Came back from Holland to find that most of my best friends are bi.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Came back from Holland to find that most of my best friends are bi.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #50
Looks more like an afro to me. And that's not his chin, it's his goatee.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #51
quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

quote:
I'm not just a pretty face. you know? ;)
I don't do many arguments, but I'm always here for whomever needs a helping hand. Besides, 11 years in Catholic School has to be put to some use.
Yeah, it's a shame I've probably never been within 300 miles of a Catholic School. Is it true that they're really strict?

As Thuryl said, every school had their different rules. Ours was fairly strict, but we got used to it. Some rules were understandable, others were just made to make our lives misserable.
Ex:
1)We had to wear uniforms (though every school in Dom. Rep. has to)
2)Our skirts couldn't be too short
3)Our heels couldn't be too high
4)Guys HAD to get haircurts, and of course braids weren't allowed to.
5)You couldn't exit the school unless you werent sent home by the nurse (hardly ever happened), or your parents would pick you up (the former would happen more often)
6)You had to wear the school symbol on your shirt (attached to it)
7)and of course all of the "the nuns are always right and you're not, respect your elders" rules.

I'm sure there are more logical rules, yet I can't recall the others.
This are some of the ones made to anoy us, and for which they never explain why were created.

1)You couldn't paint your nails (have nail polished at the school)
2)You had to have an ID (though they wouldn't check it at all)
3)You couldn't wear hair gel
4)You had to have the high socks

and many more I've forgotten. Exciting, huh?

Edit: somehow I managed to screw up the Quote.

[ Friday, October 21, 2005 16:18: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #52
quote:
1)We had to wear uniforms (though every school in Dom. Rep. has to)
I would probably be kicked out of school within the first week in the Dom. Rep. Unless the uniform was blue jeans and a plain t-shirt.

quote:
2)Our skirts couldn't be too short
3)Our heels couldn't be too high
That's just common sense.

quote:
4)Guys HAD to get haircurts, and of course braids weren't allowed to.
That's a bit too restrictive for me.

quote:
5)You couldn't exit the school unless you werent sent home by the nurse (hardly ever happened), or your parents would pick you up (the former would happen more often)
Once again, common sense.

quote:
6)You had to wear the school symbol on your shirt (attached to it)
Isn't that like advertisement?

quote:
7)and of course all of the "the nuns are always right and you're not, respect your elders" rules.
That's just wrong. They tried that **** at my high school, but when a parent showed up at school and proved you right, they tended to drop the subject entirely.

quote:
2)You had to have an ID (though they wouldn't check it at all)
I've been to a school like that, and the ID doubled as my lunch card. It's still sucked, though.

quote:
3)You couldn't wear hair gel
I never wear hair gel, but once again, that's a little restrictive

quote:
4)You had to have the high socks
Once again, too restrictive, I wear high socks, but push them down to my ankles.

Some of those rules are way to restrictive. I do believe God gaves us free will for a reason. Not disrupting the learning process is one thing, but that stuff is going a bit too far.

[ Friday, October 21, 2005 17:07: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #53
Rules like that aren't so much about morality or even creating an atmosphere conducive to learning as they are about projecting a certain public image. I went to a hoity-toity private school which, although officially associated with the Presbyterians, was effectively secular, and it had many of the same rules, only more so. Even piercings were banned -- not even earrings for girls were allowed (although in practice this rule was enforced only selectively).

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #54
Sweet Jaysus, guys. The thing that's really offensive to me is the way people act and the extremes they can adopt when they're offended. Did anyone manage to read the first post without having their discussion juices aroused besides me?

It's an expression. It's not one I agree with in any way, but it's an expression, and I respect that. I respect gays, lesbians, bisexuals, homosexuality in general, it's perfectly peachy with me. But do we have to take this all so seriously?

--------------------
Fo shizzle, my lord.

Two goldfish are in a tank. One says to the other, "Do you know how to drive this thing?"
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #55
Issues of sexual roles and gender roles are finally just beginning to get the attention they deserve in the last couple of generations. The casualties of males and females who have not been able to happily conform to someone's construct of what men and women are supposed to be and do probably counts in the billions. I think nothing is more central to the future of civilization than the examination of, challenging of, dissolution of, and recreation of our ideas for what is "male", "female", "masculine", and "feminine." As it all stands, so much of these concepts are more arbitrarily handed to us from the womb on than most of us would ever even think to consider possible. And these issues will be critically divisive for some time until we get a bit smarter about how versatile and varied being human really is, can be, and should be. So yeah, any topic on human sexuality and gender roles is likely to stir the pot.

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #56
Only the "gay as Christmas" phrase upset me.

quote:
It's an expression. It's not one I agree with in any way, but it's an expression, and I respect that. I respect gays, lesbians, bisexuals, homosexuality in general, it's perfectly peachy with me. But do we have to take this all so seriously?
So you're saying if for some reason the phrase "stupid as a homosexual" caught on as an expression, you'd still respect that it's just an expression?

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #57
no offense but i cant stand gay people ,,my brothers land lord was gay and tried hitting on him all the time

--------------------
Visit the RIFQ Forums
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #58
Was that because you were jealous of the attention received by your brother? Not saying anything by it, but your statement was kind of ambiguous.

