Ash Got Banned...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Ash Got Banned...
BANNED
Member # 6655
Profile #25
Wouldn't it be so much easier if TM got banned?
Cause then they'd be a celebration topic instead!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #26
quote:
Originally written by Inthrall:

quote:
Originally written by Kingy:

It was called "Why should I buy Averforge?", not geneavernum and, yea, it's been deleted.
Has anyone got a copy somewhere?

Unfortunately, I am not in the habit of making regular, unscheduled backup runs. Mostly because I am also not used to unannounced purges of threads with crimethink in them.

I do, however, have the blurbs (ie what shows up in the "active topics" list) of a lot of posts in a lot of threads.

Specifically, I have the first 255 characters of posts 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11,12 of topic 273 in forum 20, which happens to be titled "Why should I buy Averforge?"

I would normally hesitate to link to content that has been found fit for deletion, but I could not find anything in this content that violates the Code of Conduct. Therefore: What I got.

Edit: I also have the page Google Desktop cached, but that doesn't have all the posts: What I also got.

Edit:

TM, shouldn't that be "to stop worrying and set up the entire forums the bomb?"

Also, I can't say I disagree with the calls for "Great Justice!" but I don't exactly see how you're going to do that, these forums being hosted and owned by Jeff and all.

Finally, this matter *might* be under discussion at the moment. Might, might not.

[ Saturday, March 04, 2006 04:36: Message edited by: Left Outer Join ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #27
Before that topic got deleted, some guy started calling everyone in the topic fags.Thats about all I remember.

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
BANNED
Member # 6655
Profile #28
That would be TM.
He's a fag himself.
Lifecrafter
Member # 59
Profile #29
I doubt that Ash's signature in any way hurted Avernum 4 sales (don't they say that "all publicity is good publicity"?), so Jeff is needlessly demonstrating that his tail is the longest on this board.

I'm sure Alorael understands that "don't buy it" doesn't imply "pirate it".
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #30
How long will he be banned for?

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
BANNED
Member # 6655
Profile #31
quote:
Originally written by BainIhrno:

How long will he be banned for?
I hope its not forever, he was a good guy.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #32
He should be unbanned in a couple days.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #33
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

Thank You, O Laconic Drakey :) . That's good to know. Although I can't really understand why he got banned in the first place if Jeff gave him permission to quote him. And even if he did do something wrong, shouldn't he have been warned first (like, 'could you please remove this quote from your sig, Barcoorah?') ?
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #34
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

Hope so. I've only been back 10 minutes and I already miss him.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #35
quote:
Originally written by The Lurker:

And even if he did do something wrong, shouldn't he have been warned first (like, 'could you please remove this quote from your sig, Barcoorah?') ?
Apparently Jeff did say this, and Ash told him to lighten up. Jeff deleted the topic almost instantly after that, though, so almost no one read it.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #36
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

quote:
Originally written by The Lurker:

And even if he did do something wrong, shouldn't he have been warned first (like, 'could you please remove this quote from your sig, Barcoorah?') ?
Apparently Jeff did say this, and Ash told him to lighten up. Jeff deleted the topic almost instantly after that, though, so almost no one read it.

Well, that sure explains most of the problem. Thanks, Kelandon :) . Jeff should have locked the thread instead of deleting it, though (in my opinion).
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #37
As disturbed as I am by things getting deleted without warning, I am much more disturbed at what, in the long run, this will mean for Jeff's policy regarding General.

Bluntly, we've built a playground on his company's parking lot.

I hope I will not see the day he decides to evict us from said playground.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #38
I think, if anything, this means that one ought to obey the guy paying the bills for the boards when he tells one to do something regarding the boards.

But yeah, if the topic had just been locked and not deleted, a lot less confusion would've been had by all.

[ Saturday, March 04, 2006 07:45: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #39
quote:
Originally written by Left Outer Join:

As disturbed as I am by things getting deleted without warning, I am much more disturbed at what, in the long run, this will mean for Jeff's policy regarding General.

Bluntly, we've built a playground on his company's parking lot.

I hope I will not see the day he decides to evict us from said playground.

Don't give him a reason. Don't act like jerks. Don't make stupid, petty, or otherwise inane attacks on the man's efforts. Reasonable critism is fine, but childish attacks will be met with blunt force. Say thanks every now and then, and try to make Jeff feel welcome in his own parking lot. HE OWNS IT.

