Where do we all live?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Where do we all live?
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #0
Well,

I thought I might as well beat Marlenny to this one:

Where do we all live?

I put as many major countries as I could remember, and threw some other random ones in. There are also some vaguer options. They aren't in any sort of order, so look through the entire post before voting.

Thanks!

- Archmagi Micael

[ Thursday, June 02, 2005 00:36: Message edited by: Archmagi Micael ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 50 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=WYFRmwVZJTyc"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=WYFRmwVZJTyc"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Exile?" - Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Proof of Richard Black's existance:
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #1
New Zealand. I guess the best I can vote is: "Somewhere else entirely" :(

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
Shock Trooper
Member # 1546
Profile Homepage #2
Just so long as you dont vote Australia as being the next closest thing, sheep-shagger *grin*

--------------------
A Sucaran Child is standing here.
You say, "hello"
The small child looks at Preserver Aldous wide-eyed and awed.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
Honestly, you have France and the UK, but not Germany? :rolleyes:

[ Thursday, June 02, 2005 04:04: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
Eh, just vote for Denmark or something. Close enough.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #5
I protest. I'm not a dane. They call us 'Krauts'.

--------------------
Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #6
I'd be fine with Austria or Switzerland at least, but no. Humph.

Seriously, why did you need to include the US? People there could just put Canada, close enough, yes? :P

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #7
This poll sucks. Canada should be the first choice.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #8
No US all the way especially Ohio

--------------------
Why are you reading this ?
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #9
WTF rotted your brains? There's no Finland either, dammit! I would consider that an insult, but I doubt it'd be worth my time.
Still...

--------------------
"Son--err," her father said, "I mean... Daughter, I give you your first and only sword. Use it for with skill for great villainy." Nanoisms

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #10
It was a mistake to make this a poll thread in the first place. Much more sensible to just have members state their locations, with as much or as little detail as they wish. I'm from Oak Park, Illinois, in the U.S, about a mile away from the Chicago border. During the school year, I live in Urbana, IL, near the University of Illinois.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #11
I am Marcus Garvey.

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #12
Lol so you tried to beat me to it. Huh? Nicely done. However, I would have put it by alphabetical order and put all countries so that no one would complain. Anyways, I'm from New York, US (that's right, the first country on the list). A couple of hours away from Massachusetts and Rhode Island, and right next to New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

Edit: I really need to work on my spelling.

[ Thursday, June 02, 2005 13:47: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Marlenny:

Road Island
:P

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #14
These kinds of topics are getting dull. Nothing but facts and facts. I'm this sex, this age, live here.. It doesn't really tell that much about you, unless you were one of those that included opinions about whatever the topic was.

How about someone make a topic about .. I'd rather not use the word 'hobby', but I can't come up with a better word for it, so.. a topic about people's hobbies. What are their passions? What do they love to do most? Computers, gaming, programming, reading, writing, drawing and you know, all that most likely. I'd love to talk about my interests on stories.

I'd make the topic myself, but I'm saving my first general topic for other things. It's going to be very special.

--------------------
"Son--err," her father said, "I mean... Daughter, I give you your first and only sword. Use it for with skill for great villainy." Nanoisms

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

Honestly, you have France and the UK, but not Germany? :rolleyes:
Only cause I live in the UK, and France is just across the water. I knida forgot about Germany, maybe cause their ESC song did my ears in :D

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #16
Personally I think this is a great poll. And it did tell me a lot about AM. For instance, :P Alaska is listed as a country, but (as mentioned) not New Zealand. I've seen several tag lines refer to New Zealand citizenship, so that was a surprise.
To summarize, you did beat her to it, but was it worth it?

:D
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #17
This poll is great

[ Thursday, June 02, 2005 11:11: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Smoked Salmon:

To summarize, you did beat her to it, but was it worth it?

:D

I'm not sure...

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally written by Thurylandon:

quote:
Originally written by Marlenny:

Road Island

Unlike recent "cocks" telling time and students taking "testes", this one doesn't have any naughty connotation though. Disappointing. :P

Micael: What "ESC" song?

Also, there might be an excuse for leaving out Germany, but Germany and Finland... you just left out, I don't know, around 6-8 of the most active members here.

I'll make a new poll one of these days.

quote:
Where do you live?

- Aachen
- Elsewhere in Germany
- France
- Finland
- Amsterdam
- Elsewhere in Europe
- Uzbekistan
- Kalkutta
- Elsewhere in Asia
- Somewhere near R'lyeh (Pacific)
- North or South America
:P

--------------------
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #20
"ESC", I assume, refers to the Eurovision Song Contest.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #21
I live in Minnesota. It's actually pretty nice there once you get used to the cold in winter and the mosquitos in summer. However, it is kind of annoying that there hasn't been any snow in the winters recently. Take a look at the Google images of Minnesota (which were apparently taken last winter) and imagine it like that about 7 months straight, with freezing temperatures.
Edit:Just wanted to say that when I mean google images, I'm talking about that satellite thing.

[ Thursday, June 02, 2005 14:57: Message edited by: EviL_TiM ]

--------------------
Important Information about Stuff
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #22
Yay Minnesota! I'm going to Carleton next fall. I can't wait, but I'm slightly apprehensive about the cold.

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #23
Eh, in Montana it doesn't get as cold as Minnesota. Just as picturesque too, I might add, especially in the mountains. :P Oh, never mind, no offense.

What I'd like to see is not a poll whether or not we live in the US, but the distribution of posters among the states (ie. if not every state, then Great Lakes, New England, north Pacific, Alaska/Hawaii, etc.). But I guess that would be bias toward all the non-US members.

We've regularly been in the 90s the last few summers here, which is hotter than anyone should ever have to live through. 65 or 70 is about right.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #24
In the fall, it's really not that cold. sometimes I can get away with not wearing a jacket, but like I said, I've gotten used to the cold. The good part of Minnesota is that it only gets into the 90s about twice a year, but when it does, you're completely unprepared and it feels about twice as hot as it really is.

--------------------
Important Information about Stuff

Pages