*this message sponsored by louisville slugger*
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #59
no offense but i cant stand straight people ,,adolf hitler was straight and tried killing the jews all the time

--

PS- "Gay as christmas" isn't an insult to gays if the person you are talking about is actually gay. Thus where the objection comes into play is that "True Christians" don't want to be conflated with homosexuality, even though:
1. Everyone KNOWS that True Christians hate gays with a seething bigotry that is thinly veiled at best
2. Christmas is a joke of a holiday with so much capitalistic and pagan baggage that celebrating it is something of a farce (assuming, of course, that you're a True Christian who will at least give lip service to not being obsessed with cash-moneys)

Or, let me put it this way- I don't give a rat's ass one way or another if ¢hri$tians are offended. Enough with the persecution complex already. I swear, if the US elected Nero as president in 2008, I would be elated.

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #60
to grote lul: So I translated it for the community, and thereby did what you asked. All hail santa. You know who I find a grote lul? One of the "friends" I once had. He started bullying me after we did a prohect together and we got a 9. That's an A in the US. He said he had done all the work. jealous litlle prat.

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #61
quote:
Originally written by King Evil:

no offense but i cant stand straight people ,,adolf hitler was straight and tried killing the jews all the time

--

PS- "Gay as christmas" isn't an insult to gays if the person you are talking about is actually gay. Thus where the objection comes into play is that "True Christians" don't want to be conflated with homosexuality, even though:
1. Everyone KNOWS that True Christians hate gays with a seething bigotry that is thinly veiled at best
2. Christmas is a joke of a holiday with so much capitalistic and pagan baggage that celebrating it is something of a farce (assuming, of course, that you're a True Christian who will at least give lip service to not being obsessed with cash-moneys)

Or, let me put it this way- I don't give a rat's ass one way or another if ¢hri$tians are offended. Enough with the persecution complex already. I swear, if the US elected Nero as president in 2008, I would be elated.

Nero? I highly doubt anyone would want him.

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #62
Hmmm.

Nero or Hillary Clinton.

I'm leaning toward Nero, but only due to the potential for a real-life Bonfire of the Vanities.

*this message sponsored by fein's fine fiddle world*
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #63
quote:
Originally written by King Evil:

Everyone KNOWS that True Christians hate gays with a seething bigotry that is thinly veiled at best.

Well, this behavior makes sense when you believe your Dad’s gonna pack about 120 billion of His own kids like so many Ever-glo™ briquets into a kiln in order to demon-strate His great affection for them. Makes Hitler and Stalin look a bit warm ‘n’ fuzzy by comparison.

quote:

Christmas is a joke of a holiday with so much capitalistic and pagan baggage...
Ho ho ho. That’s why this year Santa’s upgrading to a turbo-powered sleigh.

quote:

I swear, if the US elected Nero as president in 2008, I would be elated.
You do realize that by persecuting the Christians, Nero furthered the Christian cause and increased its popularity, right? Hold out yer glove...I’m throwing you a 22.

[ Friday, October 21, 2005 23:06: Message edited by: Synergy67 ]

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #64
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

I'm leaning toward Nero, but only due to the potential for a real-life Bonfire of the Vanities.
You do realise that there was already a real-life Bonfire of the Vanities, right? :P

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #65
Burning a mound of art and other crap, with a few enlightened art lovers for seasoning would be nothing compared with a fully stocked capitol building loaded with extra lobbiests and other key government personnel.

*this message sponsored by the Sec. of the Lobby*
Warrior
Member # 6401
Profile #66
http://www.newint.org/issue201/sodom.htm
Apprentice
Member # 6406
Profile Homepage #67
Good Man, I,m glad someone finally understood, I,ve never read such drible in all my life.

--------------------
jackoooo
Apprentice
Member # 6406
Profile Homepage #68
To Thralni, emperor of Riverrod. Man why didnt you kick that guys ass with the contempt he deserved

--------------------
jackoooo
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #69
Grote lul, waarom zou ik? Ik hou mensen graag te vriend, maar als jij ze verrot wil schelden, ga je gang. Sorry people, sort of message to grote lul.

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #70
Quit double posting, grote lul. Use the edit button. That's what it's there for.

quote:
Good Man, I,m glad someone finally understood, I,ve never read such drible in all my life.
Apparently, you're the only one posting dribble. It seems everybody else is putting thought behind their posts.

[ Saturday, October 22, 2005 08:50: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 6406
Profile Homepage #71
TO Thralni, emperor of Riverrod... LUISTEREN JE, IK BEN GEEN NEDERLANDER HOOR, KOM IK UIT IRLAND, EN FIND IK HET NIET ECHT FRIENEDLIJK ALS JE NEDERLANDS PRAATE MET MIJ!!! DUS HOU JE BEK MAN,

--------------------
jackoooo
Apprentice
Member # 6406
Profile Homepage #72
[QUOTE]Originally written by Eldibs:
[QB]Quit double posting, grote lul. Use the edit button. That's what it's there for.

HEY Eldibs, LET ME KNOW WHEN YOUR KNACKERS FINALY DROP OK!!!!!!!

--------------------
jackoooo
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #73
*frowns* Please attempt to be more civilized in future, lul.

That said, I think this topic has really outlived its usefulness.

[ Saturday, October 22, 2005 12:14: Message edited by: Imban ]

Pages