Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Karma
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #50
When pointing out masses of stupid people, it's sometimes like with the ghost driver on the road... "Darn, what are all those hundreds of idiots doing driving in the wrong direction?"

Also, bothering to point out stupidity is sometimes the ego's mechanism for self-protection. :P

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #51
If I was a damn idiot, I wouldn't call others damn idiots. As I'm not, you, yes, you all, are stupid idiots MWAHAHAHA

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #52
u sux
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #53
Karma saved my life!
When I came to SW-boards, I was in a very desperate mood, everything went wrong and my self-confidence was in the basement. Then - I still was apprentice - somebody gave me four stars! Call me stupid, but that really helped me. Some people who didn't even know my gender thought proper about me, after a few posts. It was a very curative experience.
I don't know what had happened, if it had been only one star. Maybe the same, it was more the point, that somebody took notice of my disgraceful beeing.
*hoping that Djur's voting did reach me already ...
:D Well, I'm not going down easy anymore.

**Rosycat, I gave you 5. Not that you would be a saint, but I wanted to balance the unfair 1-star-rating.

--------------------
^ö^ vegetarians are sexy.
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #54
I think that karma in the board is like in life. It may go up and down, many times without you being able to do a darned thing about it. But, generally, if you are nice enough it will swing your way eventually.
On the other hand you can be the nicest person and no one will notice or will treat you like crud just 'cause you're an easy target.
You may be a total jerk-a-doodle and people will somehow respect you for it.
That's life.
It's a shame you got so many negative votes at first, ben, you seemed like a good guy. Maybe it was the political views. Maybe it was someone who had an inordinate hatred for the number 4808 because it reminded that person of the number of peeled pickles that were thrown at him/her by a marauding army of enhanced mandrils after that person tried to rob the Fort Knox (yeah those critters are one of the many defenses the place has, just goes to show you that James Bond doesn't teach you everything you need to know in life)
I've voted for some people based on the posts I saw of them throughout the boards. Some I couldn't vote for because the option was disabled.
In the end, though, it's all nothing more than a signal, if that at all.
Who you are and how people see you is reflected in what you write and they write about you, if anything.
I guess kind of like life in a way too.
I'll babble no more.
There's the cutest little ruisegnor flying in my window and I'm gonna se if I can teach it to sing the Ninth.
Salud!

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #55
Well, I am going up, so actually I'm pretty happy for my second star.

And, if anybody was offended by the number 4808 (which I'm pretty sure none are), I chose it because when I tried to register at the MSN Gaming Zone, it was one of the only ben#'s left, so I've kind of stuck with it--even off the Zone.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #56
I think I've been under the cruel misfortune to be voted by people that like voting 1 for everyone. I don't know what I've done to go down two stars in a day. I started at five and suddenly dropped to 3 for no reason.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #57
3? Looks more like a two star rating.

--------------------
Austrian Alex - Reality Corp.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #58
That's because I just voted him down. Apparently he was just on the edge.

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #59
HA, i dont usually post on the general board, but i need to be at one of the extremes of Karma. Ill either get a million 5 votes or Andrea will finish me off. Do your work Andrea...

--------------------
"Fair and unbiased"
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #60
quote:
From myself.
Everybody: Slap yourself for posting on this topic! You could have saved yourself a bad rating.
tHT--this was also meant as a warning. If you so concerned about your rating, why were you posting here, as this seems to have become a topic that contains a virus, so to speak. ;)

I'm posting as much as I want here, though because

1. It is my topic, though an "idiot" one, according to Andrea.
2. Andrea can only give me one Evil Preist rating in the current account.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #61
Or so you think.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #62
And it goes down to a 2

--------------------
Austrian Alex - Reality Corp.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #63
I just have one thing to say...
I can't be voted so ha.
Andrea, you are voting down everybody JUST for posting in a topic you don't like? I might have read your post wrong...
quote:
No, it didn't. I voted down each and every person in this topic, including you as well as others who mostly agree with me politically.

Nope, I read right.
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #64
Silly, it's a matter of the topic's content. People are always talking about karma, and it's really not that important. It actually is a fitting punishment to vote them all down. Karma really doesn't matter and it really doesn't make sense. Back when I was at my most obnoxious in my old account, I never went below four stars. Go figure, I guess.

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame
it can play hideous tricks on the brain
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #65
Please do not read my above post. I was...

Lets just say i wasnt feeling well.

--------------------
"Fair and unbiased"
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #66
quote:
Please do not read my above post. I was...

Lets just say i wasnt feeling well.

Looks to me like it's already done ;) . Two star rating now. At least you're not right in the middle anymore, eh?

Now we're even.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ

Pages