Teddy Ballgame

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Teddy Ballgame
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #0
Brilliant baseball player, wore the number 9, batted .406 in a season. Also a sports fisherman, inducted into both Fishing and Baseball Halls of Fame. His batting average in his .406 season was .3996 prior to the last game. His manager let him make the call on playing, but he insisted, went 6 for 8 in the game, and the batting average rose to the current record. His jersey number, 9, was the first one retired by the Red Sox, and is the decimal equivalent to 1001.

*this message brought to you by the standells*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Binary equivalent, I think.

He was also controversially cryopreserved.

—Alorael, who doesn't know what prompted this, although it's fascinating.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #2
Congratulations on not doing the stereotypical thing. And also the milestone.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
I'm not at my sharpest, am I?

Congrats on reaching a non-decimal milestone, Salmon!

—Alorael, who hopes you enjoy an equal number of nocturnal periods that pass without execution.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #4
Wow... many of these topics here lately. I'm almost through all my congratulations. If there are more to congratulate, I fear they'll have to do without my congratulations.

So anyway, may you have many more postly days. congratulations.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #5
Congratulations.

I'm saying this with begrudging respect. And all that business.

And nice work with the topic, too. Loading up the usual array of photos makes my connection cry.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #6
Congratulaitions!

Stolah u kulamé! :)

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #7
Why are there so many celebratory topics?

Because once the first person creates one, then everyone else posts to congratulate them, thus increasing their post count. Eventually, someone else reaches a post count worth celebrating and the cycle continues.

Anyway, congratulations.

Dikiyoba will drop by and congratulate Jumpin' Salmon again at some later point in time...
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #8
Congratulations!

On a side note, it seems that batting 8 times in a single game is quite a lot. Was it a load of extra innings or just a long blowout?

--------------------
-ben4808
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #9
Congrats Salmon! Looks like I need to watch my back...

And I've got to wonder how many at-bats and games this guy played in for that season...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #10
Thousands. He was arguably the best baseball player to ever not win a World Series. Detroit fans might have an argument. All the info was gathered from wikipedia, my mostest favoritest place to get useless information. Aside from World War 2, when he was a marine fighter pilot, he played 21 seasons in the majors, all with the Red Sox, and his lifetime average was .344 (2,292 games and 7,706 at bats). His career was cut short by the Korean War, when he re-entered the service to shoot more stuff.

Eight at bats was for the day, since the final day of the season was a double-header.

I shudder when I see all those images loading as well, so I opted out.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #11
Congratulations, Salmon!

May you never let the big one get away.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

All the info was gathered from wikipedia, my mostest favoritest place to get useless information. Aside from World War 2, when he was a marine fighter pilot, he played 21 seasons in the majors, all with the Red Sox, and his lifetime average was .344 (2,292 games and 7,706 at bats). His career was cut short by the Korean War, when he re-entered the service to shoot more stuff.
And, if you harvest Wikipedia for information on the right day, he liked anal sex with Hitler.

[ Saturday, February 18, 2006 16:53: Message edited by: Belisarius ]
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #13
IMAGE(http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a181/Alexsticks/posting.gif)

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

Thousands. He was arguably the best baseball player to ever not win a World Series. Detroit fans might have an argument. All the info was gathered from wikipedia, my mostest favoritest place to get useless information. Aside from World War 2, when he was a marine fighter pilot, he played 21 seasons in the majors, all with the Red Sox, and his lifetime average was .344 (2,292 games and 7,706 at bats). His career was cut short by the Korean War, when he re-entered the service to shoot more stuff.

Eight at bats was for the day, since the final day of the season was a double-header.

That's cool. Do you happen to know this much about all baseball history, because that would be quite impressive.

--------------------
-ben4808
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #15
Actually, YES. My cousin can tell you what player belongs to what team, name their stats, when they transfered and why, and tons of other baseball stuff. It is quite impressive, and addictive.

Congratulations Salmon.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #16
*raises glass*

...um, sorry man. I just got back from the steeple. All I got's a lot of God stuff on my mind. Ain't got nothin good.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley