Welcoming you all to...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Welcoming you all to...
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #25
Hmm... I might join. That would put my quota back up to three... and I actually know a fair bit about most of the game companies (and their games) that your boards cover. ie. I've actually played most of the Blizzard, Westwood (which has now been amalgamated by EA, so you might want to change that), Microsoft, EA (though not that many) and nearly every Sierra, games that were ever released.

I also strangely enough know a fair bit about some of the other stuff.

Frag it. I'll join up. It might be interesting.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #26
Hmm... it not only takes my quota up to three, but within half an hour I'm a mod. Fun.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3297
Profile #27
Your only a mod cause the forum is new and I need mods. Remember that being a mod is a priviledge and i can take it away just as easily as I gave it to yeh.

--------------------
I am the swordsman that lets none escape! I am the blade the slices through stone plates! I am Kagurati!

Come check out my forums! Always improving! Gamer's Tech Zone. By Gamers, for gamers.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #28
A threat!

--------------------
Scandalous Stories, fishing,and great photos
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #29
AHH DA ADMIN OF DA ALT3RNAET FORUM IS SCARNG MEH11!!1! OMG

quote:
It has 18 members. Its growing at a steady pace. In awhile it'll be going pretty good i bet.
I'll give it a month or so. I joined anyway. :P
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #30
Well aware Kag. Calm down.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3297
Profile #31
You misunderstood my tone. I was calm and I intended nothing.

--------------------
I am the swordsman that lets none escape! I am the blade the slices through stone plates! I am Kagurati!

Come check out my forums! Always improving! Gamer's Tech Zone. By Gamers, for gamers.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #32
Sounds like the modship when the CoA started... a bit of a disaster... I suggest that you keep the number of mods down, and give them time to prove themselves first.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Warrior
Member # 3297
Profile #33
I am setting modship... ive set boundaries for them...

They can't do everything....

I'm limiting the number of forums a normal mod can choose to moderate. Not just that but im peying attention to what they do. Its a lot easier to clean up if one person screws up in a small radius than one if one person screws up in a large radius.

Thats why I have several mods and only a few super mods.

Moderating is a privilege and if i don't think someone is worthy than I can take it away from them. I haven't need to warn any of my mods yet, and i hope I never have to.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #34
*sniff*

Do I smell a teenage kid who has been unfairly restrained from living out his daydreams of power and responsibility, and has therefore chosen to found an internet forum, where he can at last be King, and rule over his underlings and his chosen Governors?

:rolleyes:

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #35
No, I think you farted.

--------------------
Austrian Alex - Reality Corp.
Warrior
Member # 3297
Profile #36
Erm... I think yeh farted too....

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #37
I thought so. The smells are rather similar, especially in the case of you two. :P

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Warrior
Member # 3297
Profile #38
Yeh know, all you people are talking about how huge the Spiderweb boards are but if you think about it I bet that when these boards were originally made they weren't that big. It prolly took a long time just to reach a hundred. Which brings me to a quote I heard somewhere....

"A tree doesn't start big. Its starts with a small seed and grows slowly."

Oh yeh, im not a real new member so don't let the date i joined confuse you. I have another name... that name is Kagurati

[ Thursday, August 05, 2004 01:51: Message edited by: Kagurati_Tian ]

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #39
The spiderweb boards are not huge, factor in the number of people with multiple accounts and the number of regular posters, and this board is puny.

--------------------
Scandalous Stories, fishing,and great photos
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #40
Actually if I remember correctly these actual boards started with something like a hundred or so dedicated (more or less) followers.

Then again there was the Ikonboards before that.

But I'm not that old.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #41
We do have an average of significantly over 200 posts a day currently, unless I miscalculated (it's impossible to count it long-term, as the posts get pruned).

Even taking into account multiple accounts, lurkers, etc., these boards are, in fact, huge boards. Not far smaller than any board I've been to, and certainly bigger than anything a private board entrepreneur (read: 15-year-old with ego-complex) could hope to achieve.

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #42
But some boards can get too big.

Example: I visited the GameFAQs top message board, and there were more topics than you could even hope to look at. Then I went back to the main screen and clicked on the forum again. Probably 10 new replies in a few seconds! I did it again, same result. I mean, who could possibly keep up with the happenings on a forum like that?

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #43
Nerds with a T1 connection and a lot of time on their hands. The good thing about a huge board is that your question will get answered a lot more quickly.

--------------------
Austrian Alex - Reality Corp.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #44
Assuming your thread is still on the first page when you check back after five minutes. :P

Seriously, that sounds like a board I'd never want to join. On the positive side, such a board tends back toward a healthy equilibrium I guess... if people are disoriented, they leave again. The board calms back down to a more stable state, and there we are. :)
On the other hand, a board with too *few* members... will tend away from the equilibrium and die again.

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #45
Also on the positive side, if you wanted to and had the time, you could just sit in front of the computer all day and post, post, post, post, post, you get the point. :P

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #46
Yes but even the most geekiest of lifeless nerds among us (read: me :P ) wouldn't do that kind of thing. Would they?

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3980
Profile Homepage #47
There have been a number of METOO boards advertised here without any unique selling arguments specified.
Maybe we could classify the differences as measurement errors.
So the boards are just realisations of one and the same experiment?
How about a lab report specifying mean survival times, standard deviations and such. That would be interesting.

In my view, the eternal repetition of that Sisyphos work is caused by the misunderstanding that the communication medium IS the group rather than living some symbiotic metaexistence within the group.
It used to be global artificial languages a good century ago - designed in form of dictionaries and grammars but no content. Now it is posting boards.

Read up on the history of Esperanto to understand why it thrived!

[ Sunday, August 08, 2004 07:06: Message edited by: Market Research ]
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #48
Hai nie bie Aixo-se -- hai nie bie Aixo-se de touta.

Yiu cirorisaru -- //Por koi bie-hie ke Masitaru Kairaso hat la langue de sie halor?\\

Paka hai hat iniveinatu Aixo an Aixo-se!

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #49
[URL=http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=17238&lastnode_id=18869[/URL]

Here's some extensive info on Esperanto, although I hope it isn't meant to phase out other languages entirely. That would be...boring. =^.^=

Edit: And now the link actually works. Yay!

[ Sunday, August 08, 2004 16:21: Message edited by: Whyte Shadow ]

--------------------
Digital Neko - more nekojin per capita than you can beat senseless! Now featuring all-new subdomain!
Vote Richter! Belmont in 2004!

Pages