Roar.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Roar.
BANNED
Member # 2064
Profile #0
Also spelled rawr. Discuss.

--------------------
I am an idiot.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
Welcome back Order Mage, and I am glad to see that in all these years of changing times, at least the average sense of your topics has stayed the same.

I feel at home like I haven't felt since Summer '03... ah, the days...

:P

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Warrior
Member # 6759
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Order Mage:

Also spelled rawr. Discuss.
What's the point of spelling it Rawr? I've never understood this.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #3
The subject of this topic is so fascinating and deep that thinking about it has dumbfounded me.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #4
The different spelling obviously implies different pronunciation, and thus different meaning.
The "Roar" is a majestic loud rendering roaring that instills fear.
The "Rawr" is a cuter version of Roaring, generally used by females in a prideful, taunting manner.

:D
Yay for making things up on the spot!

--------------------
The Silent Assassin is out playing in the snow.
At least it's not me.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Warrior
Member # 6759
Profile Homepage #5
All the kids on myspace tend to think that dinosaurs go "Rawwwr" and Guns go "Bang Bang". Oh and that robots go "Boop Beep Boop".

It's just so intellectual!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #6
Then again, all the kids on MySpace also think that if they don't repost that chain bulletin, some evil person will show up and murder them when they get tucked into bed that night.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by karin.exe:

All the kids on myspace tend to think that dinosaurs go "Rawwwr" and Guns go "Bang Bang". Oh and that robots go "Boop Beep Boop".
I just had the most amazing revelation.

Dinosaurs go "Rawwwr"...

Guns go "Bang Bang".

And Robots... robots go "Boop Beep Boop"...

The world suddenly makes sense!

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #8
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roar

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

Then again, all the kids on MySpace also think that if they don't repost that chain bulletin, some evil person will show up and murder them when they get tucked into bed that night.
But ... but ... what about the clown statue that isn't a statue?

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #10
OM, welcome back!

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

I've seen the same thing happen on FaceBook, and among my relatives. It's sad... and I wonder how many of them actually believe them.

Heck, last time I got a chain letter from a friend, I wrote them back asking "You're kidding, right?"

EDIT: OM, have you gone by different names in the past? I think I remember you, but I can't place the name...

[ Monday, February 13, 2006 12:16: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #12
The last time I got a real chain letter I tore it into pieces. Strangely enough it was one of the best weeks of my life and nothing happened afterwards. I do get tons of chain letters by email, but even when I do like them I still don't forward them just for the fact that they are chain letters.

Edit: true

[ Monday, February 13, 2006 12:51: Message edited by: Selima ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Selima:

The last time I got a real chain letter I tore it into pieces. Strangely enough it was one of the best weeks of my life and nothing happened afterwards. I do get tons of chain letters by email, but even when I do like them I still don't forward them just for the fact that they are chain letters.
Electronic chain letters, on the other hand, are far more annoying because they don't provide any material suited to release one's anger at receiving it. Clicking the delete button is notably less satisfying than tearing the letter into a thousand tiny pieces. :P

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar the Grey:

Electronic chain letters, on the other hand, are far more annoying because they don't provide any material suited to release one's anger at receiving it. Clicking the delete button is notably less satisfying than tearing the letter into a thousand tiny pieces. :P
Hm... perhaps that's why a stubborn few continue to mass-forward them. In lieu of a traditional anger release, they feel the need inflict the offending spam on others. Or maybe they're just stupid.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #15
This is parallel to the same supposed reason why very religious or moralistic people tend to be so judgemental toward everyone else. They themselves are miserable inflicting themselves with unkeepable and perhaps unnatural laws, so the most gratifying and justifying thing to do is seek to inflict those same miserable rules on anyone else they can. Misery loves company.

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #16
Maybe I shouldn't ask but…

Nazgul, what exactly did you use the wink for ?

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Apprentice
Member # 6787
Profile #17
I got a chain letter the other day. It was a petition to abolish bonsai kittens. Some Japaniese dude would put a kitten in a box when its bones weren't fully grown, then confine the kitten for its lifespan. Is supposed to make a great toddler's toy.

--------------------
"I come for the chugga... but I stay for the wiggy wugga."-Cheerleader
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #18
Mm, perfectly square kittens. Like most chain letters, though, they're a hoax too...
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #19
A friend of ours wrote something about this once...
Ironically enough, it's on MySpace.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin has recently developed a fetish with Techno music. I wouldn't be bothered so much by it but for the fact that he turns the volume all the way down when he thinks someone else can hear it.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Apprentice
Member # 6607
Profile #20
My personal favorite chain letters are the ones that go something like this: "OMG HURY AN SEND THIS TO EVERYONE!!!11 Or YOU'RE EMAIL'LL GET DETETED". Typos and grammatical errors added for entertainment purposes.

Ironically a couple weeks ago I sent my friends, who use myspace, a letter saying that people were using it to rape and murder people. A few days after that myspace hits the news after some girl goes off to meet some guy she met on myspace.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #21
quote:

Print it. Or better yet, put it in some sort of writing program, add things like "yes, I certainly am very stupid", then print it. Proceed to reduce the newly-printed chain letter into tiny pieces. Although you're tearing your own paper.

Anyway, Welcome back, Order Mage!

--------------------
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #22
quote:

Personally, I prefer the good old-fashioned method of ripping the 'delete' key off of your keyboard, standing about 3 feet from your computer, and bodily throwing every heavy object avaliable at the monitor until the chain letter somehow gets wiped off the screen. The only problem is, often you can only do this once.

EDIT: Typos make the world go round. It's currently 1:21 AM here and I'm supposed to be writing an essay. Coherent speech decided to stay somewhere back at the title.

[ Monday, February 13, 2006 21:18: Message edited by: Robert the Fourth ]

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #23
I recently got a chain letter that was *****ing about chain letters. I've still got it in a folder somwhere, I'll find it and post it.

Basically, it was written by someone who wanted to see their own chain letter to go around.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Warrior
Member # 6689
Profile #24
Roar and rawr are just two different English onomotopoeatic expressions. Roar's vowels are pronounced as in 'boat,' a deep 'oh' sound. Rawr's vowels are pronounced more like 'march,' a much lighter 'ah' sound. As to the origins of 'rawr' I think I know who invented the expression. I firmly believe that 'twas I. Prior to playing games such as Age of Empires online, I'd never heard the expression. In 1997, I used the expression as a typo in a game, and it caught on and stuck. ^__^

--------------------
--Dachnaz

Pages