The Abominable Photo Thread 3.6

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Abominable Photo Thread 3.6
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #0
On our recent family vacation, my sister brought a digital camera so I am finally able to get a pic of myself up on the internet. However, I didn't want to drag up all 12 pages of THE ABOMINABLE PHOTO THREAD: THE THIRD COMING!

It is also too soon to start a whole new thread. This thread is for those who didn't have pictures in the above or have new pictures.

Me and my three sisters while we were in port in Seattle, WA. Sorry about how big it is, I did crop and shrink it.

IMAGE(http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a181/Alexsticks/me.jpg)

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #1
I loved photo threads. :cool:
Now, this pict aren't new but I haven't posted them in sw. so here it goes:

Edit: Per Ben's request I've taken out my pictures. However, that's the link of My avatar over at Desp.

[ Tuesday, October 11, 2005 17:33: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by Archmage Alex:

I am finally able to get a pic of myself up on the internet.
Are you the one facing away from the camera? IMAGE(http://www.polarisboard.org/board/html/emoticons/wink.gif)

In all seriousness, though, it's always nice to see what these faceless names I interact with every day look like in the "real" world.

Here's me:

IMAGE(http://www.home.earthlink.net/~icshi/Yeti.jpg)

If you don't believe me, you can look at my user profile here:

http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile;u=00001528

After all, who would lie about such a thing in their [b]user profile[/b] of all places? What depths of duplicity do you think I'm honestly capable of?

--------------------
The A.E. van Vogt Information Site
My Tribute to the Greatest Writer of the Science Fiction Golden Age
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
Hm... I can't believe I never posted on one of these.

Actually, I can. I didn't have a place to host them from. Huzzah for Facebook!

IMAGE(http://i04-7.facebook.com/pics/0/0/n3110035_3241.jpg)
(Me at a St. Louis Cardinals playoff game... it was freakin' awesome. To those of you who have no knowledge of baseball, St. Louis is crazy about our team.)

EDIT: Pardon the poor quality, but Facebook has tiny pictures.

[ Sunday, October 09, 2005 21:50: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #4
So thats what our resident cartoonist lookes like. Anyway, I have one in the old photo thread. I will look for it, and post it here.

EDIT: Me from February this year. School photo's, you know.

[ Sunday, October 09, 2005 23:27: Message edited by: Johnno ]

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
Same old. This is still my favorite photo:

IMAGE(http://www.santharia.com/treasures/santhmoot/pics/448.jpg)

This is me acting my mental age:

IMAGE(http://santharia.com/treasures/santhmoot/pics/437.jpg)

This is me playing the piano:

IMAGE(http://santharia.com/treasures/santhmoot/pics/404.jpg)
IMAGE(http://santharia.com/treasures/santhmoot/pics/1019.jpg)

[ Saturday, January 14, 2006 08:29: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #6
Curiouser and curiouser. Our Spiderweb is infested with a rather lovely lot of denizens, I see. Very nice to put faces to personas. I spy a surprising bounty of pretty brunette lasses here too. I am highly partial to brown-eyed brunettes. [worthless trivia factoid #437c]

If someone wants to tell me how to embed a photo into a post, I'll be happy to inflict my likeness upon the community. I'm on a Mac, using IE.

Ephesos - Nice silhouette.

Alex, how did you like Seattle and what were you doing here? Making a pilgrimmage to the Holy Spiderweb Shrine? P.S. - I need my cartoon fix!

Atrus - Yeah, I just checked out the first two abominable photo threads.

Anyone - I only found two out of three old photo threads. I think I missed #2. Anyone got a link to it or even better, all of them? UPDATE: found it. Relatively few photos in 2/3 of these, lots of jabber and dead picture links.

Where is the rumored VOICE thread?

[ Monday, October 10, 2005 15:35: Message edited by: Synergy67 ]

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Synergy67:

Curiouser and curiouser. Our Spiderweb is infested with a rather lovely lot of denizens, I see. Very nice to put faces to personas. I spy a surprising bounty of pretty brunette lasses here too. I am highly patial to brown-eyed brunettes. [worthless trivia factoid #437c]

In this thread? There is only one girl in this topic who is even a Spiderweb member (the ones on Alex' photo are presumably not), and her hair isn't brown. Or do you mean the earlier topic?

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #8
An other photo thread? Well okay then: this is me while playing the trombone in my orchestra. If i remember it correctly, we were playing Tschaikowky's "Romeo and Julliet". I'm the middle one with the glasses.

IMAGE(http://www.jsrijnstreek.nl/JSR%20Album/Lenteconcert%2019%20mrt%202005/slides/lenteconcert%2005%20017.jpg)

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian (temporary name) grammar and vocabulary guide!
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #9
quote:

If someone wants to tell me how to embed a photo into a post, I'll be happy to inflict my likeness upon the community. I'm on a Mac, using IE.

Once you've hosted a picture on the web, when you make a reply click the 'image' button under the Instand UBB Code bar and paste the url of said hosted picture in the box that pops up.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Warrior
Member # 6347
Profile #10
Or you can simply surround the image URL with the following code:

[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/v383/patanae/work.jpg[/img]As you see, I'm using photobucket. I recommend it as an image host, if you don't have your own web space. It's free and convenient (photobucket.com).

