Nudism

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Nudism
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #25
There is an artist who workes with naked masses.
^_^

--------------------
^ö^ vegetarians are sexy.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #26
Protection and warmth are very big issues. You do not wander outside in December when the winds are blowing straight from the Arctic without a stitch on your body. I do not have to describe the effect this would produce, I hope.

Protection is even more important. Things such as brambles and nettles are going to be that much harder to negotiate if you don't wear clothes and if, like me, you open doors by walking straight into them then it would really hurt if you were naked. Even more important is footwear. There are a million and one different things which will make you wince if you step on them barefoot.

Sure, be a nudist if you like. Don't come crying to me when your testicles start retracting, though.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #27
If you think about, a nudist nation is essentially going back in time and technology. If you're like me, you'd rather see technology move forward instead of people moving back to the stone age again.

And no, I don't bathe in swim trunks, but who watches me?

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #28
Alorael. He always watches. Through a telescoped rifle though, not binoculars.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #29
No comment.
I like being clothed. I have warm blood, and this is florida where I live, and it gets HOT. And yes, clothes make you warmer then naked because they block the sun. Or something like that.
[I'm GIFTScare2people and I approve this message.]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #30
In cold weather, since your body is warmer than the outside air, you're constantly heating the air around you. If you're naked, that warm air is constantly being carried away by wind and movement, leaving you exposed to more cold air. Clothes essentially work by trapping a layer of still, warm air between you and the outside environment.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #31
quote:
Originally written by ben*:

If you think about, a nudist nation is essentially going back in time and technology. If you're like me, you'd rather see technology move forward instead of people moving back to the stone age again.

And no, I don't bathe in swim trunks, but who watches me?

Well when you put it that way, nudism is looking more appealing then finding a new way of blowing our selves up.

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #32
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

In cold weather, since your body is warmer than the outside air, you're constantly heating the air around you. If you're naked, that warm air is constantly being carried away by wind and movement, leaving you exposed to more cold air. Clothes essentially work by trapping a layer of still, warm air between you and the outside environment.
I can't believe someone actually had to say that.

Then again, I can't believe we are discussing why people wear clothes, either. We are stupid.

--------------------
ahhahaha i rule u droool
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #33
Nothing against nudism. Clothes have too many practical uses.

I hate the fact that nudism becomes a factor when censoring movies, for example, or even in television.
If a movie shows a pair of breasts, it gets a PG-13. If it shows a part of the male or female anatomy, automatic R. Why?

How is a naked body going to corrupt anyone? Do we not see ourselves when we shower? Though I guess more people than I've ever imagined shower wearing clothes. Explains a lot, I suppose.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #34
Because we have a culture of prudishness.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 2155
Profile #35
Prudishness? Well compared to the rest of the world the West really is overly conservative. I know Europe is a whole lot more lax on this subject. And even bringing up Japan would be redundant in this discussion I think...
Prudishness aside, I still stick by my non-nudist policies. Sure, as a moderate I try to take the middle ground and can honestly say that though I would be really freaked out by a massive explosion of public nudity, I would be able to get over it. However, clothes will never go out of style, or at least not here in Wisconsin. Any hyper-conservative who wants to de-nude a nudist only has to ship them up here for a winter. And I stick by my belief that some people (myself included) should not be seen naked publicly.
Clothes are just too utilitarian all around. Sure, you could get us to replace pockets by carrying around back/fanny(I hate that word) packs, and I suppose women could just get bigger purses or something, but the world is too populous and too cold to support a massive and permanent nudity conversion.

---Your underdressed maniac, Necris Omega

--------------------
Razordisk Frisbee Golf
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #36
I'm a European. You still don't see naked people just wandering down the streets. It's the other side of the Atlantic, not Cloudcuckooland.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #37
Many people west of the Atlantic seem to think that is equivalent. :rolleyes:

I myself have never seen someone naked on the streets, summer or no. Germany isn't the most liberal place in that respect.

[ Wednesday, August 11, 2004 12:57: Message edited by: Taron Gregor Merallion ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Infiltrator
Member # 1220
Profile Homepage #38
Okay first I'm gonna say you can't make a good poll. You can't make one side sound like the oblivious choice. I belive that if people want to be nude do it. But yes clothes are nessicary even nudests wear them in cold weather.
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #39
Almost everything I was going to say has been said already - pockets and storage, protection from elements, protection from minor wounds, Protection from Blindness (Others), personal insignias or other ID, personal taste for wearing clothes...the abolishment of clothing would most likely hurt

On the other hand, there are definitely some situations where not wearing clothes is an advantage...

If you really want to do it all the time, go ahead. Just don't expect me to stare at you all day. =^.^=

Hmm, there are more visual artists here than I thought. Interesting...

[ Friday, August 13, 2004 19:58: Message edited by: Whyte Shadow ]

--------------------
Digital Neko - more nekojin per capita than you can beat senseless! Now featuring all-new subdomain!
Vote Richter! Belmont in 2004!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #40
And remember our culture, as wearing clothes is a thing of our culture, and it does take a lot to change a culture. Americans have been wearing clothes since I don't know when, so why should we stop?

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #41
quote:
Originally written by ben*:

And remember our culture, as using illegal drugs is a thing of our culture, and it does take a lot to change a culture. Americans have been using illegal drugs since I don't know when, so why should we stop?
Tried to find the most nonoffensive example I could think of, but point is, that's a horrible argument.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #42
At least wearing clothes doesn't kill you.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #43
Neither do most drugs, directly. :P

Just because we've always done it isn't an excuse to do it; if it were we'd still be wearing whalebone corsets and bowties. Some people like the feeling of freedom they get from nudism, and some people don't. I'm not one of them, but I understand the frequency they're on.

There's nothing basically wrong about nudism either. I suppose for nudists, as well as for me and (to an extent, although you probably don't realize it) for you, the idea behind, ah, physical chemistry, is more than half intent and less than half content. There's nothing particularly corrupting about people wearing a birthday suit around the younguns, because they're not doing it for the younguns' sake and they do realize such things. On the other hand, if they're who you're after, any corruption you like could be accomplished while wearing a sweatsuit.

Eh. This has become more convoluted than I like. Try to read through it and tell me if you don't get it, in which case I'll simplify it down.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #44
We'd all be a lot colder in the wintertime

--------------------
Scandalous Stories, fishing,and great photos
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #45
Clothing also serves ornamental purposes. Yes, it can be used to flatter appearances, but it can also make statements, be a joke, or help someone identify (or identify as) a group. They're kind of like tattoos, only less permanent than permanent ones, more reusable than temporary ones, and able to incorporate more materials and textures. I can see the appeal of nudism, I guess, but clothes are nice too.

—Alorael, who will not be going around naked anytime soon. He has been known to fall flat on his face at the slightest provocation, and he doesn't need more large puncture wounds in his abdomen, thank you very much.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #46
Alorael, you're back! How was your vacation?

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Infiltrator
Member # 1220
Profile Homepage #47
Ben who are you I've seen you around before. Are you one of thoes people who get here and post alot of thing really qucik half of which are meaningless to raise your post count? Or something else?
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #48
Er, you haven't seen me too far back as I registered here June 25. I used to go by just ben4808 before I hit 150 posts, and since then heve gone by ben*.

Anyone who thinks more than half of my posts are absolutely meaningless, complain now. ;)

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #49
It's not the meaningless half I object to, it's the half that is offensively cretinous. Although having said that, if that half didn't exist, I'd then be able to redirect my energies to objecting to the meaningless stuff.

--------------------

Pages