Do you trust people?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Do you trust people?
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #25
"Trust none, love all"

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #26
How can you truly love someone if you can't trust them?
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #27
Good question. I guess you love them from a good ten feet away from them.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #28
Just because you love someone doesn't mean you should feel comfortable giving them all of your bank passwords, I thought this was pretty straight-forward.

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #29
No one's asking if you trust someone enough to tell them your bank account, just enough to ask them to hold something while you go to the Bank and not run off with it.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by **lianeoT**:

Good question. I guess you love them from a good ten feet away from them.
quote:
Originally written by Saunders, 10 February 2004:

quote:
Originally written by premonition:

quote:
Originally written by Full Frontal Nudity Custer:

It is worthy of note that the majority of Spidweb's female population is bisexual, married, or in it principally for the RPs.

The latter holds true for me.
So we like you from a safe distance? There is something wrong with this?

[ Friday, July 29, 2005 05:49: Message edited by: Arancaytar has left the building. ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #31
Lots of quotes.

I don't think there is anything wrong with liking someone from a "safe distance".

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #32
Did anyone mention TM? :P

*sprints away*

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #33
Trust no-one in this world. I have learnt this from many hard experiences. Trust nobody at school with any secret of yours - the secret will be out within a week. Trust nobody to do a job - they will forget. Do it yourself.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #34
I trust complete strangers not to beat me to death and steal my wallet in the middle of the street. Conversely, I wouldn't trust my best friends to keep secrets or refrain from telling convenient lies.

For much the same reasons, when I go outside on a cloudy day, I prepare for rain but not for asteroid impacts.

[ Friday, July 29, 2005 19:13: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #35
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

I trust complete strangers not to beat me to death and steal my wallet in the middle of the street... For much the same reasons, when I go outside on a cloudy day, I prepare for rain but not for asteroid impacts.
You have more faith in humanity than I do, Thuryl, which is why I go out prepared for intense personal combat at all times. You also have more faith in weather forecasts. Just because they say no meteors today doesn't mean there won't be any. They say sunny and clear all the time and, oops, it may be sunny but all the interposing snow makes it hard to see.

—Alorael, who trusts his friends to keep secrets only if he already has the blackmail material lined up and knows that they know it.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #36
It's not just that asteroid impacts are less common than rain, you know. It's also that you have to expend an awful lot more effort to adequately protect yourself against them.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #37
[quote=Thuryl]
I trust complete strangers not to beat me to death and steal my wallet in the middle of the street
[/quote]Every time someone my age walks past the bus stop I prepare to get into a fight, although being 6'2 usually stops most people from trying.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #38
When situations like that happen Kingy, you carry a knife, like me!

Mheheheheheheheheheehhehehe

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5966
Profile Homepage #39
I don't trust anyone. Not even myself.

-- Diarog Lethuta

--------------------
Ever since I met you so very long ago,
There's been something I've badly needed to know,
Do you love me and want to end my pain?
Or do I pursue your love in vain?

"And your not a doctor, but you play one in real life" -Jerry Seinfield

"My power extends far beyond space and time, do not dare oppose me, for my wrath is something to be greatly feared" -Diarog Lethuta: The Tome of Diarog Lethuta, Egypt, 5000 B.C.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #40
Wow. How can you not trust yourself?

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #41
That was either a reference to some psychological condition, a lack of confidence in one's willpower, or a joke with some hint of sarcasm.

I do not think that most people can fully trust their own willpower, and that is why I tend to stay miles away from temptation rather than walk past it while saying no.

Anyway, I do not trust strangers, I trust my family, and I trust my friends enough to let them help me in tight situations. But I try not to depend on them for anything I can do myself.

--------------------
What do I put here?
-Garrison
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #42
I trust that I can do the right thing, but I still avoid temptations like the plauge.

--------------------
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #43
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

It's not just that asteroid impacts are less common than rain, you know. It's also that you have to expend an awful lot more effort to adequately protect yourself against them.
You can't trust asteroids. The dinosaurs trusted asteroids. Asteroids are just waiting for you to trust them. As soon as you do, WHAM.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
BANNED
Member # 6074
Profile #44
Just pray to god it(they) dosent(dont)...

[ Tuesday, August 02, 2005 15:32: Message edited by: Demon-Kid ]

--------------------
---------------------------------
Live long and prosper.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #45
quote:
Originally written by Demon-Kid:

Just pray to god it(they) dosent(dont)...
What if you're agnostic? :P

---

I don't trust myself. Have never. That way I make sure I don't get screwed over by myself.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #46
quote:
Originally written by -T-O-E-N-A-I-L-:

When situations like that happen Kingy, you carry a knife
Where I come from, no-one carrys guns or knives. It's widely regarded that if you can't sort it out without weapons then perhaps you shouldn't have started it in the first place. Also gangs of people here are generally only when one person is far to weak and needs all of his friends to back him up so he can be a smartass and then know no-one is going to hurt him. Although some people still try and most of the time succed because the majority of them (the gang members) are cowards.

[ Tuesday, August 02, 2005 23:24: Message edited by: Kingy ]
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #47
Yeah, gangs here don't stalk tha streets. They only gather when they're up to something.

[ Wednesday, August 03, 2005 04:09: Message edited by: stranger ]

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #48
Im curious, who where the two or three people that said they trusted people they don't know? :D

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #49
trusted my FORMER friend. Big mistake. One day, without any reason, he just started bullying me. Eventually we talked it over and everything went sort of fine after that, but friends we never really were again.

Ah well. What do i care. He was a stupid bastard. :D

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!

Pages