Coffe or Tea?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Coffe or Tea?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #25
Ah, interesting beverage contents. No, it's not really relevant, but...

quote:
The Illiad, Book 11:
In this cup the woman skilled as a goddess mixed them a strong drink with Pramnian wine, over it shredded goat cheese with a bronze grater and scattered barley into it, glistening pure white, then invited them to drink when she had mulled it all.

And now you know that cheese in drinks is an ancient and honorable tradition.

—Alorael, who will add that most men probably can't stomach such drinks, weak as men are now, but in the good old days folks could chug at least three bowls of cheese-barley-wine and still be sober enough to critique its bouquet.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #26
quote:
Originally written by EviL_TiM:

quote:
Originally written by Oceanus Delphinus:

[QUOTE] Amazing as it may sound some people function without any stimulants to wake them up.
I do that: it's not fun. I'd probably drink tea, but surprisingly (or not so surprsingly;I don't think very well when Ive just waken up) i've never thought of doing that before. I don't like coffee, and the only caffinated soda I have acess to is Dr. Pepper, and if the choice is Dr. Pepper or tiredness, I'd much rather be tired.

You are a sad strange little man.

--------------------
Why are you reading this ?
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #27
I ferment (raw) milk into alcohol. It's not very strong, but if you're not a regular drinker it works. After it turns to cheese and the curds separate form the whey. At ten days old it gives a warmish joy, at two weeks it gives a nice little buzz.

Note I don't drink, I just know how to make milk moonshine :P

Edit: Sorry, that was a bit off topic. Alo's cheese-barley-wine made me think of that.

[ Monday, May 16, 2005 19:12: Message edited by: Oceanus Delphinus ]

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #28
quote:

I ferment (raw) milk into alcohol. It's not very strong, but if you're not a regular drinker it works. After it turns to cheese and the curds separate form the whey. At ten days old it gives a warmish joy, at two weeks it gives a nice little buzz.

Note I don't drink, I just know how to make milk moonshine :P

Edit: Sorry, that was a bit off topic. Alo's cheese-barley-wine made me think of that.

Are you serious? How can you tolerate the odor?
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #29
Unpasteurized - it mostly smells like beer, and has a bit of a cheesy smell.

--------------------
Nena
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #30
I'll take your word for it, and continue sipping bourbon instead. :D

As for the cola in the morning topic, I don't see how doing so is any worse than drinking an orange-mocha frappuccino monstrousity or eating a Krispy-Kreme donut in the morning. The bottom line is that the sugar is bad, no matter what form it takes. How many coffee drinkers here take theirs black, I wonder?

I avoid coffee generally because coffee on an empty stomach = not good. For whatever reason, tea just doesn't do it for me either.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
I love coffee, I love tea...
Actually no. Neither. When I really need to wake myself up, I'll go with Cocacola. The sugar, of course, is no less unhealthy, but I'm not yet at the age or the weight where I would need to avoid that.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Warrior
Member # 5091
Profile #32
I start my day with black tar heroin. Part of this balanced breakfast.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #33
quote:
Originally written by Hawk King:

quote:

quote:

[QUOTE] Amazing as it may sound some people function without any stimulants to wake them up.
I do that: it's not fun. I'd probably drink tea, but surprisingly (or not so surprsingly;I don't think very well when Ive just waken up) i've never thought of doing that before. I don't like coffee, and the only caffinated soda I have acess to is Dr. Pepper, and if the choice is Dr. Pepper or tiredness, I'd much rather be tired.

Did you really write this, Hawk King? With no offense meant, this is a new level of coherence I see in your post. :)

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #34
quote:
Originally written by 400 ERROR:
BAD MONIKER:
quote:

quote:

quote:

Did you really write this, Hawk King? With no offense meant, this is a new level of coherence I see in your post. :)

Yes I did write that. Do you mean you are starting to understand me ? :confused: I'd better stop trying or soon Ill be almost normal :P

[ Tuesday, May 17, 2005 02:28: Message edited by: Hawk King ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #35
I drink gallons of coffee, Being an insomniac, I need to, otherwise I'd be tired constantly. I used to think my insomnia was due to the coffee, but after going without it for several days, I still couldn't sleep, and was grumpy.

If I don't have access to a keetle, a kilx machine or a cafe, I drinl Dr. Pepper. Caffine is your friend!

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #36
At breakfast, I drink a tupperware container filled with my own sperm.

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #37
That raises two questions...

Firstly, how big is this container?

And secondly... Why?

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #38
:D TM has rendered me speechless. He's done this so many times...

[ Tuesday, May 17, 2005 04:07: Message edited by: An Upright stranger ]

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #39
quote:
Originally written by Experience Unlimited:

I start my day with black tar heroin. Part of this balanced breakfast.
Seriously?! :eek: You take heroin for breakfast?! Or is that a name of some coffee? :eek: :confused: :(

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #40
quote:
Originally written by Kirk Johnson:

At breakfast, I drink a tupperware container filled with my own sperm.
*stares at screen stupidly a few minutes* *shakes head sadly* TM you are as I have said before and WILL say again

YOU ARE A PERV GO TO HELL !

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5802
Profile #41
i drink pepsi,water,uhhh other stuff, sometimes i drink tea with 7 tablespoons of pure sugar :D ...

--------------------
polaris c'mon you know you want to
Avernum4 Averforge
Warrior
Member # 5802
Profile #42
[quote=kirk johnson
At breakfast, I drink a tupperware container filled with my own sperm..[/quote]..uhh...thats just wacked yo...

EDIT] so many typos...ohhhh my head hurts!!

[ Tuesday, May 17, 2005 05:59: Message edited by: Ice Drake ]

--------------------
polaris c'mon you know you want to
Avernum4 Averforge
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #43
Look on the bright side. Somebody finally found a use for excess Tupperware.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #44
quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

Look on the bright side. Somebody finally found a use for excess Tupperware.
a realy messed up one yes but i wouldnt EVER eat at his house if he is putting food in Tupperware and his own sperm ! *shuders*

EDIT: cool 300!

[ Tuesday, May 17, 2005 06:39: Message edited by: Hawk King ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #45
*gives TM a virtual hug*

So much acting out...

What's the matter? Your usually snappy dapper has been replaced by dowdy crudeness.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

tracihedlund@charter.net[/url]
TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #46
quote:

a realy messed up one yes but i wouldnt EVER eat at his house if he is putting food in Tupperware and his own sperm ! *shuders*
I couldn't write most of the things that made me think of, so I'll leave it at this…

It would almost be like starting the day with a warm cup of milk, and you could take a Tupperware for the road.

--------------------
Nena
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #47
quote:

quote:

I couldn't write most of the things that made me think of, so I'll leave it at this…

It would almost be like starting the day with a warm cup of milk, and you could take a Tupperware for the road.

The mental image this gave me is very disturbing.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #48
quote:
Originally written by SupaNik:

That raises two questions...

Firstly, how big is this container?

And secondly... Why?

Probably because sperma is very healthy AFAIK - containing proteins, vitamins, minerals and glucose.
:) Of course its taste depends on what you ate or drank bevor.

--------------------
^ö^ vegetarians are sexy.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #49
quote:
Originally written by 400 ERROR:
BAD MONIKER:
quote:

quote:

quote:

Although it is an improvement, it's still not quite perfectly understandable. I can't tell if he's insulting the fact that I don't dislike tea, or that I dislike coffee, or that I REALLY dislike Dr. Pepper. Also the coherency probably comes from the fact that he's quoting something, although I can't quite remember what.

--------------------
Important Information about Stuff

Pages