Chemistry at home, part 12

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Chemistry at home, part 12
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #50
quote:
Originally written by Scumble:

—Alorael, who has just committed second degree ranting. To make up for it, he'll query as to how oxygen is less dangerous than water. Dehydration is bad. So is catching on fire.
I was going for all possibilities, and water can drown you. ;)

quote:
Originally written by Thralni, Chicken God Prophet:

So i finnaly bought it. A stand with two clasps. Now I only need a burner, but i don't think that will be a problem. I'm gonna blow up town now...
Awesome...hope you have fun with it. :)

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #51
Everyone knows water is more dangerous than fire. If your flying party lands in water, everyone drowns. If you get hit by fire, maybe one person (or nephil, or slith) dies. Maybe. And ice is less dangerous than water because it does the same thing as fire.

You know what a fun science class at my school is? Forensic science. There's nothing like working with cyanide or seeing your DNA on a stick. Woohoo!

Edit: Minor layout changes.

Dikiyoba

PS: I don't think I've been probably welcomed to the forums. Did I miss it, have you stopped doing that, or did you realize that I wasn't sane to begin with?

[ Sunday, December 25, 2005 21:27: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #52
Welcome! if its not too late. i just didn't notice you were new.

Anyway, I'm still alive, and my stand is still in one piece. Actually, I started experimenting a long time ago. Anybody still remember the fortune telling bussines? The fortune telling I did by combining certain chemicals and look at the color which appeared.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #53
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, chicken god prophet:

Anybody still remember the fortune telling bussines? The fortune telling I did by combining certain chemicals and look at the color which appeared.
I'm not sure many people forgot it, considering its still in your sig. :P

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Warrior
Member # 6234
Profile #54
hey people, it's been a loooooooooooooong time since my last post, but who cares? :P I haven't really experimented myself with chemicals, but i've done it a couple of times, and i really enjoyed it :) it's fun to throw six different things together in a little bottle or something and then noticing that it's become green :D and turns red after leaving it in the sun for a while :D (it's just a stupid example, i don't know if it's possible :P ) But it's a way to spend some time, it keeps you of the streets ;)

--------------------
There are 400 words in the dictionary that begin with "self" and only 8 that begin with "fellow".

When in doubt. . . mumble.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #55
A more pressing question would be: What have you blown up? :P

--------------------
-ben4808
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #56
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

PS: I don't think I've been probably welcomed to the forums. Did I miss it, have you stopped doing that, or did you realize that I wasn't sane to begin with?
Seems like the more interesting members slip in without making an entrance (i.e. a hello topic) anyway. Let's hope it's too late to affect that.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #57
quote:
Originally written by no chicken for sale here:

.... :P .... :) .... :D .... :D .... :P .... ;)
Aigh!!! Too many graemlins! It burns my eyes!

An "I just got back" post should never have this high of a graemlin-to-word ratio... it needs to be diluted quickly.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #58
quote:
Originally written by no chicken for sale here:

hey people, it's been a loooooooooooooong time since my last post, but who cares? :P I haven't really experimented myself with chemicals, but i've done it a couple of times, and i really enjoyed it :) it's fun to throw six different things together in a little bottle or something and then noticing that it's become green :D and turns red after leaving it in the sun for a while :D (it's just a stupid example, i don't know if it's possible :P ) But it's a way to spend some time, it keeps you of the streets ;)
Good god! I wouldn't thought you would come back! yay! Finnaly! its nice to see you back M...A...R...K... Okay, I agree. That letter thing was stupid, and the amount of graemins in your post is also quite, enormous *coughs*.

You know, chickenman, you really missed out on the fortunetelling bussines I had. i think YOU of ALL poeple would have liked it, considering you are a sort of chickenfanatic like me (But I introduced you :) ).

Anyway, i remember that time we started experimenting together. I don't think we blew anything up, but we did manage to make some nice colors. One I threw away.

EDIT: And yes, you're right, Spring. Its indeed still in my sig. maybe one day Olga will come back, but for now i made a "olga's fortune teller kiosk" program on my calculator (Ti-84+).

[ Friday, December 30, 2005 00:07: Message edited by: Thralni, chicken god prophet ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Warrior
Member # 6234
Profile #59
hahaha, sorry people for all the graemlins, i'm kinda addicted to them...

--------------------
There are 400 words in the dictionary that begin with "self" and only 8 that begin with "fellow".

When in doubt. . . mumble.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #60
Don't worry about it... just try and limit yourself in the future.

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #61
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

An "I just got back" post should never have this high of a graemlin-to-word ratio... it needs to be diluted quickly.
:) :D ;) :P :cool: :eek: :rolleyes:

Guess that's my way of saying I'm back after a few days away. I have 68 mosquito bites and still smell of rotting plums, but at least I'm alive. Did anyone miss me?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #62
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

:) :D ;) :P :cool: :eek: :rolleyes:

Guess that's my way of saying I'm back after a few days away. I have 68 mosquito bites and still smell of rotting plums, but at least I'm alive. Did anyone miss me?

Oh yes! That's right, you were gone! i kinds forgot, actually... he he. Sorry. Anyway, i was a bit surprised not to see you posting all of a sudden.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #63
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Of course we missed you... but why the smell of rotting plums?

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #64
I'm glad you asked.

See, I've been more or less constantly out working in the garden at my family's holiday home since Wednesday. Said work included dragging loose bundles of chicken wire through dense shrubbery, shovelling a literal truckload of mulch into bags for future use, and (and from this next item comes the odour) picking fruit off both the trees and the ground. Since we don't visit the holiday home all that often, and don't always have time to do everything around the house when we do, some of the fruit on the ground were already in an advanced state of decomposition.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #65
Hey Thurly, do the wasps like overripe fruit down there in Oz as much as they do up here in the Emerald City? My hatred of the Yellow Jacket has been forever burned into my brain by several dozen childhood stings. I kill any upon sight whenever possible now.

And then there was the fall afternoon I joyfully ran home from school knowing the Italian Prunes were ripe down in my lower yard at last—which I love even more than plums. Imagine my horror to find a gigantic paper nest full of hornets hanging in the prune tree. The joys of Dispatching the Enemy followed shortly, and my Dad got the worst of it.

--------------------
A4 Items List A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List G4 Insidious Infiltrator NR Items List
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #66
quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

Hey Thurly, do the wasps like overripe fruit down there in Oz as much as they do up here in the Emerald City? My hatred of the Yellow Jacket has been forever burned into my brain by several dozen childhood stings. I kill any upon sight whenever possible now.
Not too many wasps around here, fortunately -- they're not unheard of, but I haven't seen any around in years. Birds are the main culprit responsible for all the half-eaten fruit on our trees.

--------------------

Pages