"I built time machines"

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: "I built time machines"
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #0
Hee hee hee :D

[ Tuesday, August 02, 2005 06:26: Message edited by: Frozen Feet ]

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #1
There needs to be an investigation on this. Maybe for crack in his house if nothing else.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #2
I think it's safe to say that the guy has some issues. And coming from me, that's serious stuff...

It just goes to show you that people can be stupid. I mean, how much money has the guy got from "time machine" selling? Hmm... that gives me an idea...

Someone grab a toaster, a deckchair and a clock, and meet me round the back of the bikesheds in 20 minutes.

Edit: Googling didn't throw anythig up but this...

"John Doe is the name given in official documents when the name of a person is not known (In this case, for a death certificate)."

Have we been had?

[ Tuesday, August 02, 2005 06:35: Message edited by: SupaNik ]

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #3
No thanks, I don't really like meeting wierd people round the back of a building.

And I suspect you're up to something.

EDIT: *Looks below* "Yup."

[ Tuesday, August 02, 2005 06:36: Message edited by: stranger ]

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #4
That customer was obviously fooling around with that guy. He was probably reselling those parts at higher prices somewhere in the net and would not want the other guy copying his idea.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by stranger:

No thanks, I don't really like meeting wierd people round the back of a building.

And I suspect you're up to something.

It's a good job I don't take offence at that. Oh wait... :)

And of course I was up to something! Money-making/scamming lots of innocent folk. Oh well, your loss.

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #6
It's possible that he is in eed building timemachines..But why sell them? He was obviously careful about running into his "alter-self", but if he keep selling them online than more and more people will wreak havoc in the time-space continium, which will sooner or later create some kind of major paradox.

You really expect someone who builds time-machines for a living to be more careful.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #7
Well, it is a pure fact that customers are dumb. And if you need more proof for that, take a look to the other stories that site has to offer.

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #8
I have a time machine. It works great. It travels through time at a pretty steady rate, and keeps me posted on its progress with a handy digital display.

[ Tuesday, August 02, 2005 08:25: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #9
Maybe he builds a machine that looks into the future and the past. Small electronic components don't seem right to move a whole person. But a digital camera that could look into the past or future would be pretty cool. :P

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

I have a time machine. It works great. It travels through time at a pretty steady rate, and keeps me posted on its progress with a handy digital display.
Great! Can I travel with you? I'd like to go several million years back, to see some dinosaurs.

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #11
Marvin, I'll sell you one for fifty dollars. However, I can only guarantee it'll go forward in time. But it will come with a handy wristband.

--------------------
I HAVE LOCATED MY CAPS LOCK KEY AND FEEL YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by SupaNik:

I think it's safe to say that the guy has some issues. And coming from me, that's serious stuff...

It just goes to show you that people can be stupid. I mean, how much money has the guy got from "time machine" selling? Hmm... that gives me an idea...

Someone grab a toaster, a deckchair and a clock, and meet me round the back of the bikesheds in 20 minutes.

Edit: Googling didn't throw anythig up but this...

"John Doe is the name given in official documents when the name of a person is not known (In this case, for a death certificate)."

Have we been had?

If you had googled time machines without John Doe, I'm sure you would have run into Mister Titor. :P

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shock Trooper
Member # 55
Profile Homepage #13
I think the John Doe in this context is just the relater of the anecdote using a generic placeholder for the guy's real name. His real name might be Edward H. Ffalenger III, but the poster might have been trying to protect his privacy. Perhaps out out of fear somebody would come backwards in time to beat him up.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Marvin, the paranoid android:

quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

Great! Can I travel with you? I'd like to go several million years back, to see some dinosaurs.

Unfortunately SoT's time machine goes only forward in time and its rate is a steady 1 second per second.

I personally prefer time machines with analog displays. Digital just doesn't have the same feel.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #15
Didn't we have a similar topic about a mind-machine?
But the John Doe-story is hilarious.
:P And John Titor of course is matchless.

--------------------
^ö^ I was a cannibal for twenty-five years. For the rest I have been a vegetarian. George Bernard Shaw
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #16
Then there is this type of time machine

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #17
Everyone who clicked on the link can probably say that's the most brilliant thing the humans ever encountered. Its even better than that handy thing you hang close to the toilet, on which a sort of paper thing hangs! Maybe I'll buy it! Yes! I will! And I will go the future and restore world peace!! YES! that's what I'm going to do!!!!......

*female voice* Mister Marven. sir? Its time for your pils.

*my voice* Ah ms Bloomermeat! Can I have pil with banana taste?

*female voice* I'm sorry, but your cat threw them out of the window.

*my voice* damn! That stupid cat! I'll shoot him when I'm in the future.

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!