Return of the "Post Your Desktop" Topic

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Return of the "Post Your Desktop" Topic
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #50
I respect those folders 7e.

—Alorael, who can't put units on respect.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #51
Renaming, opening and moving folders is tricky business when you are in a hurry and working with Explorer. I often create new folders where I don't need them, and then forget to delete them. Then I accidentally copy them. Then I accidentally create shortcuts to them. Then I copy the shortcuts.

Incidentally, I once misclicked so badly and so repeatedly that, while trying to rename an MSword document, I first deleted it, confirmed the delete, and, upon trying to retrieve it from the trash bin, emptied the trashbin instead and confirmed the delete again.

Fortunately, it contained nothing irreplacable.

After that incident, however, I decided I had been sitting at the computer long enough, and a break would be in order...

[ Thursday, March 02, 2006 05:18: Message edited by: Left Outer Join ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #52
A little, a lot, not very much, or not at all would all be valid 'ammounts' of respect. Of course simply saying that you do or do not makes the whole thing a bit easier. ;)

Edit:tAran - Sounds like a hand-eye coordination problem to me. :P I'm constantly renaming flies and folders in the hopes of organizing them better. (Just check my naming system for PixPro.) I've gotten a lot of practice. It only becomes difficult when one or more kids decide they want to sit on my lap at the same time.

[ Thursday, March 02, 2006 05:27: Message edited by: Jewels ]

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #53
quote:
Originally written by Left Outer Join:

Incidentally, I once misclicked so badly and so repeatedly that, while trying to rename an MSword document, I first deleted it, confirmed the delete, and, upon trying to retrieve it from the trash bin, emptied the trashbin instead and confirmed the delete again.

Fortunately, it contained nothing irreplacable.

After that incident, however, I decided I had been sitting at the computer long enough, and a break would be in order...

Was this during your phase as a slapstick comedian(ne)?

I once managed to make four shortcuts of shortcuts in my BoA scenario folder. Luckily, it wasn't anything bad. My mouse control is pretty good. Trackpads though...

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #54
I had a folder that liked to make itself read-only, therefore making all the subfolders in it read-only, making trying to add new folders or programs to it a complete pain. Naturally, all the useful programs were rescued and the folder and its subfolders found themselves delete-only.

Dikiyoba.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #55
You could've just created a new folder and transfered everything from that folder to the new one. What was so special about this folder? And it's easy to change a folder from 'read only', why was this one giving you such a hard time?

Edit: I have a folder that is 'read only', and it doesn't affect any of the things in it. Anyhow, I've done things without noticing, like deleting instead of renaming, or putting this in the same place, create several shortcuts of the same thing, etc. But not nearly as close as Aran's :P

[ Thursday, March 02, 2006 15:46: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #56
Well I did stuff even dumber when I was much younger. On Windows 95, all those generic, non-exe data files looked pretty useless sometimes because they're never clicked on. So one day I just deleted a bunch of them to clean out space. :P

I think we had to have our computer reinstalled or somthing after that. :o

--------------------
-ben4808
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #57
Geting back on topic, here's my desktop. Not that anyone cares or even knows who I am.
IMAGE(http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c266/Andraste65/th_desktop.jpg)
Click for a bigger image.
How cute!

:Edit: Yea, ben, I've done that before too. It sucked.

[ Friday, March 03, 2006 17:26: Message edited by: Andraste ]

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #58
Uh...That desktops a little hard to see. Although I can see A1, A2 and geneforge if I squint really hard.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #59
quote:
Originally written by the benalizer:

Well I did stuff even dumber when I was much younger. On Windows 95, all those generic, non-exe data files looked pretty useless sometimes because they're never clicked on. So one day I just deleted a bunch of them to clean out space. :P

I think we had to have our computer reinstalled or somthing after that. :o

My sister did that once or twice. I think she had run out of space because, after all, the best solution when you cannot remember where you moved a certain game is to install it again. :)

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Apprentice
Member # 6679
Profile #60
Well heres my desktop;
IMAGE(http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/diablogames/image/desktop_thumb.png)

yup, wide screen (laptop)

--------------------
Visit diablogames for more info on our (my) great stuff ><

current W.I.P(an iso rpg for PC, Mac and linux )
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #61
Have you programmed any cool stuff?

--------------------
-ben4808
Apprentice
Member # 6679
Profile #62
yer - umm if your a programmer using blitzmax.

not many games at the mo. (in fact i did have quite a lot back in the day but had i had a crap host - deleted files , didnt back up stuff lost some work)

[ Friday, March 03, 2006 09:16: Message edited by: diablo_tk ]

--------------------
Visit diablogames for more info on our (my) great stuff ><

current W.I.P(an iso rpg for PC, Mac and linux )

Pages