I will be semi-gone

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: I will be semi-gone
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #0
Tomorrow I'm going off to Oregon for a couple of weeks, so I will be weirdly absent during that time. However, I may find some time to boot up the Internet and post every once in a while, but it probably won't be as often as lately. I'm for sure going to be gone tomorrow, so, wish me luck, and then, once I'm gone, you can feel free to express your relief. :P

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #1
Remember that Oregon is a liberal state, we voted Kerry, so beware....

*this message sponsored by jibberish and nonsense*
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #2
Don't worry; we're staying away from the liberal part for all but a few days, and even then, I'll probably be out on the ocean most of the time.

It's not as liberal as, well, Washington DC. :eek:

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #3
Goodbye. Hopefully I will catch up on the post count while you are gone, and also beat Micael. :D

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by ben III:

Don't worry; we're staying away from the liberal part for all but a few days, and even then, I'll probably be out on the ocean most of the time.

It's not as liberal as, well, Washington DC. :eek:

Yeah, if Bush can live in DC, surely you can visit Oregon without being corrupted by the heathens or something... :)

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Spring:

Goodbye. Hopefully I will catch up on the post count while you are gone, and also beat Micael. :D
There are 770 posts separating you and Ben :P

[ Wednesday, June 29, 2005 19:25: Message edited by: Dolphin. ]

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #6
Have fun, Ben. Are you going surfing?

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Dolphin.:

quote:

There are 770 posts separating you and Ben :P

*makes it 769*

No, that won't do.

A couple of weeks will possibly get me up to 1000. I am also hoping for a miracle — getting to 1000 posts before Harry Potter is released (15 days away). So that makes it...8 posts a day. Manageable.

--------------------

Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #8
quote:

No, that won't do.

A couple of weeks will possibly get me up to 1000. I am also hoping for a miracle — getting to 1000 posts before Harry Potter is released (15 days away). So that makes it...8 posts a day. Manageable.

Please do not start spamming for the sake of doing it. >< It is just so pointless.

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Eagle, the author soul:

quote:

No, that won't do.

Please do not start spamming for the sake of doing it. >< It is just so pointless.

I was able to hold up 12 posts a day for almost a week once. It's tricky, but possible if you don't have much to do, and of course if there are lots of other posters and topics to reply to. You can only be as active as the board, if you don't want to spam.

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #10
Its not so hard. I think my record (in a day) is about 25, and for about 15 days I think I averaged 19.5...but they were very active days.

--------------------

Polaris
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #11
I averaged 17-18 non-spam posts a day consistently in my first few months on these boards. Then, of course, came the predictable, immense slowdown.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #12
I think mine was 20-something yesterday, but is often much less.

--------------------
Nena
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #13
My rule of thumb is that if you're counting, you should probably slow down and only post if you have something new and relevant to say.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
BANNED
Member # 6055
Profile #14
THIS IS STUPAID ALL TOPICS SHOULD BE A BOUT ME THE AMAZING DILDONI!!!!!!!!!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #15
At one point I posted once each day for every child in China who starved because a privileged child refuses to consume the entirety of his or her meal.

—Alorael, who tells no lie! This is absolutely, 100% factually correct!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #16
:eek: ... for every child?
And how did you manage to keep your post count so low? :P

--------------------
^ö^ vegetarians are sexy.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #17
I guess that one post a day was commemorative of
quote:
every child in China who starved because a privileged child refuses to consume the entirety of his or her meal
and we shouldn't assume that each child received their very own personalized tin pan with the post number engraved on the back.

*this message funded by oscar the grouch, who never went hungry on my street*

[ Thursday, June 30, 2005 15:35: Message edited by: Jumpin' Salmon ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by spy.there:

:eek: ... for every child?
And how did you manage to keep your post count so low? :P

He refers to children who starved because someone wasn't willing to finish up their spinach. You know, like "Eat up; the children are starving in Africa." I've always thought that was a bit dumb. If the child isn't hungry, wouldn't it be better to send the food to Africa where there are people who need it? Rather than stuff the poor kid's tummy?

Ah well...

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #19
If you eat it, it's not going to starving anybody. If you don't eat it, you never know where it might end up. Not in your waistline, that's for sure.

—Alorael, who apologizes for bizarre tense in his previous post. Not to the point of fixing it, mind you, but he is sorry.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #20
Yeah, if the child throws it away it will go to the city dump. Then some poor hungry seagulls and rats will have a nice meal.

[ Thursday, June 30, 2005 17:10: Message edited by: Dolphin. ]

--------------------
Nena
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #21
The gulls certainly seem to be doing okay.

Actually, I'm kind of dropping off the map as well. The new computers at work (much looked forward to) actually make it much more difficult to take time to post, so it appears my participation will likely be very limited until I start full time at law school (ha ha ha!) in the spring. Currently I'm admitted as an evening student, which means I'll be working close to full time while attending school, but I'm able to switch my status (and I will) after the first semester.

Anyho, I still have every intention of making it to 1000 by the end of the year, hopefully in my regular gay-defendin', fundy-hammerin' fashion. Word is bond.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #22
I admire your gay-defending ways.

QUICK - Gimme one good reason gays should be allowed in the military!

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #23
The phrasing of your question is biased.

Give me one good reason why anyone should be allowed in the military, and then show why that reason doesn't apply to gays.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #24
quote:
Originally written by ben III:

Tomorrow I'm going off to Oregon for a couple of weeks, so I will be weirdly absent during that time. However, I may find some time to boot up the Internet and post every once in a while, but it probably won't be as often as lately. I'm for sure going to be gone tomorrow, so, wish me luck, and then, once I'm gone, you can feel free to express your relief. :P
Actually I`m semi gone as well. For the last two weeks I´ve been in dominican republic, my native country, where I`m going to spend the entire summer vacation. Therefore, I haven´t been able to post as much. Has anyone noticed???

ps. Have Fun Ben

Pages