console fantasy game made in the past 5 years or so. Pretty hard, isn't it? All the good ones were on NES, SNES, or Playstation.

Edit: I actually thought of 2, (Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance and WildArms 3) so I guess I was a little off, but still, fantasy games were better in the 90s.

[ Wednesday, April 12, 2006 12:15: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
Isn't Playstation a console?

—Alorael, who would rather have Spiderweb games stay on the computer. They'll actually make money there, and he'll be able to play them.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #6
Playstation is a console yes, but I was saying that no (or very few) good fantasy games have been made on consoles in the past 5 years, which means Playstation games can be good because The PS2 has been out for more than 5 years.

[ Wednesday, April 12, 2006 12:25: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shock Trooper
Member # 5969
Profile #7
True. The Zelda games for N64 were made I think six and eight years ago (wow, they're old now…), then there's stuff like Tales of Symphonia, which is OK (although at times it felt more like watching TV than playing a game, the battles and stuff were so easy, and it was just scene after scene otherwise), and Wind Waker is OK, but other than that, there's really nothing memorable. I'd think that Final Fantasy would be pretty good, but I've never played it, and most of those games are getting pretty old too, aren't they? Most of them are for Playstation 1. Everything else that's good is really old, like Chrono Trigger.

--------------------
A C, an E-flat, and a G walk into the Tower of the Magi.
Ambrin walks up to them and says, "Hey! It's the Triad!"
Kelner snorts and says, "Pretty minor Triad if you ask me."
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #8
So far it's nine against and zero for. That's a pretty strong message.

Dikiyoba's dedication to Dikiyoba's computer is such that Dikiyoba isn't entirely sure what a Nintendo DS is. And Dikiyoba is happy with that.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #9
Make that 10 to 0.

1. DS Sucks.
2. Porting an Exile/Avernum game to a console platformer RPG would require a major revamp of the control interface, which could potentially mean changing the balance and playing style of the entire game.

Now, if Jeff were somehow able to create an original RPG/FPS game, based in Exile/Avernum, and put it on either computer or console... I'm sure that too many people who didn't know any better would think of it as a rip-off of the Elder Scrolls series.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin has postulated that a chair moving at about the speed of light would be less effective a weapon for assassination than a dagger moving at the same speed.
His rationale? People might see the chair coming.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #10
Def no.

Someone is apparently wearing off on me.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #11
It would be cool to play Spiderweb games on the move, but a couple things make one reconsider a quick vote to "For". First, Jeff has never programmed anything for any platform other than a computer (or even a Mac :P ). Second, releasing it for DS means entering into mass production of specific cartriges, boxes, and other accessories that come with all the other high-dollar games. SW just isn't that popular. Keep making new games, Jeff.

--------------------
-ben4808
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #12
Just so everyone knows, the results are 0-15 so far. Don't screw up our streak!

Anyway, I don't want SpidWeb to go bankrupt because they tried to release one of their games on the a major market and failed horribly.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #13
0-16.

For the love of god, keep SW games on computers.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #14
Spidweb would never make it on the console game market, so no.

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #15
I feel tempted to vote "for" just to break the streak. However, I'll be honest so NO

[ Sunday, April 16, 2006 14:50: Message edited by: Dominican Desire ]

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #16
Apparently now 20 out of 18 are against.
I own a computer, but I do not own and do not intend to own any type of dedicated game system, so I have no interest in the Nintendo DS or any similar device.

Edit: Now UBB notices that 20 people have voted. Its inconsistancies certainly are funny.

Edit Again: My grammar is also poor.

[ Wednesday, April 12, 2006 19:05: Message edited by: Niemand ]

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #17
Add me to the NO group, but it will never happen anyway.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #18
That would suck pretty bad if it was on the DS. Also, I havent met a single person that owns a DS. There doesnt seem to be very many of them.
Warrior
Member # 4204
Profile #19
No. Absolutely not. For any reason. Ever.

Feasability aside, the format does not lend itself to the style of game play that makes these games unique and enjoyable. Really, what would be the point?

--------------------
What really went on there, we only have this excerpt...
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #20
Originally by Niemand:

quote:
Edit: Now UBB notices that 20 people have voted. Its inconsistancies certainly are funny.
It's not inconsistent. The poll information in the post itself is only updated when a new reply is added, just like PDNs, post counts, locations, etc.

Dikiyoba isn't saying that UBB isn't inconsistent. This is just not one of those cases.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #21
UBB is at least consistent in its inconsistencies.

Also, OMG OF CORSE JEFF SOUHLD MAK3 THIS WTF!!!11

Uh, no.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #22
I'm glad to see the community come together for important matters such as these.

Nothing like a unilateral squashing of an unaccomplishable idea.
BANNED
Member # 6432
Profile #23
SW Games on DS?
I think not. Prices would go through the roof!
And anyway who owns a DS?
No one i know thats for sure.

--------------------
I hate you all
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #24
AGANIST: 27
FOR: 0

:eek:

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion