Relative location...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Relative location...
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #0
Simple really...Where are you...roughly...

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 57 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=qljcgBxudiTF"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=qljcgBxudiTF"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
...well I thought it was funney...? didn't you?
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #1
The first...something...9 or so is for america...the rest is as it's written...

--------------------
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #2
Hmm. Where is "Jepan"?

--------------------
"Son--err," her father said, "I mean... Daughter, I give you your first and only sword. Use it for with skill for great villainy." Nanoisms

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #3
...just had to say it didn't you...

:D

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
I'm at a poll right now. A relative location poll, to be specific.

—Alorael, who also just had to say it.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #5
sigh ;)

--------------------
Erudite*
Member # 3042
Profile #6
Canada is a rather large country, so seeing as the US got divided into nine parts, I think Canada should have had a few divisions, too. Anyway, I live in British Columbia (West coast of Canada).

--------------------
Chance Forums

I was once member #2475, but then my account was deleted because of a bug.
Post count = 406 + whatever it says below.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #7
Northwest, Montana to be exact. Argh, I should add that to my From: thingy at the bottom. Don't know why I didn't do it before. :rolleyes:

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #8
The way the poll questions are divided makes me wonder about the size proportion you have in mind when you picture the US and the rest of the world in relation.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #9
It's not their fault. I remember a thread where maps were posted. Berlin was somewhere in the middle of Poland, and the eastern and western part of the country had changed places. Made me wonder.

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #10
Northern tip of South America, about an hour from the Caribbean sea, with just a cool mountain and some annoying roads in the middle, in a nice Valley 1000 meters from the sea called Caracas (not Crackass, and no, it isn't a card from Magic: The Gathering though that city looks much nicer than this.) Sixth floor. Apartment 62. The relative position of this room is facing North, but my computer is on a desk facing East, the screen faces West. It's 1:10 am. over here. The sky is mostly cloudy, but thanks the gods it hasn't rained lately (we had some bad floods that were bad, though nowhere near tsunami level.) Oh, and there's a huge indian spear. a huge indian bow and some arrows on the wall in front, which is what we use in case burglars ever come in, which so far they haven't. Good thing, since if they did, I doubt those things would be any good against the wonders of modern weaponry.

Chao.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #11
Right. Well I'll be on my way to that exact location(joke).
= first in the poll results on 4 votes. Great.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #12
I should update me profile location. So everybody can see.

xxo where are you in B.C the North like me or are you a Costal person :cool:

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #13
I would like to visit Canada one day, apart from the claims (not trying to be rude) that it is pretty much the same as America. Also, I noticed that in your signature, it says 'Do It Do It DOO IT', thats exactly what my friend says.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Daryl Mycroft [Arancaytar:
]
The way the poll questions are divided makes me wonder about the size proportion you have in mind when you picture the US and the rest of the world in relation.
Alright, Alright, I see your point. But I was simply makeing reference that america is all that I really know. I've been over-seas for a bit and poassed through Germany, Switzerland, France, and those in between, but it took about the same time as going from Tennessee, where I'm at, up to michigan. It's not a very large place...Where I was at least. I'm sorry for any dis respect but I simply didn't have the ability, time, or inclination to sub divide this poll up further. And I had the faintest thought that the majority would be in America as it is...so, Once again, sorry:D Forgiven?

Also, I saw that there were like...5 people from East America...where you guys at? I'm around there? :D

[ Monday, March 07, 2005 06:22: Message edited by: PencilDragon ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #15
I've been to Canada. Toronto to be exact and there was not much difference when you crossed the border. I'm sure though that it gets more different the further north you go.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

tracihedlund@charter.net[/url]
TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #16
The thing I love is the accents...more then anything they make my day. Personally my favorite voice in the world is that of the people from the U.K. But that's just me. I went up their searching for my old clan name and found like...two towns named after it. One of which was the Glen Fiditch(sp?) hometown...which was nifty...so yeah. The only real difference between a lot of places is the accents...

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #17
I'm from Illinois, near Chicago, and I assume I fall under the "Central" category. I suppose "Central North" would be fairly accurate as well, but the voting deed is done.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #18
On the sunbject of Toronto; yeah its basicaly like the US. Or perhaps you could say its Canada. Since pretty much its the only place people ever visit, or want to for that matter.

--------------------
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
Erudite*
Member # 3042
Profile #19
quote:
Originally written by VCH:

xxo where are you in B.C the North like me or are you a Costal person :cool:
I live on the coast of Vancouver Island, and more specifically in Victoria. You can't quite see the ocean from my house, but access to it is under five minutes away if you travel by car.

[ Monday, March 07, 2005 15:37: Message edited by: xxo ]

--------------------
Chance Forums

I was once member #2475, but then my account was deleted because of a bug.
Post count = 406 + whatever it says below.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #20
I live in Maryland in 'da suburbs with a neighbor who's a lawyer who hates me and my friend Sahson. The crazy guy threatened to sue Sahson for having "a dog that disturbed the peace."

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #21
1) I am here, mortal.
2) Canada is larger than the States, so it should at least be divided into West Coast/Central/South (Ontario, Quebec)/East Coast/Territories. Although... who the hell lives in Nunavut anyway?
3) Once again, I am here, mortal.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Apprentice
Member # 5578
Profile #22
Interesting... Lots of people from Europe (I think prominent enough to deserve sub-things if America was), East Coast, and Austrailia. I think that this is the first step to understanding the MEANING OF LIFE!!!

Anyway, on accents: British accents are cool because they denote class! Ergo, the British own you. Or something. And I'm not from Britain. See bottom of post.

Right.

--------------------
What kind of idiot quotes himself?
My kind of idiot!

"As to newbie questions, they will always exist. They always have existed. They will never stop existing, failing total destruction of the Universe. No, not just the world. If any newbies survived the destruction of the world, they would be asking "wy cant i breeth in teh space??!/1/!?!/!!" Only destruction of the Universe will totally get rid of Newbie Questions.
So deal with it."

It's the Axial Tilt, Stupid! -Douglas Adams
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #23
My roommate this semester is from Britain and attends Reading University. He's going back there after this semester. His accent is of course interesting and very pleasant at times, but I most confess that on certain occasions I can find it quite, quite annoying.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
By XXO:
I live on the coast of Vancouver Island, and more specifically in Victoria. You can't quite see the ocean from my house, but access to it is under five minutes away if you travel by car.

Thatz cool my whole family lives around the Duncan area with a few in Victoria near Sannich (sp?) But Im all alone up here in Williams lake. My cousin teaches in Victoria right now too.

--------------------
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style

Pages