Next Spiderweb Game

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Next Spiderweb Game
Apprentice
Member # 5104
Profile #0
Hey, I really enjoy the games you have done so far. I was thinking maybe the next game you guys make could be a scifi game...mostly because this is a very overlooked area of rpg games...

Or in that vein a superhero one woul drock as well...I think your the only company I can hope to do either of those styles of rpg's justice...

anyways just my 2 cents...
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
The next game will be Geneforge 3. After that will apparently be Avernum 4. And presumably after that will be Blades of Geneforge (hopefully under a slightly better name).

After that, I predict an Avernum 5, but who knows.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #2
You realize that we're not the ones that make the games. If you have an idea, you should E-mail Jeff. Jeff and Mariann only rarely post here and only on important matters under the name Spidweb. I doubt Jeff'll be posting here.

Welcome to the boards, BtW! Wow, we're already over 5100.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by 4614 and 4808:

You realize that we're not the ones that make the games. If you have an idea, you should E-mail Jeff. Jeff and Mariann only rarely post here and only on important matters under the name Spidweb. I doubt Jeff'll be posting here.

Welcome to the boards, BtW! Wow, we're already over 5100.

Don't even bother e-mailing them. Jeff does not listen to these ideas, because, well, coming up with an idea is easy, implementing it is very hard.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #4
And even if it's a really good idea, they Jeff still won't use it due to copyright issues.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #5
Ignore FBM (there will be no copyright issues), but still don't e-mail him with ideas.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #6
Intellectual Copyright. Ever heard of it? Also it may have been used before in other copyrighted works and somehow I don't think he wants to risk a lawsuit.

--------------------
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #7
I doubt that it would be copyright infringement if Jeff acted on an email like "A sci-fi RPG wood b a cool idea. kthxbye"

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

desperance.net - Don't follow this link
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #8
No, but just about anything more detailed than that could count as copyright infringement. Besides, chances are that Jeff will just stick with the standard hack'n'slash, kill the evil empire type of thing.

Let's just hope that he doesn't take the Genforge engine and do another set of remakes based on the original Exile series.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #9
Well, he said he'd make a significantly improved engine for A4. My suspicion is that since he will make a new engine for A4, and since that will sell well, he'll use that same engine for an A5 and A6.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4973
Profile #10
The Avernum and Exile series have sold well, so there will probably be more of the same. We can always hope for something new, but it's doubtful.

--------------------
There are three kinds of people in the world: those who think, those who think they think, and those who would rather die than think.
Posts: 104 | Registered: Thursday, September 16 2004 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4942
Profile #11
A5 and A6??? Wow. I thought Avernum ended with the third one. Or Exile anyway. I have not had the patience to really play Avernum, but I got kinda far in Exile 3...

--------------------
Wham Bam Shizam
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #12
Jeff has lost his wits. A4? Bad idea. Avernum was simply a redone version of Exile, really, and there certainly isn't E4 around. It would be fun to get something really new. Like what Nethergate was.

--------------------
"Son--err," her father said, "I mean... Daughter, I give you your first and only sword. Use it for with skill for great villainy." Nanoisms

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #13
Heh, we already had a discussion on this a while back right here.

I just hope A4-6 don't have the almost exact same storyline as E/A1-3.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
BANNED
Member # 4860
Profile Homepage #14
Why not? It works.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by 4614 and 4808:

Heh, we already had a discussion on this a while back right here.
Wow! I, like, so did not see that! I mean, who would think maybe I've read it as well? Just because I don't post in every thread, doesn't mean I dont read them. Stupid.

--------------------
"Son--err," her father said, "I mean... Daughter, I give you your first and only sword. Use it for with skill for great villainy." Nanoisms

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #16
Maybe he thought that since you posted as if you hadn't read it, then you hadn't. :cool:

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

desperance.net - Don't follow this link
Shock Trooper
Member # 18
Profile Homepage #17
Pfwoar! Watch the sparks fly!

I personally have great faith in Jeff's fantabulous game creating skills. I think if he goes ahead and plows the (also fantabulous) Exile series into the ground even more by making Avernum 4-through-6, I'll still buy 'em.

Anyway, I was always suss on this Avernum business. Talk about milking an old favorite! It's almost like being a covers-band! Sigh.

Bring on A4, I say, perhaps this time around he'll focus a little more on the political arm of things - perhaps you'll be allowed a little more open-endedness in the story lines (as has been the recent trend). And perhaps a more versatile game interface and engine.

Md.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #18
Personally, I think Avernum is getting attacked for being a remake a little more than it really should. I couldn't stand the interface of E1-2 and never registered. However I very much enjoyed A1-2 I feel that the remake was a good idea for those two at least. Once he had 1 and 2 he had to make 3, though it may have possible for him to skip BoA.

If he continues the Avernum/Exile plotline well in A4 (which he probably will) A5, 6, 7, etc. could potentially be as fun as anything else he could make. He did well going from 1 to 2 to 3, he probably will do well going to 4. I personally would greatly enjoy seeing more of Ermarian.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Warrior
Member # 5091
Profile #19
Jeff Vogel is a lousy programmer, a lousy storyteller, and a lousy businessman. Of course he's going to make A4 and BoG; he doesn't have the creativity necessary to do otherwise. I think Kel's right, too -- he's probably going to stretch out the series further. That is, unless he comes out with another series of remakes.
Warrior
Member # 4973
Profile #20
If you guys hate JV so much, why buy his games? If he is as bad as you say he is, surely there must be better games out there to spend your money on.

--------------------
There are three kinds of people in the world: those who think, those who think they think, and those who would rather die than think.
Posts: 104 | Registered: Thursday, September 16 2004 07:00
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #21
A number of those complaining probably haven't bought anything since A2 or before.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #22
... I didn't love the As. I liked them, yes, and spent many hours playing them, but that was mostly because I believe in finishing games. Geneforge, well.. Good, but only as something that must be finished. I was a lot happier when I was finally done.
Nethergate, now, can't help loving that. One of a kind! (of Spidweb games, as such)

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 4942
Profile #23
Well Lighter, from what I have gathered, we like Jeff's games, but his attitude and attention to the community is little, if any. Especially BoE. If that answers your question.

--------------------
Wham Bam Shizam
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #24
^_^ I think you've also gathered that more than half of us here are totally nuts! Also - A4 shuld be good, but what many people want (and I wouldn't mind seeing this myself), is a new patch for teh original EXILE trilogy, and then create an Exile 4, after Avernum 4 (or before it).

:D

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Exile?" - Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Proof of Richard Black's existance:
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).

Pages