The Ultimate "Favourite Game" Poll

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Ultimate "Favourite Game" Poll
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #50
quote:
Originally written by JadeWolf:

Why not make a tradition of reviving this topic every time a new 'Favorite Game' poll is made?
Or just keep it on the first page.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #51
I feel we are up to that challenge.

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #52
Let's face it: the only games anyone buys from Spiderweb Software involve the Exile/Avernum trilogy (and maybe a couple of people bought Geneforge).

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #53
More than a couple of people bought Geneforge, and I'd like to think that there is some interest in Nethergate, too. If there isn't, there should be!

—Alorael, who in fact believes that the poll itself has some interesting evidence. Geneforge is actually very popular, and Nethergate is no slouch.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #54
I think we can amend that to: people only buy Spidweb games.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #55
quote:
Originally written by Plegar:

More than a couple of people bought Geneforge, and I'd like to think that there is some interest in Nethergate, too. If there isn't, there should be!
I recently bought Nethergate (well, in April), showing that there is still demand for it.

My favourite game has to be Exile 3. Not because it's the best, but because it was the first Spiderweb game I ever played. Recently, I've switched to playing A3 instead, but Exile will always have a place in my heart.

As for most played, probably BoA - thanks to my ineptitude at scripting, I have to go through my scenario constantly! Apart from that I play the Avernum's / Nethergate the most.

The best value for money game, for me, isn't BoE. Despite buying, and loving it, shortly before the release of BoA (as some will remember due to my moaning about missing the discount because of my father), I rarely come back to it now. I have still only played about half of the scenarios available. For me, Avernum/Exile 3 has offered the most replay value.

[ Thursday, August 18, 2005 04:30: Message edited by: SupaNik ]

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #56
quote:
Originally written by SupaNik:

I recently bought Nethergate (well, in April), showing that there is still demand for it.
There definitely is, because I have been replaying the demo over and over again in the past couple of weeks and REALLY love it, but can't buy it at the moment because of lack of pocket money. :D

[ Thursday, August 18, 2005 10:08: Message edited by: JadeWolf ]

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?

Pages