Favorite Redwall Book

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Favorite Redwall Book
Warrior
Member # 6076
Profile #0
My Favorite is Taggerung has any1 read high Rhulain i just saw it today.

--------------------
Naruto Fanatic (as well as gf) I was once Taggerung for those who don't know.
Real Ninjas are stealthy: CHOMP CHOMP!
Intelligent: Yoodleaheayea *Belch*
Inflatable: BOING!
Think they are hot: I'm too y for my shirt...
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #1
Please use "anyone" and the such.

My favorite Redwall book is, well, I like them all. Couldn't tell ya. But you're saying there's a new one out now?

--------------------
-ben4808
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #2
I didn't know there was a new one. But my favourite would be The Long Patrol. Those hares crack me up.
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #3
I agree, The Long Patrol is up there, but I think Salamandastron is the coolest. I guess I have a thing for the Badger Lords. Triss has been sitting on my shelf for a couple of years now, and it looks really good. I should read it. I enjoy books with a good array of heroines, and Brian Jacques has been good on that.

That might be why I liked The Pearls of Lutra so much. The heroine, and the whale speak; that was crazy stuff. :P

EDIT: Well, I really liked Martin the Warrior, too. Can't beat a story about Redwall's greatest champion. I haven't read these in years. Maybe I should give them another go. I miss reading about meadowcream and Deepern'ever pie and cordials. Oh yeah, the moles. I love the moles! :D

[ Thursday, July 07, 2005 23:23: Message edited by: Slp006 ]

--------------------
Wu wei... it's the only way
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #4
I liked Rakkety Tam, Loamhedge, Martin the Warrior and The Taggerung the best they were awesome.
Warrior
Member # 6076
Profile #5
to me it seemed like martin the warrior was kinda weak cause the tapestry i thought was saying that he defeated all the vermin withhout a scratch :confused: :confused: :confused: :mad:
also Rackety Tam was from the north like martin he was also one of the greatest champs well..... seems like we should mark them all as greatest champs taggerung rakkety tam and martin the warrior

[ Friday, July 08, 2005 04:34: Message edited by: Taggerung ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6076
Profile #6
how do you guys read the books inorder or mismatched? i read them mismatched cause its only a matter of time till yoiu see a familiar name.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #7
I try to read them in chronological order, that is to say, not in the order that they were published, but in the order of Redwall's development. There's a chronology on www.redwall.org that I followed for quite some time until Lord Brocktree came out. At that point I read whatever I felt like and just checked the chronology to make sure I knew who was born and did what where.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6076
Profile #8
i see shouldve waited until alot came out right?

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #9
Well, Many of the better ones were already out by the time I had started, if I recall correctly. I wasn't about to wait until Lord Brocktree was published to read this awesome series, however. I'm pretty flexible when it comes to my Redwall books. :)

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #10
The webmaster of the redwall.org website, David Lindsay, recommends reading the books in the order they were published, not in their chronological order. Oftentimes reading the books in chronological order can ruin secrets from books one hasn't read, which never really happens when one reads them in the order in which they were published. I endorse Lindsay's suggestion, although the order in which one reads the books is not all that important.

I used to be really big on the Redwall books. My favorite is almost certainly Mossflower. Other great ones include Martin The Warrior, Salamandastron, and the Bellmaker. Some of the newer ones are good as well, but since the plots begin to get quite repetitive after a while, a reader would be better off starting with the earlier, more authentic tales.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #11
Surprisingly or not, I haven't read any of them.

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #12
Ah, Mossflower. That might actually be my second favourite as it is the one that got me into the series. Also it really doesn't matter what order you read them in.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #13
I haven't read one in a long time, but I believe my favorite was Salamandastron.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #14
Rakkety Tam Mossflower and Salamandastron are my favorites but I haven't read any in a few months I use to read one every weak....
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #15
Rakkety Tam? I've never heard of that one.

--------------------
-ben4808
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #16
The Bellmaker, Rakkety Tam, The Long Patrol and Triss are my favourites, though I haven't read most of them for ages. (I only found Rakkety Tam in the Library last week, and i already really like that book. I just like those Squirrels and Hares put together. THey're just naurally funny together.

And that bird's "Captain Wotwot" was just hilarious.

Have you tried his "Flying Ditchman" books? They're not redwall, but the same author, and every bit as good, just in a different way.

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #17
I've read Castaways of the Flying Dutchman, the first of the two, and it was solid. It was full of the usual excitement and wonder of the Redwall books, although as it concerned human instead of anthropomorphic animal communities it seemed considerably less original.

[ Saturday, July 09, 2005 20:35: Message edited by: Stugri-La ]

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #18
Lord Brocktree was my first book. I loved it and proceeded to start the others in the series, starting from first published, but imo I haven't read enough of them to pick a favorite of the group. Plus the events of one book sort of blend into the events of the next so much so that I can't really sort out what was in which. Based soley on event, the revelation of the Badger Lord treasure was my favorite so far. I think that was in Salamandastron but I can't be sure.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #19
I only read them on the bus to and from school, getting them from the school library, but I enjoy them immensely, and I still have a few more to go. There's a couple I'll have to get elsewhere, though.

--------------------
-ben4808
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #20
I'm extremely pleased that a community of Redwallers exists among Spidwebbers. Odd minds think alike, I'm sure. After I finally get the Tolkien out of my system, Triss is getting read. Squirrels are extremely interesting.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #21
It's amazing how the guy can turn a book about fighting squirrels etc into a realistic and believable thing.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #22
quote:
seems like we should mark them all as greatest champs taggerung rakkety tam and martin the warrior
What's his name with the scar across his face is also a great warrior.
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #23
My favourites would have to be Taggerung, Mariel of Redwall, Long Patrol and Martin the Warrior.

--------------------
Milla-Displacer Beastie

This is also a good site
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #24
quote:
Originally written by Jewels of the Forest:

Based soley on event, the revelation of the Badger Lord treasure was my favorite so far. I think that was in Salamandastron but I can't be sure.
It was. Quite an exciting moment, for sure.

quote:
Originally written by Ghaldrings_doom:
What's his name with the scar across his face is also a great warrior.
Are you thinking of the sea otter Finbarr Galedeep from The Bellmaker? He was covered with scars, and certainly a great warrior.

--------------------
Stughalf

Pages