Came back from Holland to find that most of my best friends are bi.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Came back from Holland to find that most of my best friends are bi.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
3. Way to go, guys. Belisarius broke a commandment (ie, taking the lord's name in vain), and you ignore it, deigning instead to claim (once and for all) that christmas isn't a ritual of queers?
In the Christian faith, once Jesus died on the cross, all previous rules setup by Moses and the Jews became null and void. The 10 commandments are a good guideline on how to act, but unneccessary to get to heaven.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #26
EDIT: Never mind.

[ Friday, October 21, 2005 07:00: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #27
I am a bit confused. For some reason I got the impression that Belisarius was a multi account of TM, although that appears to not be the case. I don't know what gave me the impression.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #28
"Old Man Reggae" is TM's new multi account. Belisarius is just a new member, as far as I can tell.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

In the Christian faith, once Jesus died on the cross, all previous rules setup by Moses and the Jews became null and void. The 10 commandments are a good guideline on how to act, but unneccessary to get to heaven.
Matthew 19:16-17

16. Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher what good thing must I do to get eternal life?"
17. "Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."

Matthew 5:17-18 (The words of Jesus)

17. Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
18. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means dissapear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #30
quote:
Originally written by Stugri-La:

"Old Man Reggae" is TM's new multi account. Belisarius is just a new member, as far as I can tell.
Isn't Belisarius awfully similar to BtI?

*this message sponsored by desperance*
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #31
Very good Jewels. It's been so long since I've read the book of Matthew.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #32
quote:
Originally written by spy.there:

:) Hi, grote lul, welcome to Spiderweb!*
I wonder why your friends pushed you away. Because you are not gay as Christmas?
I'm also curious what would be the meaning of "lul".

*gives precedence to Alorael to post the incantation about sanity and and fluffy turtles (it'll be much more perfect).

I don't know if your question was already answered, but "grote lul" means "big penis," although "lul"is a less polite form, which the forum would probably change to stars. the word starts with a "d" and ends with a "k."

As for Christmas I feel I have to say something too: Christmas may be a Christian holiday, but I doubt anybody knows the origin"of your famous "Santaclaus." He is Dutch. In Holland we have a feast called "sint Nicolaas" (saint Claus, or something like that). Now you guys may draw conclusions.

[ Friday, October 21, 2005 09:21: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #33
Wasn't Santa originally skinny as well?

--------------------

BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #34
The "chubby" st. nick was drawn by a German cartoonist by the name of Thomas Nast. He is, incidentally enough, the one who made the dem-Donkey, rep-Eleptant, and a drawing of Boss Tweed that Spanish authorities used to arrest him.

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #35
quote:

Very good Jewels. It's been so long since I've read the book of Matthew.
You should read it more often if you plan on using biblical wisdom in your arguments/comments. I'm sure there are many here who would rather I not be enticed into quoting scripture.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Apprentice
Member # 6406
Profile Homepage #36
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

quote:
Originally written by spy.there:

:) Hi, grote lul, welcome to Spiderweb!*
I wonder why your friends pushed you away. Because you are not gay as Christmas?
I'm also curious what would be the meaning of "lul".

*gives precedence to Alorael to post the incantation about sanity and and fluffy turtles (it'll be much more perfect).

I don't know if your question was already answered, but "grote lul" means "big penis," although "lul"is a less polite form, which the forum would probably change to stars. the word starts with a "d" and ends with a "k."

As for Christmas I feel I have to say something too: Christmas may be a Christian holiday, but I doubt anybody knows the origin"of your famous "Santaclaus." He is Dutch. In Holland we have a feast called "sint Nicolaas" (saint Claus, or something like that). Now you guys may draw conclusions.

--------------------
jackoooo
Apprentice
Member # 6406
Profile Homepage #37
Hey there, yeah they probably pushed me away cos i'm not as Gay as Christmas, by the way thats just an expression we use in Ireland.....

--------------------
jackoooo
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #38
quote:
You should read it more often if you plan on using biblical wisdom in your arguments/comments. I'm sure there are many here who would rather I not be enticed into quoting scripture.
I have read it. In fact, I've read most of the New Testament. It's just been a while since I've read it. Actually what I said was something I heard in church.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #39
TM: Nobody complained about "irrespective," but nobody used it before you either. "Irregardless" is not a proper English word, and just because our president favors it does not mean it should become one.

Jewels: Okay, you just raised my Christianity confusion level again. If Jesus specifically didn't abolish Leviticus, why is so much of Leviticus ignored? Specific passages elsewhere spell out what's not important anymore?

—Alorael, who disapproves of CoC-skirting names, even CoC-skirting non-English.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #40
quote:
Originally written by Estimational Leap:

TM: Nobody complained about "irrespective," but nobody used it before you either. "Irregardless" is not a proper English word, and just because our president favors it does not mean it should become one.
Point.

I apologize for giving Elbits that much credit. He clearly deserves less.

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #41
quote:

quote:
Originally written by Gizmo:

I have read it. In fact, I've read most of the New Testament. It's just been a while since I've read it. Actually what I said was something I heard in church.
Don’t be so easily persuaded by a couple of scriptures thrown at you Eldibs. Ask Gizmo when the last time she sacrificed a goat was?

Context is important. Read verses 20-21 immediately after this in which the rich man says, I’ve done all these things (kept the laws), but I’m still lacking, and Jesus tells him that to enter the kingdom of heaven, he must sell all his things. So, here it would appear is yet another instruction for what is necessary for “going to heaven” as Christians like to imaginatively call it, but in the Greek it’s literally, “ enter into the the reigns of the heavens”. So, if you’re going to follow Jesus’ first instruction to this good Jew here who was told to obey the law of Moses, you need to also hang on His every word and sell all your possessions too, or you too will still be “lacking”—and we should recall that the word sin means “to fall short.” Ask Gizmo if she owns anything.

