When nothing happens...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: When nothing happens...
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #0
Seriously, I've not been here for a long time, and still it seems that nothing goes on these boards novadays. Is it just me or do you feel the same way?

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
You just come here at the wrong times. ;)

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"Really, Spiderweb is just a big, steaming pool of estrogen." --- Robin
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #2
It's just you.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4214
Profile #3
What do you expect to happen here, apart from discussions?

[ Monday, April 18, 2005 06:56: Message edited by: Mind ]
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #4
Why don't you make something happen then?
*mutters something about darn consumer attitudes ...*

--------------------
^ö^ I was a cannibal for twenty-five years. For the rest I have been a vegetarian. George Bernard Shaw
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #5
Things happen, you don't seem to get involved in them very often.

For example the other day we…. Oh wait, I'm not supposed to tell.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
Generally speaking, things "happening" on boards are bad and life as usual is good. No, there hasn't been any Tim fun or the like recently to break the monotony of discussion, but there also haven't been any bad flame wars, extraordinarily obnoxious and problematic members reminiscent of Tails or Shotts, or other such unsavory changes in routine.

—Alorael, who invites you to win Spiderweb anytime. That would be eventful.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #7
Starting a flame war, or dragging back up a dead topic are 'exciting,' in a sense. Will that satisfy you?

[ Monday, April 18, 2005 12:41: Message edited by: Sprung Spring ]

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Justice by Travesty:

Generally speaking, things "happening" on boards are bad and life as usual is good. No, there hasn't been any Tim fun or the like recently to break the monotony of discussion, but there also haven't been any bad flame wars, extraordinarily obnoxious and problematic members reminiscent of Tails or Shotts, or other such unsavory changes in routine.

—Alorael, who invites you to win Spiderweb anytime. That would be eventful.

I was unaware that you can "win" a forum... Is it like a huge Mmorpg in here? :confused:

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
BANNED
Member # 3477
Profile #9
i love reviving dead topics. i tried reviving the XIAN SCULL but it got locked pretty fast

--------------------
Avernum is as addictive as skribbane!!! Withdrawal symptoms are harsh so I just keep playing.
Free skribbane at Wal-mart
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #10
The Xian skull was an elusive moment of madness difficult to recapture.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #11
Well, you can always try... incidentally, I'm stuck getting that skull this time. I heard Kel put it in Bahssikava, but I'm buggered if I know where to find it. I've already talked to every single slith in the game wearing only pants, but nothing happened. Does it have to be the Pants of Obnoxious Ridicule, or will any other do just as fine?

[ Monday, April 18, 2005 15:10: Message edited by: Coor'Melor ]

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 3477
Profile #12
what a xian skull??? where???

--------------------
Avernum is as addictive as skribbane!!! Withdrawal symptoms are harsh so I just keep playing.
Free skribbane at Wal-mart
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #13
It seems to speed up here during summer when everybody is out of school. In fact, I posted a topic here soon after school started here that asked just about the same thing. Stuff happens; you just have to wait until is does.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Coor'Melor:

I was unaware that you can "win" a forum... Is it like a huge Mmorpg in here? :confused:
Not knowing the rules of the game doesn't mean there isn't a game going on. I tap my nose knowingly at you!

—Alorael, who will say only that having the Xian Skull is a good first step. But even that is saying too much!
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #15
Nothing's going on here in the same way that nothing's ever going on where you see cops or other law enforcement agents straddling or yoodling their fingers and their teeth aboot.

I guess a rain of frogs might be nice (as long as we're inside a strong building, away from windows (just in case the wind picks up)), or maybe we could all have a furry orgy, that might be more of a thing happening, or maybe even a happening thing.

Or, we can all get together and do a surprise party for any of these celebrities:

(all born on a Gregorian April 19th (miss Caesar, I liked Caesar's division of days better. Cries and whimpers. Whispering like))

Ashely Judd

Tim Curry

Dudley Moore (this might require some necromantic practices, but have no fear, that's easy as pi)

Jayne Mansfield (we can do some kind of race thingy for her, or crash pretending. Or, even better, we can find those responsible for her accident and make sure they understand the evil act they perpetrated when they removed from this world one of the actress with the most ample resume around)

Hugh O' Brian: We can do a paint ball reenactment of the Ok Corral for him. There will be poker and dancing and other activities in the saloon afterwards.

Eliot Ness: He may have died, but Kevin Costner hasn't and since everybody loves the greatest Robin Hood ever, we could also throw a surprise party for him dressed as C.I.A operatives who have finally discovered what his racket really is, and the true meaning of JFK and Thirteen Days.

Or we can just plant a tree.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #16
I would rather the tree.

--------------------
Polaris-- New location.
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #17
Me too.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #18
Okay, okay, it's just me or I'm coming here at wrong times. I suppose this topic is has served purpose, now Alo can use it for target practice.

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #19
Its just you.

--------------------
Polaris-- New location.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #20
But Alo'd only get one little snipe and it's dead. :(

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #21
It's because misc is gone. It actually gave some meaning to this place. And not to mention the strict board rules. I think they should create a forum where you can spam and flame and do sxhxixt(<--had to edit see!!!)like that. I mean, how interesting can this place be with "discussions". BORING!

We should be able to choose a profanity filter too.

[ Wednesday, April 20, 2005 17:02: Message edited by: Canned ]

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #22
Breaking the code of conduct by avoiding filters is a great way to promote change!

Misc. was closed precisely because Spiderweb couldn't handle the space and bandwidth issues of massive amounts of worthless posts. Most people don't want such quantities of garbage anyway. If you do, I invite you to join satellite boards or find another corner of the internet that will welcome your spamming proclivities. Spidweb doesn't.

—Alorael, who finds melancholy reminiscing about Misc. entertaining when the reminiscer joined after the section was axed. If you didn't meet pointless polls face to face, don't talk about the joys of Misc.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Square^2:

Breaking the code of conduct by avoiding filters is a great way to promote change!

Misc. was closed precisely because Spiderweb couldn't handle the space and bandwidth issues of massive amounts of worthless posts. Most people don't want such quantities of garbage anyway. If you do, I invite you to join satellite boards or find another corner of the internet that will welcome your spamming proclivities. Spidweb doesn't.

—Alorael, who finds melancholy reminiscing about Misc. entertaining when the reminiscer joined after the section was axed. If you didn't meet pointless polls face to face, don't talk about the joys of Misc.

Fate willing that Spiderweb still exists, a hundred years from now the 12-year-olds will be going "wasn't this place much nicer back in the days of Misc"?
:)

--------------------
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #24
Bring back the Ikonboard!

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.

Pages