Thank you, that is all.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #40
I don't remember seeing Ash telling Jeff to lighten up.I do remember telling another guy insulting spy.there to calm down.

[ Saturday, March 04, 2006 08:46: Message edited by: The Kraken ]

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #41
quote:
Originally written by The punisher:

Irony is, last time I was banned (and for well-and-beyond-justficied reasons), there were protest topics.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
BANNED
Member # 2385
Profile Homepage #42
I have to go with Jeff on this one. Ash was warned, he knew what he was risking when he said "no", and he faced the consequences.

--------------------
I am a silly, silly fool.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #43
It's not exactly like he said "Ash, if you don't take this line out of your signature, I'm banning you."

In fact, he said "Knock yourself out. :-)"

Not "Screw you :-)", not "Knock yourself out :mad: ", but "Knock yourself out :-)". I mean, I'm paranoid when it comes to worrying whether I've offended someone, but I wouldn't have seen this coming.

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #44
quote:
Originally written by Prometheus:

quote:
Originally written by The punisher:

Irony is, last time I was banned (and for well-and-beyond-justficied reasons), there were protest topics.

Yes, they were. It's not like everybody deep down wants to rid themselves of TM forever. He's been here too long, and we're losing too many people as it is.

But anyway, I don't know if Jeff actually has that much experience to know how the message boards work nowadays. People that stay here have all dutifully left their sanity at the door.

--------------------
-ben4808
Apprentice
Member # 6845
Profile #45
GAAH!!!
Sooooo confused!
SOMEONE EXPLAIN!

--------------------
coco puffs and techno pop... sounds like a party.

Bé, daru, sa kai kasé!
BANNED
Member # 2385
Profile Homepage #46
quote:
Originally written by Left Outer Join:

It's not exactly like he said "Ash, if you don't take this line out of your signature, I'm banning you."

In fact, he said "Knock yourself out. :-)"

Not "Screw you :-)", not "Knock yourself out :mad: ", but "Knock yourself out :-)". I mean, I'm paranoid when it comes to worrying whether I've offended someone, but I wouldn't have seen this coming.

Honestly, if Drakey, Alorael, or some other respected admin/moderator ordered me to take a line or so out of my signature, I wouldn't hesitate to get it the hell done. Sure, I wouldn't suspect I was at risk of being banned by not doing so, but honestly, Jeff requested that Ash change his signature, Ash said no. I'm sure a week ban is enough to get the message across to him.

--------------------
I am a silly, silly fool.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #47
Banning the Creator was a completely arbitrary and astoundingly hostile act, and a lot of important people - people who mean more to the community than you, and who know Jeff Vogel better than you - are extremely angry about it.

He didn't violate any part of the Code of Conduct, which doesn't have a clause saying anything like poking fun at Jeff Vogel is a bannable offense.

The sick fact of the matter is that the Vogel-cult is still strong enough that people feel it is perfectly justified. If Schrodinger had done this, I don't think everyone would be baying for the Creator's blood.

To clarify the issue: Vogel banned the Creator without any real warning, and when the Creator inquired on the matter he was sent a dismissive, insulting, and profane e-mail in response.

And after all that crap, the line is still in the Creator's sig.

[ Saturday, March 04, 2006 09:52: Message edited by: Belisarius ]
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #48
quote:
Originally written by Eating My Food:

Honestly, if Drakey, Alorael, or some other respected admin/moderator ordered me to take a line or so out of my signature, I wouldn't hesitate to get it the hell done.
BUT HE WASN'T WARNED, YOU WORTHLESS JUNKSLUT. He was TOLD IT WAS OKAY, and was promptly BANNED for it.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #49
And now Ash is probably going to be unbanned. Just because he has a cult of followers doesn't mean Jeff doesn't occasionally show signs of pride or temper. Howling for his blood isn't any more helpful than howling for the Creator's.

Additionally, the next person to post "fags" or about bundles of sticks will deserve to be banned.

—Alorael, who doesn't think Ash did anything wrong and is glad that the resolution looks like it won't follow the precedent set by posting dictionary definitions. Believe it or not, there is progress on Spiderweb.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00

Pages