bye everyone, goodbye forever

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: bye everyone, goodbye forever
BANNED
Member # 6655
Profile #0
Bye to everyone who's here. Because after what happened earlier, I don't want to visit ever again. I joined these forum's hoping to make new friends and have fun chats.
And you know what, that was the case until today. I've always enjoyed visiting here and posting, but never did I think I'd have something like that said to me. Oh, and if you don't know the reason I've just cryed, why not take a look at the "a delete topic option" topic.

Well, goodbye everyone, and thanks Prometheus, thanks for what you did. I now know never to visit here again. Thanks a lot.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #1
Bye! I hope that at some point you decide to come back. Just because one person is mean to you, you shouldn't let them stop you for visiting somewhere you enjoy. May you at least remain a wanderer.

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #2
Well seeing as TM is busy chatting i will say this for him, Your very welcome!!

darn for a second i thought I would be first

[ Saturday, February 04, 2006 16:17: Message edited by: Hawk King ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Goodbye forever, Edward. See you next week.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #4
Well, I'll tell you what, that was a pretty mild statement for TM. While it may seem a little offensive, that's just the way he is, so you just have to take it in stride. Since he's an oldbie and has already been banned twice, he knows what the consequences could be. However, that was just not that severe.

Anyway, if you're really going, take my regards with you.

--------------------
-ben4808
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #5
IMAGE(http://perth.indymedia.org/storyuploads/6303/cyanide.gif)

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #6
Welcome back, Cmd. Edward.

Oh, sorry, I mixed up the dates and thought it was two days later. :P

No offense, but seriously you should at the very least try to dispose of your sanity before enjoying the SW General Experience™

[ Saturday, February 04, 2006 17:10: Message edited by: Arancaytar the Grey ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #7
That is a shame. It's unfortunate that so often these things are TM's fault. Goodbye...

[ Saturday, February 04, 2006 17:28: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #8
quote:
Goodbye forever, Edward. See you next week.

All too true, as often as not.

Edward, if you really enjoy something, its often hard to quit. I've done the 'quitting topic' myself on some boards, and then totally gone back on myself within a month or two. Offenses seem big at the time, but really, the good outweighs the bad, and some of the bad can begin to look a bit different, as your perspective changes. Anyways, g'luck if you do end up staying away, and if you do come back, then just learn to ignore TM's bursts. (And hey, as Ben seems to have pointed out recently, he can be fun to troll. ;) )

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #9
So who is this guy anyway?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
There's really no need to be snide or nasty to someone who's leaving because he's unhappy. The internet isn't a nice place and TM may endanger kittens, but sympathy isn't terribly difficult.

Sorry you're leaving on bad terms, Edward. If you do fulfill expectations and come back, you've at least to beware of the TM.

—Alorael, who can't remember the last upset departure at 50 posts. This in no way implies that it didn't happen.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #11
Edward, dude, it's really not worth it to leave. This is generally a nice place, and its peachy side usually outweighs its not-so-peachy side. You get used to TM after a while. Remember that he used to work with cabbages for a living, and that's got to be some justification for being narsty, spiteful and senile now. :P

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #12
See you next week when you realize its not worth paying attention to posts like that.I've left too ,but I always came back.

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #13
Hey Commander Edward (seeing as how I'm almost certain you're reading), is this how you react to all untargeted generic insults? Because I'd hate to see what would happen if someone actually tried to offend you.

EDIT: You know what, I might have been being unclear. By "untargeted generic insults", I mean TM's post in the "Oops" thread about certain people being dense.

[ Saturday, February 04, 2006 20:42: Message edited by: Note to Self ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Robert the Fourth:

Edward, dude, it's really not worth it to leave. This is generally a nice place, and its peachy side usually outweighs its not-so-peachy side. You get used to TM after a while.
Seconded.

If every person that TM insulted left the boards forever, this would be a wasteland... I think only TM would be left. Besides, the odds that he was being serious are pretty slim. Even if he was being serious, that doesn't mean you have to take him seriously.

I think you'll be back, personally. Otherwise, you wouldn't have bothered writing a farewell post... you would've just left.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #15
TM thinks he's funny. Occasionally he's right. This, however, was not one of those times. To get all upset over it, however, is going a little overboard, as I'm sure you'll learn with time. You haven't had much time yet; give yourself more.

TM, I agree that people should get over it or get out, but it's not really your place to chase away new members hoping to benefit from Spiderweb's forums. Spiderweb keeps this place up as a service to its customers, not as your playground. If you want to harass the newbies, go somewhere you don't risk chasing business away from a small company.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #16
Cry? Don't you think that is a little overboard? I've not read the topic yet, but I'll check it out, and then edit an opinion in.

But, goodbye.

EDIT: Is that all? If that was directed at me, I would laugh. Besides, how does he know? :P

If you stay, you will learn to shrug off TM's insults. But, if you choose not to, by all means leave.

[ Saturday, February 04, 2006 22:01: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by Lady Davida:

TM thinks he's funny. Occasionally he's right. This, however, was not one of those times. To get all upset over it, however, is going a little overboard, as I'm sure you'll learn with time. You haven't had much time yet; give yourself more.

TM, I agree that people should get over it or get out, but it's not really your place to chase away new members hoping to benefit from Spiderweb's forums. Spiderweb keeps this place up as a service to its customers, not as your playground. If you want to harass the newbies, go somewhere you don't risk chasing business away from a small company.

Forgive me, father, for I hath sinned...

What? A "special communion", father? You want me to fill the chalice for you?

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #18
...topic, go away. TM, keep this up and you will shortly find yourself retitled.