ME!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: ME!
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #25
edit;

[ Tuesday, March 07, 2006 18:43: Message edited by: VCH ]

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #26
Mh... VCH appears to have posted something, and then edited it out again. What was it? ^__^

Anyway, my hair was once about as long as that (though a bit messier). Now it's not, although I'm letting it grow out again.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #27
What's up with guys and long hair? I can count with one hand the guys I've met that actually look good with long hair, and the hair wasn't too long. Although I don't wear short hair, it is still creepy to think of a guy with the hair lenght of a girl.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #28
Some girls have opinions emphatically in the opposite direction. That's the only defense that I can manage.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #29
So they just wear it long cuz some girls like it? Talk about pleasing
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #30
quote:
Originally written by Rei:

So they just wear it long cuz some girls like it? Talk about pleasing
Well...one of my exes had long hair, halfway down his back. Far longer than mine was at the time. He cut it short because I suggested it. Didn't ask him to, would never do that. Emphasis on "suggested"--he had crazy split ends.

Having that kind of power was scary. I don't need it. Too prone to abuse.

[ Tuesday, March 07, 2006 23:20: Message edited by: dareva ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #31
I would say that some guys wear their hair long because they like it, without referral to the opinions of whatever random girl is present. I would also say that I have no problem with the hairstyle preference of most people, guys or not. Roughly four out of five guys I know with long hair look good with it.

Of course, there are those guys who have long hair simply because they can't be bothered to get it cut.

[ Wednesday, March 08, 2006 00:29: Message edited by: premonition ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #32
I have long hair by my own choice, but it doesn't hurt that my sister approves. Her advice is usually a good idea. It hurts even less that my grandmother disapproves. :P

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #33
quote:
Originally written by premonition:

Of course, there are those guys who have long hair simply because they can't be bothered to get it cut.
Well, yeah, that's sort of the primary reason for the hair that I have right now.

EDIT: But I probably would've bothered if girls that I know didn't like it.

[ Wednesday, March 08, 2006 07:22: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #34
Yeah, going to get your hair cut requires time, money, and some sort of mental effort to choose your new 'you' for something that isn't all that important. I cut my hair last for Winter break, the mother wouldn't let me in the house without that. Like Kel said, it wasn't disaproved of by the 'female consensus' or it might have been cut earlier.

Longish hair can get annoying though. All frizzy on dry days, or during storms.

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #35
It requires 10 to 15 dollars and half an hour of your time. I can't picture someone not having 15 dollars and half an hour free at least once every three months. You guys are so lazy, feel sorry for my poor little brother who has to cut it every two weeks. His hair grows crazy fast, and though I don't mind it till it starts growing past the ears, my mother hates it.
Besides, I'm not suggesting a "new you" just trim it down or something. I wouldn't "make" my bf cut his hair, especially if he likes it, but I would "strongly" suggest it. Hey, if I don't cut my hair past my breast cuz my boyfriend loves it, then he should be able to do the same. Not that I only have long because of him, but I’m not ashamed to admit that I like pleasing my man

Edit: To me long hair gets annoying during the summer. During those sweaty hot days. I just try to wear a pony tail and drink something cold

[ Wednesday, March 08, 2006 09:24: Message edited by: Rei ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #36
Long hair on guys is in no way different IMHO than long hair on girls, both of which look good.

Close cropped (and especially military-style) looks disgusting.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #37
To delay the bother of visiting a barber, I've been trimming my own fringe every time it gets into my eyes for the last month or so. It's worked well enough so far, but eventually I'm going to have a mullet. -_-

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #38
Bah. I've never understood long hair on guys. Done right, it's great, but it's so often done wrong. I'll take short hair any day, thanks.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #39
All the guys I know with long hair would look bad with short hair in my opinion, so I've never had a problem with it.

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #40
quote:

It requires 10 to 15 dollars and half an hour of your time.
Well, if you actually have a barber. I moved away to college, and my barber didn't move with me. The only time I've cut my hair since then, I was living with my parents temporarily and went back to the same guy.

I've sort of been putting off finding someone new around here.

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #41
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, if you actually have a barber. I moved away to college, and my barber didn't move with me. The only time I've cut my hair since then, I was living with my parents temporarily and went back to the same guy.

I've sort of been putting off finding someone new around here.

I'm in the same situation. I'd rather drive an hour to see my old barber than visit a new one.

He's going to be retiring soon, so that may present a problem.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #42
It's good to hear the "male short hair vs. long hair debate." Dikiyoba has only been hearing the "female curly hair vs. straight hair" from Dikiyoba's sibling and Dikiyoba's sibling friends for a long time now.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #43
My friends and relations are all strongly in favor of long hair. I neither have nor want long hair. This is a source of some tension which is alleviated as my hair grows and then brought back in full force when I have my hair removed every few months.

—Alorael, who has dinner with his old retired barber every Christmas. His barber also tells him that his hair is too short.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #44
Personal barbers? Since when? I just go and whoever's there cuts my hair. That being I usually go once every three months. So my hair gets progressively longer. The edited post above none shall ever know what 'twas

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #45
Eh, I'm not a fan of long hair. It can look good on some people, but factoring in the upkeep, it's just too time-consuming to make it look nice. And somebody are in obvious need of a haircut, if just to get it out of their eyes.

--------------------
-ben4808
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #46
For the past 19 or so years (I was a bald baby), my hair has been cut by the same barber everytime. My hair isn't really thaat important to me. I get it cut when it gets to the point that I can't see well. Other than that, it doesn't matter.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #47
quote:

It requires 10 to 15 dollars and half an hour of your time.
I know some people - my brother, for one - who object to spending that much money for a haircut, and that's a cheaper price than any of the hairdressers offer around here. After all, Mum does a perfectly reasonable job for free. That period when he didn't visit for a few years had his hair halfway down his back.

Fringes are one of the most annoying things I ever experienced. It seemed like a week after it was cut, it'd be back in my eyes, and chin length hair is just impossible to deal with. I couldn't keep it straight, couldn't tie it back ...

quote:

To me long hair gets annoying during the summer. During those sweaty hot days. I just try to wear a pony tail and drink something cold
I like long hair. It's easy to manage, easy to wash, and looks a lot better on me. Sure it gets hot in summer, but putting it in a bun keeps it cool enough. The only trouble I have with it now is a tendency to sit on it if I'm not careful.
For Carnage, Apply Within
Member # 95
Profile #48
t Marlenny: I would get a haircut, but I'd lose my incredible bear-like strength. Also, it looks cool when I run. :P

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: More fun than a kick in the shins!
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #49
quote:
Originally written by Infernal666hate:

Close cropped (and especially military-style) looks disgusting.

I have to disagree with you there. I've known a number of guys for whom only extremely short hair looks even decent on them, never mind good. My man happens to be one of them, since he has crazy hair that immediately goes extremely poofy if he lets it grow out the least bit.

Pages