Many (if not most, or maybe even all by now) of the free web space pages won't allow you to link outside their site. This would happen, for example, if you linked us to an Angelfire- or GeoCities-hosted image. All we'd see is a little Angelfire or GeoCities GIF.

So, yeh, anyways... here's that pic again, without the code. :P

IMAGE(http://photobucket.com/albums/v383/patanae/work.jpg)

I hate my pictures. All of them. And I wasn't sure which to post, so I went with the most recent. Forgive the bad quality of the image, but it was taken with my cell cam. Other pics exist. I might be persuaded to show them. For a worthy monetary compensation, of course. ;)

--------------------
"Take time to listen to what is said without words, to obey the law too subtle to be written, to worship the unnameable and to embrace the unformed." -- Lao Tzu
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #11
tSynergy Photo threads... Wut do u look like was first, when I was around, if I remember correctly. That's been purged since, but I actually have that saved. Then there's the second Wut do u look like, and then first Abominable, then Realoaded Abominable, then the Third and now this. You missed the first one, obviously. Not to mention those even before that, but I don't know about them.

I don't suppose the first (badly spelled) has been put up by anyone? I could, if anyone's interested. I'm pretty sure I've got enough space for that. :\

I also managed to find only one working picture of me posted there. Huh. The movie takes up too much space, so I've taken it off, and the link no longer works of course.

Go look at my vacation pictures from july. Still no towel pictures.

[ Monday, October 10, 2005 06:37: Message edited by: She's a lucky weirdo ]

--------------------
"Son--err," her father said, "I mean... Daughter, I give you your first and only sword. Use it for with skill for great villainy." Nanoisms

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #12
quote:

Where is the rumored VOICE thread?
There are two actually, as far as I know. The first one: The Dingoes Ate My Baby! and the second one which started with the election thread, and I living proof of how much things get out of topic in SW. Second One
It's after page 7 or 8 I think.

Edit: didn't Alex said something about this thread being only for people that hadn't posted any pictures before, or for people with new picts?

[ Monday, October 10, 2005 07:26: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Warrior
Member # 6347
Profile #13
Voice threads?! Oh my... I'll have to look at those later, I guess.

I just finished reading (yes, reading, not just "looking at") all the pic threads posted here. Granted, I may have skimmed over a few posts, but much reading was still done overall.

Now I feel numb... and empty... and confused... and, oh my, such history!!

I think I need a bit of a rest. And a bit of lunch might be good as well, especially considering I skipped breakfast...

~wanders off in a daze~

--------------------
"Take time to listen to what is said without words, to obey the law too subtle to be written, to worship the unnameable and to embrace the unformed." -- Lao Tzu
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
I think I need a bit of a rest. And a bit of lunch might be good as well, especially considering I skipped breakfast...
Missing breakfast causes problems for you? I miss breakfast almost every day (because I refuse to eat breakfast out of a cafeteria), and I never have any trouble.

I would post a pic, but I don't have one. Lack of extracurricular activites can have a negative impact on the amount of pictures of yourself available, as can lack of a camera.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #15
MUJI: I'm sure the locals will be flattered that your perusing of their histories here have drained away your lifeforce. By all means, eat some food, have a nice power nap and recharge.

RIIKKA, what the--??? It looks like your name exploded.

PERSONAL AMUSEMENT: Heh heh. I dug deeply enough to find a pic of TM, whom I believe may be gracing us with his presence in another week. He looks nothing like I pictured (no horns or nothin'.)

DULY NOTED: A photo of Drakefyre seems to be curiously elusive. That one of him in grade school doesn't count.

Thanks folks for the info on getting a pic up here. I knew about the "link to your website" method, but thought there might be an HTML way to stick it in directly. I guess that wouldn't make much sense though, considering the 500MB of storage total here.

I believe it's time to finally throw together something of a webpage for myself. I have 10 usused MB with my Verizon account. Trouble is, the Verizon website builder utility is "not available" at present for some mystifying reason, much to my annoyance. Anyone know a good simple free WYSIWYG webpage builder for Mac OS9? I can boot up OSX if necessary. I once long ago had Cyberstudio, but never really learned to use it. I'm not a programmer and I don't know how to write HTML code. I like simple, intuitive, and streamlined.

[ Monday, October 10, 2005 10:48: Message edited by: Synergy67 ]

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
Warrior
Member # 6347
Profile #16
quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

quote:
Missing breakfast causes problems for you? I miss breakfast almost every day (because I refuse to eat breakfast out of a cafeteria), and I never have any trouble.

I practically never eat breakfast either, but I was using it as an excuse... shhhh... ;)

quote:

MUJI: I'm sure the locals will be flattered that your perusing of their histories here have drained away your lifeforce. By all means, eat some food, have a nice power nap and recharge.
Considering the first thing they say to a new member is "leave your sanity at the door", yes, I think they'll indeed take it as a compliment.

And what's more, I do believe that my ordeal stripped me of what little sanity I may have had left... (not that I had any left—I lost it long before coming here—, but still...)

