Showering

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Showering
Warrior
Member # 3457
Profile #0
I'm bored at the moment and I'm just about to go to bed so I was wondering what is the longest anyones gone without a shower. I'll check the results at school tomorrow.

And please people I don't want any smartasses coming in here and going "who cares" or something similar.

[ Wednesday, July 13, 2005 04:09: Message edited by: Bobba ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 42 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=CFRIRkVlyjqZ"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=CFRIRkVlyjqZ"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
Who I am makes no difference but it is what I say and do that counts (mabey???)
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Uh, how long ago are we supposed to think back? I mean, I used to go for a week at a time without a bath or shower when I was 8, but it's been a while since I was 8.

[ Wednesday, July 13, 2005 04:27: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Apprentice
Member # 6087
Profile #2
Last summer (I was 17 kthx) I went two weeks without a shower (OUTWARD BOUND RULES!)

--------------------
I want...to kill...myself
I want...to hang...myself
I want...her to see...me die
And to know...that she...has killed me.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #3
Once every two months, whether I need it or not. :P

Seriously, it was a week for me, due to a camping expedition into the boundary waters in Minnesota. Normally, I average a little over one shower a day, sometimes taking two on account of afternoon workouts, and sometime skipping on Saturday or Sunday if I'm not planning on being presentable.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #4
A year or so ago a group of friends and I went camping for two weeks, and since there aren't any showers in the mountains…

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
I've never been in a situation where I couldn't get a shower for over a week. This year, I don't think five days have passed without me showering, and I usually try to do so every other day. By the third day without show, I feel uncomfortable, and by the fourth, I can't bear my own stench (besides my skin starts to itch).

But yes, there were times when I went for weeks without showering, long ago...

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #6
Three weeks, and this is recent. I'm recovering from foot surgery, and the first cast I had on couldn't afford to get wet at all, and I didn't feel like risking it. Now that I'm on the 6th week and in a new cast, I can use a rubber sealing sock on my leg to shower with. Since I wasn't too active over the last three weeks, I didn't smell too bad...I think. Anti-perspirant works well.

--------------------
Wu wei... it's the only way
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #7
*Sniffs her armpit, goes for shower.*
+_+

--------------------
^ö^ vegetarians are sexy.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar. You Owe it to the Door.:

By the third day without show...
?

Recently, I suppose the longest I've gone was five days - I was on an island in the middle of a lake on a week long camping trip. I did take a bath (with environment-friendly soap) in the lake during those days, though, and on the fifth day we had to go to shore to get water and such and I took a shower then. I'm somewhat obsessive when it comes to showering, to be honest. I probably average over one per day as well.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #9
I wonder if an obsession with bathing is still considered an American trait, or if it's spread a bit further around the world? I think the most showers I've ever taken in a day was four, though at the time, I was trying to treat some pretty vicious poison ivy.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #10

If you want to get technical...

I haven't had a shower for... almost two years.

Some day we'll have that plumber come in and install one. Till then I'll have to suffer through my steaming-hot bubble baths.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #11
I generally take a single shower a day, although I have been known to skip a day on the weekends from time to time. I can't remember the last time I skipped more than a day, as I simply can't stand the sensation of being filthy. I'm not quite as obsessive about showering as I am about hand washing, though; I wash my hands 25 times a day or so, on average. I hardly ever get sick, though, so perhaps it's a healthy addiction.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #12
The most showers I've had in a day would be four: wake up, shower, play sports, shower, important luncheon, more sports, shower, important dinner, more sports, shower.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #13
Camping trip that lasted 4 weeks thru northern ontario.

I've noticed a lot of camping activities in this crowd, imagine getting aware from a computer that long! Ahhh sweet mercy that would be ecstacy.

*this message sponsored by columbia and cabela, two worthwhile catalogs*
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #14
I love long camping trips! The problem these days is finding the time off - with two weeks of vacation a year, it just can't happen. :(
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #15
Yeah, same here, school is more or less year-round, and many I know wouldn't want to go camping anyways. I'd really like to go again, so I'll find a way sooner or later.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #16
I just got a catalog from a company called O.A.R.S. (www.oars.com) which as some nice trips. Expensive, but nice. Less than 1 week up to a trip to the Yangtze lasting 19 days. Mostly rafting stuff, which I highly recommend, but other stuff as well. If you like the remote, but worry about gear, this might be the trip. I'm already thinking this is good honeymoon material.

*this message sponsored by a fanatical avoidance of work*
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #17
It's going to be Hawaii for me. Just twenty-two days until I leave! :D
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar. You Owe it to the Door.:

By the third day without show...
Wow. This is the first shower in history to take attendance.

Me? Roughly once a day during school days.

Practically never during the summer.

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #19
I´ve never been camping.Wow, feels like I´m the only one in this page that hasn´t gone camping. To answer the question, I take around 2 showers a day (one in the morning, and one before going to bed), so the longest I´ve been without showering has been an entire day, and it was because there were pipes problems in the house, and I refuse to put clean clothes on and go to my aunt´s house and bath there. I can´t honestly go out without taking a shower, I feel dirty and it makes me think people are watching me.

[ Wednesday, July 13, 2005 12:03: Message edited by: Ms Marlenny ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 1249
Profile Homepage #20
I think about two weeks without shower has been the maximum for me, but that wasn't recently. Recently I was on a ten days' trip to Norway on a bus with about 35 other people. There was no shower where we were accommodated. One day some of us, not all, went with the bus to a place where we could wash.

When we went back to Finland (and Sweden), the bus smelled very bad.
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #21
I feel awkwardly unfresh if I do not take a shower every morning; you see, I sweat a lot in the sleep and when I say a lot I mean as when you visit a finsh sauna (The smell I have in the morning is in other words simply gobsmacking repulsive. Yuck!).

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #22
If I shower more than once a day, my skin starts turning white and red and I spontaneously bleed out of the backs of my fingers and occasionally from my face. If I shower less than once a day, I feel like a dirty old man in more ways than one. If I wait long enough, I can become a literal "viejo verde" and I'm not sure all of the mold is non-toxic. This places me squarely in the once per day like clockwork category.

—Alorael, who has gone a few days without bathing on some trips. It tends not to be fun, and his skin starts turning colors and bleeding. He really didn't get lucky in the skin department.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #23
You either shower in too hot water or got very fragile and dry skin. The bleeding effects sounds like naré, an ailment caused by dry skin and friction. Try using skin lotions and oils to prevent this, even if you do not got dry skin nor naré it will still give you soft and damp skin which of course is nice to have if you for instance want to caress a woman. (Getting influenced by the naughty topic about Thuryl. <.<)

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #24
Once a day.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Pages