Jesus talked very ironically, sarcastically, cleverly, rhetorically, and in parables (in symbol) all the time. He is continually misunderstood by his own disciples and everyone else. He’s frequently not saying at all what his simple words translated into English (especially) would imply. He was throwing back at this “good rich Jew” who kept the law, exactly what he had been taught as a Jew—you have to keep the law to “enter heaven.” The man has grown wise enough to realize that keeping this external law has not been fulfilling. He still lacks. He instinctively wants something more fulfilling to his soul than a dead, external law. But he’s in love with riches and unwilling to let them go to “enter heaven.”

If you want to start getting really insightful about what Jesus is getting at here, you could see that He is really saying, “You are a Jew. You have the “riches” of the Law given to Israel and no one else. You have followed and worshipped this law, but it has left you feeling hollow, because I have come to show that man is made to live by spiritual life and law from the inside out, not the outside in. You have to now be willing to give up the riches of your beloved law if you really want to enter into the place where the life of God is ruling you. It’s from the heart outward, not the law inward.” Jesus was always hinting at things this way without being so directly obvious, and frequently, the target just took him literallly and didn’t get it anyway. Not unlike many today. Jesus wasn’t a simpleton. There is some genuine mischief and poking fun in how we went about making his points.

quote:
Originally written by Gizmo:

Matthew 5:17-18 (The words of Jesus)

17. Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
18. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means dissapear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Here’s some more of this symbology the guy loved to talk in. The language of spiritual things is symbolic, and all prophecies are couched in symbols. Heaven and earth are symbols of spiritual and earthly realms of power and rulership. Earth is its government. For heaven and earth to “pass away”, Jesus and others weren’t talking astonomical cataclysms, it was about the former order of earthly and religious rulership passing away. In 70 A.D. for Israel, the Roman general Titus, who had had enough of the obnoxiously obstinate rabble rousers who were the Pharisees, encircled Jerusalem, slaughtered its inhabitants so blood ran like rivers in the streets, and razed the temple (and means of keeping the Law) to the ground. The heavens and earth of the Jews did indeed pass away on that day—especially their “heavens”—their religious rulership.

Truths run deeply in many layers, and Jesus wasn’t a guy to give you the truth you were after on the surface with simple words. He told his own disciples that “it wasn’t given” to the masses to understand his words and spiritual principles. He had to sit down with his disciples again and again and explain what he really meant with his words to those 12 simpletons. Jesus was a mystic, a rebel, a breaker of the rules, a friend of prostitutes, and a very clever orator. If the same guy came around today and started preaching in his style to the churches today, he’d be “crucified” all over again. I guarantee it.

Paul came along afterward and made it amply clear in Hebrews what the law was for and what its role is now. Jesus wasn’t here to teach that kind of thing in the first place, because he came to talk about and demonstrate a new kind of law which is spiritual life working from within and through the heart.

Love ya Gizmo. I just can't let you get away with that so easily though. ;)

[ Friday, October 21, 2005 13:51: Message edited by: Synergy67 ]

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #42
I only got three things to say:

#1) To Alo: nice joke on Bush. It always makes my day

#2)"Gay as Christmas" is an expression that I've heard tons of times before, even on TV shows. However, I do not agree with it and I think it's rather dumb than clever.

#3) Eldbis was right on the first place, yet he didn’t phrase it the right way. Jesus did not say that the "10 commandments would endure forever", but the "law AND THE PROPHETS" would endure forever. Jesus did not abolish the 10 commandments. However, he said that on Matthew 22:40 "On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets." Meaning, that the whole “10 commandments are a good guideline on how to act and should be followed, but unnecessary to get to heaven”.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #43
quote:
Originally written by Marlenny:

Christmas does come from Christianity. It celebrate Jesus' birth, and unifies the professing of Christendom.
It may be about Jesus, but that is just a thin varnish over what was originally multiple Roman, Celtic, and other midwinter holidays.

--------------------
Ignorwhat?
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #44
Wow, It seems Synergy and Marlenny are better at arguing my points than I am.

--------------------

Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #45
quote:

Wow, It seems Synergy and Marlenny are better at arguing my points than I am.
I'm not just a pretty face. you know? ;)
I don't do many arguments, but I'm always here for whomever needs a helping hand. Besides, 11 years in Catholic School has to be put to some use.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #46
quote:
I'm not just a pretty face. you know? ;)
I don't do many arguments, but I'm always here for whomever needs a helping hand. Besides, 11 years in Catholic School has to be put to some use.
Yeah, it's a shame I've probably never been within 300 miles of a Catholic School. Is it true that they're really strict?

BTW, why can't there be a smiley for this: @:^)>

[ Friday, October 21, 2005 15:28: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #47
quote:

Yeah, it's a shame I've probably never been within 300 miles of a Catholic School. Is it true that they're really strict?
Different schools will be different. Believe it or not, the Pope does not personally interfere in the operation of every single Catholic school to make sure they're all run the same way.

quote:
BTW, why can't there be a smiley for this: @:^)>
Why do you need a smiley depicting a pointy-nosed man with a pastry balanced on his head?

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #48
It's not a pastry, it's his hairdo. And a pointy nose is better than no nose.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #49
It looks like a sausage roll.

EDIT: A pointy nose and chin.

[ Friday, October 21, 2005 15:46: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris

Pages