I had some nice food. The nap, unfortunately, will have to wait. I believe I've recharged enough for now.

quote:

RIIKKA, what the--??? It looks like your name exploded.
Indeed! I noticed that as well! :eek:

quote:

PERSONAL AMUSEMENT: Heh heh. I dug deeply enough to find a pic of TM, whom I believe may be gracing us with his presence in another week. He looks nothing like I pictured (no horns or nothin'.)
I did as well! Frankie Vallium, wasn't it? But I didn't know it was TM until later, so I didn't give it due attention. I've already forgotten what he looked like... I'll have to go back.

~could go on about other people and surprises, but won't dig up the past~

quote:

I believe it's time to finally throw together something of a webpage for myself. I have 10 usused MB with my Verizon account. Trouble is, the Verizon website builder utility is "not available" at present for some mystifying reason, much to my annoyance. Anyone know a good simple free WYSIWYG webpage builder for Mac OS9? I can boot up OSX if necessary. I once long ago had Cyberstudio, but never really learned to use it. I'm not a programmer and I don't know how to write HTML code. I like simple, intuitive, and streamlined.
I've personally never used a webpage builder. It only took me about half a day to learn the basics of HTML (and I have no programming knowledge whatsoever). If all you're seeking to do is a basic page, HTML is actually very simple.

If you feel like trying your luck, I strongly suggest you take a peek at the NCSA site. It'll give you all the info you need. And, even if I do say so myself, it's quite a gem of self-sufficiency.

--------------------
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #17
It's not new, but for the people who can't be bothered to check the earlier threads, this is me at my least sinister.

IMAGE(http://www.onewayfm.com/images/crew/Aussie2.jpg)

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #18
*Looks at Ash's pict* *Looks over at my picture*
*Looks back at Ash's pict*
Perfect couple. huh? *Winks secretly at Ash ;)
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #19
quote:

Atrus
Aran. Like Mr. Hands and Minds, who would likely prefer to be called Alorael, I change my moniker semi-regularly.

Oh, and you're on a Mac, using IE? You some kind of masochist? :P

---

Polaris can host pictures. We'd give out the ftp access, but SOMEONE uploaded lemonparty. <_< So if anyone wants to host their pictures in a hurry without bothering to find some free host that possibly won't allow remote linking, you can mail them this way.

--------------------
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #20
Whaaa? O.o What are you guys talking about? Do you mean my moniker? It's Finnish and means artist soul.

And anyway, call me Riibu. This is the internet afterall.

--------------------
"Son--err," her father said, "I mean... Daughter, I give you your first and only sword. Use it for with skill for great villainy." Nanoisms

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #21
Riibu...I don't see where that comes from at all? Is that a name or a word? What's it mean?

Aran...I knew it was you all along. Your wish is my command, and since I've got your attention, what's that in your lawn...clover?

And I'm stuck with IE whilst in OS 9 because, as I recall, I really hate Navigator's bookmark system. In OS X Safari rocks. Do you have another suggestion for a browser in OS 9? And yeah, I loathe IE plenty. Outlook Express is a great Microsoft app for Mac (one of the rare few), and that's only because they sucked up all the Claris Emailer folk when they got shut down.

Ash Lael—I'm somehow not picturing that you'd been having the problem being mistaken as sinister. Would you like me to think of you that way, 'cuz I could try, if necessary.

Muji—I was gonna try Photobucket, but then I finally dug up this in their Privacy Policy:

"You agree, in consideration for the use of the Services provided by Photobucket.com, to allow Photobucket.com to use your personal information to send you marketing and promotional materials. Photobucket.com may also send you marketing and promotional materials that promote third party products. Photobucket.com will not rent or sell your personal information for use by third parties. These materials may include, but are not limited to: newsletters providing you with additional information on how to use the Services, and promotional offers for goods and services from Photobucket.com or third parties." —————Bleah! I don't like spam!

This segment is brought to you by Avoiding My Homework Ploys #5.01b

[ Monday, October 10, 2005 13:32: Message edited by: Synergy67 ]

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #22
Riibu is a name. She's Finnish.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6347
Profile #23
Synergy,

I don't recall ever getting spam from them.

But then again, I'm not even sure what e-mail address I used to register with them.

And what, you're telling me you don't have a spam address yet? Silly man!

Everybody knows that for proper and unfettered use of the internet, one needs at least one (and I do say at least, depending on how paranoid you are!) e-mail address you use for nothing other than such an occasion. :D

I regularly make new adddresses to match whatever I'm doing at the time.

I suggest Yahoo!, I'm quite fond of them. Avoid Hotmail like the plague. Gmail is also decent. I can send you an invite if you don't already have one.

--------------------
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by Marlenny:

*Looks at Ash's pict* *Looks over at my picture*
*Looks back at Ash's pict*
Perfect couple. huh? *Winks secretly at Ash ;)

Look me up if you're ever on my continent. :P

And that has to be the least secret secret wink ever.

I am starting to wonder, though, is there something horribly wrong with the right side of your face? Every picture I've seen of you so far has been a left profile. :P

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.

Pages