Arafat dead?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Arafat dead?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #25
Yes. I was trying to say that they shared the prize with Arafat. Sorry for not being clearer.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #26
Ok, checked out vg.no (Norwegian newspaper), and Arafat is not in coma, not in danger of his life. So by logical conclusions, we can say that he is not dead, and he is not brain dead, as this would be virtually the same as a coma, feel free to prove me wrong.
The news was brought to us by Arafat’s Chief of Staff.

--------------------
33111-CRUSADER-4849
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #27
A coma is where someone is basically in an extended state of unconsciousness. 'Braindead' is where all brain activity has ceased; the central nervous system can be kept alive through life support, but the brain will never 'wake up'.

One way this is apparently tested is by squirting icy water into the ear; a brain-alive but comatose patient will show a distinct and visible reaction, an unconscious patient will probably wake up in considerable distress, and a brain-dead patient won't do anything at all.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #28
Is that how they do it? I think I'll try my best to avoid being knocked on the head.

Anyway, I will be rather surprised if Yasser Arafat makes any kind of recovery at all, considering the severity of his condition. I still don't know how all those terrorists continue to operate inside the country, though. Is it because he let them?

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #29
Ben, there are terrorists operating inside of this country. There are terrorists here, in France, in Britain, Germany, China, everywhere. They may vary in numbers, but they aren't necessarily there because they're wanted.

(Now you could begin drawing exceptions with Saudi Arabia and Iran- but that's about it. And mouthbreather, if you mention Iraq, you might as well replace it with "bend over, lib- time for more inaccuracies")

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 5091
Profile #30
quote:
Originally written by 4614 and 4808:

I still don't know how all those terrorists continue to operate inside the country, though.
I imagine there's an Israeli ministry of defense, that trains them and purchases weapons from overseas, etc.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #31
Zing!

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #32
What> just to maintain there image of need they resort to that kind of trickery. Probably even planned 9/11.
In a more reasonable frame of mind......
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #33
In a most reasonable frame of mind, 9/11 left many questions unanswered.

--------------------
Polaris
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #34
I wouldn't put them above having caused the recent hurricanes. The disaster relief program won lots of votes in Florida.

(Psst -- m, I think Djur meant the Israeli army.)

[ Friday, November 05, 2004 23:37: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #35
Terrorists operate in that region because Arafat needs them. Every once in a while he rounds up some militiamen, throws them in jail for a couple weeks, and then releases them to show foreigners that he is against terrorism.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #36
Heh, computer game tactics…
I terrorize my citizens to the breaking point, use "spell of happiness", and my poor plebs are happy again, repeat as necessary. As long as enough people are naive/ ignorant enough to believe Arafat really is against terrorism, that’s the easiest solution.

Latest reports:
The docs say he can be healed, and today he opened his eyes and communicated.
From the newspaper Yediot Aharonot, via vg.no.

--------------------
33111-CRUSADER-4849
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #37
Prior to leaving for hospital, Arafat had been confined to his headquarters for over a year. He'd been frail for a long time and his mind was not what it was. We aren't exactly talking Professor Moriarty.

Terrorists are there because the Palestinian youth feels disenfranchised and hopeless and because Hamas does a fair amount of social work in the Palestinian community.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Warrior
Member # 4973
Profile #38
Even if he does recover and is released from the hospital, he's probably not going to live that long. Anybody know exactly how old he is?

--------------------
There are three kinds of people in the world: those who think, those who think they think, and those who would rather die than think.
Posts: 104 | Registered: Thursday, September 16 2004 07:00
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #39
Seventy I think.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #40
He turned seventy-five on August 24th this year.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #41
Long live Arafat! ^_^

--------------------
^ö^ vegetarians are sexy.
Apprentice
Member # 4989
Profile #42
Arafat is dead! Long live Arafat!
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #43
Whether or not Arafat is dead is kind of a moot point. I hope his delusions from being almost comatose are pleasant. He is not in power any longer, and probably can't even serve as a figurehead (not figure) of state. If he was truly dead I am fairly sure it would be announced.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.

Pages