Accident! Eagle, in pain!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Accident! Eagle, in pain!
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #0
Yesterday I was going to shop in the town with a friend (One of the things I was going to shop was a new mic.). In order to get there before the shops closed, we had to bicycle in high velocity. In one curve I drove in 30km/h when I suddenly lost all grip, I had driven on a spot of sand. At that I lost all grip, my bicycle throwed me off, forward. I hit the pebble filled ground with right underarm first and it got all ripped up like someone had been scratchin me multiple times with a sandpaper. Also I received black open bruises on my hands due to pebbles on the ground and I scratched my left elbow and my right knee. The right arm was bleeding so much that I almost lost all my pulse (Blood sugar downfall, I get that when I lose blood.), I became weak, couldn't stand up and I had to lay down on the grass beside the narrow street. My friend got all nervous since I became so pale and weak (It looked for him like I was dying.). I asked him to look on my elbow since I had so much pain in it. He said it was bleeding like crazy. We had to get medical help so I asked him to call his mother who had experience in First Aid since she was in the slovanian civil-war 1992 (Or something, I haven't read much about that war yet.). She came after ten minutes waiting. She took my arm and cleaned it and put a gauze bandage on it. Then she drove home where I had all my other non-bleeding painful injuries cleaned and disinfected. It all ended up fine thanks to my friend's mother's patriotism, I have to give her a flower later. Note, the crash was in really high velocity and therefore looked really scary.

-Eagle,

P.S. The only positive I can find in this is that I have learned how it feels to jump off a train... No, it is that I have shown a decent piece of inner strength since I didn't fight back at all when she clean the wound even though it was really painful.

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #1
Ow.

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #2
o_o What a story!
And what did you learn of it?
It is to hope that driving quicker than your mind doesn't do any good. But it's surely better that you drove too fast with a bicycle and damaged yourself than you had driven too fast with a car. And hurt someone else.

edit: ... and of course a speedy recovery to you :)

[ Sunday, May 15, 2005 03:42: Message edited by: spy.there ]

--------------------
^ö^ I was a cannibal for twenty-five years. For the rest I have been a vegetarian. George Bernard Shaw
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #3
What I learned from this? Hmm... Nothing! I'll be back on my bike in a week or two and drive just like I am used too: Speedy

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #4
You went too slow. Go faster :P

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #5
I'll try. ;) Next time I'll be at 40km/h or more.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #6
What, if anything, does your friend's mom's patriotism have to do with her helping you?

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #7
Well, erm, umm. I made a bad choice of word I guess. :confused:

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #8
I hope you feel better,

Since you didn't mention it in the story, if the injury to your arm was so extensive did it require stitches or a cast? You said your friend's mom came to your aid, but you said you had blood loss to the point of a dropping pulse and starting to loose consciousness, and no one took you to the hospital for proper medical attention?

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #9
The pulse drop was caused by a physical or maybe psychical reaction from my body due to the blood loss but it wasn't the blood loss that caused it in its self. The wound can't be stitched since it's not deep but it was very vide and large. The wound wasn't critical but it is a wound of a type that is very painful and takes months, maybe even years to recover fully from. Any other questions?

[ Sunday, May 15, 2005 09:06: Message edited by: Eagle ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #10
:eek: Wow,that must have hurt. At least you didn't lose your ability to type posts. ;)

Let's see here, 30km/h is what, 21mph or so?

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Warrior
Member # 4590
Profile #11
30 kph = 18.6 mph
Here in Seattle I see people going 30 mph (= 48.2 kph) all the time. I've also seen them about this (' ') close to being killed by cars all the time, too. Also, remember when you're riding a bike, that red lights mean stop, and stop signs mean stop, when you ignore them, you get splattered by the bus going through the intersection who couldn't stop in time. And your helmet is not going to protect you from that!

--------------------
I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.
- George Bernard Shaw
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Orginally written by cfgauss:

red lights mean stop
And in sopme countries, red lights mean that you speed up so that you don't get carjacked when you stop.

Were you going down a hill to get that fast, Eagle?

--------------------
Polaris-- New location.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #13
It's pretty hard to carjack a bicycle.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #14
I meant when driving cars, Thuryl. I am aware of the fact that it is impossible to carjack a bike. I'm not that stupid.

--------------------
Polaris-- New location.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #15
You should consider yourself lucky.

A friend of mine had about the exact same thing happen to him a few weeks ago, except that he came off his bike at about 35 kilometers per hour.

He almost lost his arm, had to be rushed to the emergency room, and the were forced to graft skin from his leg onto his arm in order to avoid having to cut it off.

However, he did end up with a really cool scar. Although it did have the slight downside of reaching from his wrist to his elbow.

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #16
Speedy recovery for you.

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #17
I fell off my bike once, and got myself some big wound in my knee. Since then, I don't go over 25km/hour, some sort of reaction when I go too fast makes me brake. but then again, my bike isn't my favorite pastime. I only ride it about one a week, to keep in practice. My wishes for a speed recovery.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Lt. Sullust:

What, if anything, does your friend's mom's patriotism have to do with her helping you?
Because of that, she was familiar with First Aid.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally written by Sprung Spring:

Were you going down a hill to get that fast, Eagle?
No, I just push as hard as I can and I get that fast. Only needs a little muscle and confident to get that fast.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally written by if moniker == dall OR din:
You should consider yourself lucky.

Why would I consider myself lucky when I have the unluck to slip on a spot of sand? Just because someone else had more unluck doesn't mean I was lucky. But I guess you just meant to say, "It could been worse." And, yes it could! :D (I am an optimist!)

-Eagle, the author with less unluck.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 4590
Profile #21
I am not an optimist. I have also never broken any of my precious bones! Nor become seriously injured, except for falling once when I was very little and needing stitches.

I am a physicist, though, and I can tell you there's not a chance in hell you'll see me going that fast on a bike unless I'm wearing a specially made suit of armor to protect me!

--------------------
I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.
- George Bernard Shaw
BANNED
Member # 3477
Profile #22
i read your story on your website. so useless

--------------------
Avernum is as addictive as skribbane!!! Withdrawal symptoms are harsh so I just keep playing.
Free skribbane at Wal-mart
Warrior
Member # 4267
Profile Homepage #23
owwies, I hope you recover swiftly, injuries are never fun, they hurt. ;.;

--------------------
If everyone would just forgive someone else, so much pain would be taken off of all of our shoulders... but as tenderness is a virtue it is also a failing, any who would do such a thing usually fall to those who wouldn't. - Ezrah
Shock Trooper
Member # 4214
Profile #24
quote:
Originally written by Skribbane now? Ask me how.:

i read your story on your website. so useless
I read this post on this website; So useless.

Pages