The one calculator

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The one calculator
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #25
Because of the easieness of my maths class, I use my teachers TI-84 calculator to simply insult others with. The ones we have only have the letters 'a' 'b' 'c' 'x' 'y' and 'o'.

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #26
The hole thing became instantly very ppopular in my class. During the breaks almost everyone ussually just sat there and played games on the thing! It turned out that you could download them and put them on the calculator. I don't have them, cause i think its a waist of space.

However, when I told my best friend I managed to program I succesful program and showed him how to prgram, everybody started programming! I really like it. "The reward of seeing that it works, makes me strong enough to get through the first program's problems"- as said by me.

EDIT:
Spring, what do you mean with only the letters (look at post above for the letters)? my TI 84 plus has a hole keyboard.

[ Friday, September 02, 2005 23:17: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #27
Making different words by pressing 2nd Func. and then Alpha. The TI-84 has all the letters, mine only has certain ones.

--------------------
Polaris-- New location.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by Spring:

Making different words by pressing 2nd Func. and then Alpha. The TI-84 has all the letters, mine only has certain ones.
That is strange... So what calculator are using, did you say (if you said that already)?

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #29
Mine, or the teachers? Mine is something like a D.A.L advanced, although I'm not too sure. And its the weekend, so I can't exactly check.

--------------------
Polaris-- New location.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #30
*casts revive dead topic*

Its probably a scientific calculator, not a graphing calculator.

[ Monday, September 05, 2005 15:16: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #31
It can type letters on a scientific calculator? I did not know that. I thought that only graphing calculators do that with the 2nd/Alpha key...

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #32
They can type, but they only have a few letters.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #33
Usually hex letters.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #34
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

The hole thing became instantly very ppopular in my class. During the breaks almost everyone ussually just sat there and played games on the thing! It turned out that you could download them and put them on the calculator. I don't have them, cause i think its a waist of space.

However, when I told my best friend I managed to program I succesful program and showed him how to prgram, everybody started programming! I really like it. "The reward of seeing that it works, makes me strong enough to get through the first program's problems"- as said by me.

EDIT:
Spring, what do you mean with only the letters (look at post above for the letters)? my TI 84 plus has a hole keyboard.

I have seen many calculator models, but I would really like to know what a Hole Keyboard is... :confused:

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"Really, Spiderweb is just a big, steaming pool of estrogen." --- Robin
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #35
well, it's sorta like a regular keyboard, but instead of taking up space, it provides more space.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #36
quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

well, it's sorta like a regular keyboard, but instead of taking up space, it provides more space.
Deeply philosophical. :nods:

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #37
Its not really a keyboard, just that you have all the letters on it. it works like a keyboard after pressing 2nd-Alpha.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 6234
Profile #38
I'm using the TI-84+ as well, but i'm not very into making those programs. I prefer to make lots of wicked graphs with wicked shapes and sizes :D

sorry, i got carried away...

If anyone is intressed in some wicked graphs, just post something and i'll show you how to make a couple nice graphs

--------------------
There are 400 words in the dictionary that begin with "self" and only 8 that begin with "fellow".

When in doubt. . . mumble.

When you are at school, you wish you where old enough to work.
When you are old enough to work, you wish you were at school.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #39
I'm feeling inspired. Im going to make a Rock, Paper, Scissors program that uses some logic to make a selection. Does anyone want me to upload it when I'm done?

[ Tuesday, September 06, 2005 05:27: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------

By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #40
I had a TI-82 back in the day (1994). It was pretty sassy. We wasted most of our time with it playing a "ski" program. Somehow, I still managed to get a good grade in pre-calc.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #41
I just use a bog-standard scientific calculater. It amazingly helped me through all my exams, so I was chuffed. And since I remember formulae quite well, (well, good enough for GCSE and AS level), I didn't need some amazing-do-it-all-firework-producing-pocket-computer to do it for me.

Still, these things sound handy.

--------------------
Everybody knows, but nobody understands.

Thus endeth this post.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #42
quote:

I'm feeling inspired. Im going to make a Rock, Paper, Scissors program that uses some logic to make a selection. Does anyone want me to upload it when I'm done?
Yes, why not?

You inspied me. I myself made a sort of small program called "fighting." Its not more than choosing a weapon, and a sort ofseeing if you win or not (hit or miss). But it works ( :) ) and that is the fun thing.

I would sure like to see it! Upload it whne you're done.

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #43
quote:
I didn't need some amazing-do-it-all-firework-producing-pocket-computer to do it for me.
I wish it would shoot fireworks, that would be so cool. But anyways, I'm about a quarter of the way done with the program, I'll work on it more later, since I'm in class now.

BTW, how long did your fighting program take you to make? Mine took 2 days.

[ Tuesday, September 06, 2005 07:59: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #44
quote:

[QUOTE]BTW, how long did your fighting program take you to make? Mine took 2 days.
also two days. only, if you only count the time i actually spent writing it, about half an hour. its very, very small.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #45
Heh, calculator games. I used to just play Pac-Man or some Space Invaders clone game called Phoenix while I had to sit through boring math and english class lectures.

I bet a lot of people who get bored in classes probably do the same thing with their graphing calculators as well. I'm not the only one that does it, am I?

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #46
I've almost got Rock, Paper, Scissors done. I just need to figure out a good math formula for the almost random selection for the computer opponent.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #47
quote:

I've almost got Rock, Paper, Scissors done. I just need to figure out a good math formula for the almost random selection for the computer opponent.
You could spend decades writing a complex artificial intelligence that learns based on previous behavior patterns of its users, predicting what the player will select.

Or you could just make it a 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 chance. Up to you.

If you feel like being nasty, you can make the computer always select the option that lets it win the game. Ie, selecting rock results in the computer selecting paper, etc.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #48
It's not going to be complex, it's just going to be random based on the 5 previous selections by the user. I don't want it to be completely random, because then it will be impossible to predict the AI's selection.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #49
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

If you feel like being nasty, you can make the computer always select the option that lets it win the game. Ie, selecting rock results in the computer selecting paper, etc.
...And then sit back and watch how long somebody plays it. I'd wager that you could find somebody who doesn't twig on for about half-an-hour. And even then it would probably be boredom because they didn't win.

--------------------
Everybody knows, but nobody understands.

Thus endeth this post.

Pages