movie of A3?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: movie of A3?
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #26
IMAGE(http://www.cs.haifa.ac.il/~shuly/inbal/020131/crying.jpg)

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #27
Helm's Deep would have been better if they'd gone for a more plausible approach and had the horses barreling down the hill rather than galloping. The gradient they were using was just silly and a warhorse flying through the air and landing on top of a crowd of Orcs would be pretty spectacular.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Warrior
Member # 4654
Profile #28
Who the flip is the kid? And why is he crying so much? Poor little bugger. :(

--------------------
life is too short to be taken seriously.hmm.but its also the longest thing a person can ever do!
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #29
Better question: Those are tears, right? I don't want to hear a 'no.'

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #30
Steve Oedereck might pull it off.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Warrior
Member # 4654
Profile #31
Steve who? I'ce never even heard of that charecter.

--------------------
life is too short to be taken seriously.hmm.but its also the longest thing a person can ever do!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #32
Oedereck. :D

Also, the tears look realistic to me, as I don't see how they could place a few drops of water so precise.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
BANNED
Member # 4860
Profile Homepage #33
He didn't mean a few drops of water, if that's what you're thinking..

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #34
Some people think way too much.

--------------------
ahhahaha i rule u droool
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #35
^_________^

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shock Trooper
Member # 3862
Profile #36
I know this is completely off topic and will probably get this closed but I think a movie on Zelda The Ocarina of Time would be awesome...yeah.

--------------------
Legends tell that Avernum,
Is a gateway to the underworld,
from which the dead never return,
Well thats a lie because im here now aren't I.
--------------------------------
"Never get into a fight with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #37
IMAGE(http://very.net/visual/images/cheesecake/031104dopey.jpg)
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #38
Andrew has completed phase one of Project Cool Kid Status: he has ridiculed an idiotic idea with a google image!

IMAGE(http://www.columbia.edu/~sss31/Graphics/Heart.gif)

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame
it can play hideous tricks on the brain
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #39
Why on Earth would anyone want a movie made of a game? Is actually playing that game, becoming envolved, controlling the characters, and living the life not enough? Do you really want to see some other losers act it out?

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #40
quote:
The Demonslayer said:
Why on Earth would anyone want a movie made of a game? Is actually playing that game, becoming envolved, controlling the characters, and living the life not enough? Do you really want to see some other losers act it out?
If only the people who made this had listened to you: "Super Mario Brothers," both "Tomb Raider," "Street Fighter," both "Mortal Kombat," and probably the worst game ever made into a movie by that mutant, hair brained, pseudo-fanboy excuse for a talking/walking shipwrecked space cucumber who should have landed on some uncharted island and be killed by an overdose of radioactive sand and stinging man-eating palm leaves whose name I shall not write (I won't stoop any lower than I already have by mentioning the title I am about to mention): "House of Death." Bah.

[ Saturday, August 21, 2004 21:44: Message edited by: Botched Some Corrigenda ]

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #41
Dungeons&Dragons. As a game I'm sure it's just fine, but the movie was absolutely horrible.

--------------------
"Son--err," her father said, "I mean... Daughter, I give you your first and only sword. Use it for with skill for great villainy." Nanoisms

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
(TGM)
Veteran*
Member # 2286
Profile #42
Oh yesss, I agree wholeheartedly. Our english teacher once forced us to watch it. He claimed it to be a great piece of art.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #43
Okay, they're wrecking some great books with movies and you think they would do a better job with a computer game? For example, look what they're doing to A Series of Unfortunate Events. Jim Carrey for Count Olaf and Hilary Duff for Violet?!!!! If that's not bad casting, I'd like to know what is. If I were you, I'd hope they'd stay away from all Spiderweb Software games and any books that you like.

I apoligize for my ranting, but I'm really mad about the fact that they're ruining the story.

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #44
On the contrary, A Series of Unfortunate Events would make excellent movies. Just different enough to attract huge amounts of people, formulaic, and utterly tedious. I had to read them in school.

Though Hillary Duff should be shot in the throat.

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame
it can play hideous tricks on the brain
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #45
But how will they do the explnation of the words? In my opinion, that's one of the best parts and they can't have a narrator talking over everybody.

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #46
They could make a documentary on Exile. :D

Or maybe they should make movies out of the Hardy Boys books. ;)

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #47
The only person I know who saw Dungeons and Dragons summed it up thus: "I downloaded it off the internet and felt cheated."

This having been said, that suggests that movies based on games might have a future. After all, it takes skill to make a truly abysmal movie and nobody's going to hire somebody talented for a computer game movie.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #48
The only games I can think of that could possibly... possibly... be made in a decent movie would have to be Duke Nukem, Deus Ex, or something like Ghost Recon. Duke for his obvious coolness, Deus Ex for it's obviously awesome story, and Ghost Recon 'cuz it's Clancy and has cool action.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #49
The only video games, in my opinion, that could make even slightly good movies would be the ones that have an extensive history before the happening of the game and a very strait-through plot where the player could make few deviations (e.g. sidequests, multiple endings, and optional areas). Otherwise, the movie could only follow one of these plotlines, almost certainly one that the viewer didn't follow when he/she played the game. Unfortunately, Exile is chalk-full of various plotlines.

That explains why books make much better movies than games; they have set characters, setting, and plot (whith, BtW, happen to be the three main parts of a good story ;) ).

[ Sunday, August 22, 2004 16:48: Message edited by: The Great 4808 ]

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #50
Only Hollow-wood is already filled with Deus Ex-like movies, not to mention Clancy movies. So there is really no obvious point in making more.

--------------------
ahhahaha i rule u droool

Pages