Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Karma
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #0
That thing to the left of your name where people can give you a rating from 1 to 5. I recently got two votes, one star. :P

Anyway, what do you think about karma?
This poll has been moved to another forum.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Warrior
Member # 37
Profile #1
Karma?
What Karma?
I don't see any Karma.
:rolleyes:

--------------------
{Tempus} jack thompson? ppl actually admire that freak?
{@Fanateeq72802} Not everyone disagrees with him.
{+iris} Someone should send him a few of the more steamy Japanese dating sim games. His head would explode.
{@Fanateeq72802} And I'd laugh. Hard.
{Tempus} im on it. brb
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #2
General rule: people who talk about Karma usually have 1 or two stars...I'll let you escape that fate from me.

--------------------
Austrian Alex - Reality Corp.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #3
*picks up phone*
Do you still have one star now?
Good!
I am feeling happy right now for reasons unknown. :)

EDIT: I noticed you are an apprentice. I dont know why people vote votes for apperentices. They have not ben around long enough to really evaluate.

[ Thursday, July 22, 2004 17:29: Message edited by: GIFTSare2cudly ]
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #4
Djur's Karma Rule in effect.
Talking about Karma deserves an Evil Priest ranking.

[ Thursday, July 22, 2004 20:05: Message edited by: Andrea ]

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #5
I don't see why ben's got only one star. His grammar is perfect, he doesn't abuse gremlins and the poll was actually good.

Also, I asked about karma when I first came here which resulted in me getting about nine votes and two stars. And I even asked people to rank me, which must be the most provocative action one can take. Yes, those were the days...

--------------------
ahhahaha i rule u droool
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #6
My voting is not regular: I don't immediately rate anyone I see. The only two times when I bother to rate someone is when I read their post and think, either "*******", or "<3".

That's why I've never given anyone anything but 1 or 5. :rolleyes:

And I've had to earn my karma slowly. The first 3-4 votes I got were pretty unanimous on giving me one star.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #7
Bleh karma. Tell you what. Everyone vote me as an Evil Priest so I'm on one star.

I really do not know which people keep on voting on this, but some flaming muppeteer actually voted me good karma. Oh well.

Talking about karma, talking about karma, talking about karma. Blah, blah, blah. Now let's see if any of you actually can give me a bad rating.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #8
I can't. Not anymore.

I assure you I'd do it again if I had the chance. :P

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #9
I'm well aware. I've been rated 23 times and I'll bet that counts for most of the more influential members here.

I would say I can sink lower. But only by insulting newbs. :D

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #10
Karma is very useful. I think, by rating them one star, I've managed to drive at least one person away from these boards.
I always smile when I think about that :P

EDIT: Oh, and giggle in an evil manner.

[ Friday, July 23, 2004 06:13: Message edited by: gurl42:p ]

--------------------
"Son--err," her father said, "I mean... Daughter, I give you your first and only sword. Use it for with skill for great villainy." Nanoisms

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #11
Can't we change our karma vote? (Let's say you voted by mistake and want to change it :D )

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #12
No, you can't change it. Once it's done, it stays done.

--------------------
"Son--err," her father said, "I mean... Daughter, I give you your first and only sword. Use it for with skill for great villainy." Nanoisms

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #13
..unless it's TGM and his accounts that wish to vote. ^_^

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #14
My ratings I've given:

5 stars - 29.6%
4 stars - 3.7%
3 stars - 3.7%
2 stars - 0%
1 star - 62.9%

I am so optimistic :D

--------------------
Austrian Alex - Reality Corp.
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #15
With my last account I gave everyone ratings... This time I'm being sweet and only giving 5-stars when I rate - I've rated seven people.

Thank me. ^_^

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame
it can play hideous tricks on the brain
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by Rosy:

This time I'm being sweet and only giving 5-stars when I rate
Then feel free to rate me! ;) :D

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #17
Done, for no reason other than because you're giving my site some business.

(Btw, I finished two BoA graphics last night... mage and nephil... hoorj)

[ Friday, July 23, 2004 10:53: Message edited by: Rosy ]

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame
it can play hideous tricks on the brain
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
I don't see why ben's got only one star. His grammar is perfect, he doesn't abuse gremlins and the poll was actually good.
*gives Saltweed a 5*

And,
quote:
EDIT: I noticed you are an apprentice. I dont know why people vote votes for apperentices. They have not ben around long enough to really evaluate.

People must think a lot of me, though, because since I started the topic, I have recieved 8 votes! (Of course, I'm still one star, but why does that part matter? :P )

[ Saturday, July 24, 2004 17:55: Message edited by: ben4808 ]

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #19
I generally disregard karma entirely, but it does serve one useful function: bragging rights. I am the most rated person on Spiderweb. That means everyone loves, hates, or is ambivalent about me! I feel so loved/hated/ambivalized!

—Alorael, who finds karma meaningless. If you don't know someone, you shouldn't let someone else tell you what to think. If you do know them, you don't need outside opinions. Besides, most ratings don't correspond to anything meaningful. Getting good or bad karma is just... karma.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #20
I never liked a karma system, I've only seen it here and Ambrosia, but, meh.

--------------------
Scandalous Stories, fishing,and great photos
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #21
I've given about twice as many 5-star ratings as 1-star ratings, and one 3 - RoR, for whatever reason. No 4's or 2's. I tend to vote for the same reason as Aran, although it's usually not just one post that influences my decision. Karma may be meaningless, but it's nice to be loved and have visible proof.

In the form of stars, you perverts.

And when you get a rating of one or two stars, that's usually when you decide that karma doesn't matter.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #22
I've never had ratings enabled. I've given 20 1-star ratings, 1 2-star rating, 1 4-star rating, and 13 5-star ratings, over my entire career. My other accounts have given 0 ratings. It wouldn't be fair.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #23
I think in that respect the karma is actually a good thing: It allows people to relieve their feelings - usually the negative ones - in voting (Hah, take *that*, you *) and thus prevent such feelings from having to leak over into flame posts. I'm pretty sure if we didn't have this way of saying what we think of each other, the boards would soon be cluttered with rants. :P

Edit: Imban, but that's the whole *fun* in multiple accounts...

[ Friday, July 23, 2004 22:41: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #24
Meh. Generally, if I'm yelling at someone for fongchongery, I sometimes just decide to take the time out to rate them an evil priest while I'm at it.

Pages