AGE? HOW OLD ARE WE?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: AGE? HOW OLD ARE WE?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #100
Stug, my impression was that he was saying that he is kind of like what you were at his age, going by your description.

High school was good for me only because I had the incredible good fortune to go to a very good one. Because of the number of APs I was taking, I was effectively doing college in high school by junior year, which was nice -- high school really doesn't need to be four years; two or three will do just fine for the material you're supposed to learn.

And yes, there was FAR too much pressure to date, but that hasn't died off yet in college. It kind of irritates me, because at this particular moment I really don't want a girlfriend, but all the guys around seem to be able to think of nothing else but finding a girl.

--------------------
Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!! (The home of BoA's HLPM v1.1!)

Rate my scenarios!
Northern Kingdom 0: Prologue
High Level Party Maker
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #101
Any pressure to "date" from my fellow high school students or the environment at the time paled in comparison to pressure from my hormones. Phew! College just made it easier to alleviate said hormonal pressure, what with the freedom of being on my own to pursue the womenfolk and all. IMAGE(smile004.gif)

[ Thursday, July 22, 2004 09:47: Message edited by: AM ]
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #102
Good save, AM. The original post suggested other things, such as used socks.

--------------------
They want to have a war to keep their factories
They want to have a war to keep us on our knees
They want to have a war to stop us buying Japanese
They want to have a war to stop industrial disease
They're pointing out the enemy to keep you deaf and blind
They want to suck your energy, incarcerate your mind
Give you Rule Brittania, gassy beer, page three
Two weeks in Hispania and sunday striptease
Meanwhile, the first Jesus says, "I'll cure it soon
Abolish Monday mornings and Friday afternoons"
The other one's out on hunger strike, he's dying by degrees
How come Jesus gets industrial disease?

By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #103
Thanks! In retrospect, it was a bit too open to interpretation, and I definitely didn't want to leave anyone the impression that I'm not a big player, 'cause I am. IMAGE(biggrin2.gif)

[ Thursday, July 22, 2004 09:59: Message edited by: AM ]
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #104
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Stug, my impression was that he was saying that he is kind of like what you were at his age, going by your description.
Ah, that makes sense, I suppose. My apologies, Slash.

It wasn't too difficult remaining undated throughout the high school years, as I was constantly surrounded by several close male friends that were largely in the same boat. Within the last couple of years, however, my security blanket of fellow sexual "failures" has, little by little, been reduced to mere threads. It really is painful to watch as every one of one's closest friends find companionship, and, more importantly, sexual release, with attractive girls. I've been gracious in every way, of course, offering congratulations, and even trying to feel genuinely happy for them.

However, as would be expected, I've failed. Although I once declared that I was above envy and any other such horrid emotional vices, I've proven myself decisively wrong. It is nearly impossible to avoid succumbing to jealousy when one is constantly surrounded by that which he simply cannot possess. With the jealousy comes the crippling feeling of inadequacy, a feeling I've fought hard, yet without success, to overcome.

I've never entirely understood the reasons behind my yearning for female companionship. Obviously, the need for sexual release is one motivation, to be sure, but, of course, there are ways of satisfying that. I've always feared that my primary motivation, though, is a desire to possess something that would surely elevate my status among friends and acquaintances. Perhaps, though, I'm being a bit too self-effacing there. A real, honest need for companionship is most probably at the core of the constant internal agitation I've experienced.

At any rate, though, my level of motivation is hardly sufficient to overcome the feelings of fear and inadequacy brought on by my acute level of self-consciousness. As such, all of this is quite immaterial, isn't it?

--------------------
Stughalf

"The death-knell of the republic had rung as soon as the active power became lodged in the hands of those who sought, not to do justice to all citizens, rich and poor alike, but to stand for one special class and for its interests as opposed to the interests of others."- Theodore Roosevelt, 1903.
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #105
Too old. Humm... Shouldn't be here. IMAGE(cool0000.gif)

[ Friday, July 23, 2004 03:39: Message edited by: Overwhelming ]

--------------------
Visit the BoA Center!
Blades of Avernum Center
Your Avernum Design Haven
Brand new and powerful forum! Check it out now!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #106
quote:
Example: we spent three weeks in chemistry learning how to name a new element. This would require you to first DISCOVER a new element, then you could name it.
Actually, this is kind of dumb because you can't discover a new element, you have to make it with high-tech and costly particle accelerators designed to smash two natural heavy elements together so hard that the protons fuse and make a "new" 100-plus atomic number element that last for a few milliseconds. Before decaying into what they were before.

And the scientist say they "discovered" a new element---what use is there for it? Why bother give it an official name and just call it the unnoficial names such as "ununoctium" (that's what they call the element with the atomic number 118.)

I'm sure this was a very interesting lesson in opinion, class. IMAGE(tongue04.gif)

--------------------
-ben4808
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #107
I've been reading the posts about how the older you get the younger you want to be and I just don't get why anyone would want to go through adolesence again!
*shudder*

--------------------
Refreshes your breath while you scream.
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #108
Stug: I called you by your real name in a previous post. Sorry if that was inadecuate. I know better now.

Life. Hmmm. "Logical Song." Supertramp

--------------------
"I like traffic lights, but not when they are red." [Abridged] Monty Python Song.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #109
No prob, BSC. I wouldn't even really mind if someone called me "ug" (as has been suggested in the past IMAGE(tongue04.gif) ). It's just best, probably, to be known by a single name on these boards, for the purpose of avoiding confusion.

--------------------
Stughalf

"The death-knell of the republic had rung as soon as the active power became lodged in the hands of those who sought, not to do justice to all citizens, rich and poor alike, but to stand for one special class and for its interests as opposed to the interests of others."- Theodore Roosevelt, 1903.
Apprentice
Member # 4423
Profile #110
Bah, element, compound, you guys knew what I meant. I was kinda in a blind rage at that point anyway, not really thinking clearly. You see, the rather uselessness of school has been getting to me of late, and it's making me irrational.

High school is neccessary not so much for what the teachers are trying to teach you... a majority of that you will never learn, forget, or never even need to use on the off chance that you do learn it. High school is where you go from small annoying child who thinks he's smart, to large annoying child who may actually be smart, but too irrational and prone to mood swings for anybody to really know for sure. Hopefully by the time you're out of high school you've gotten yourself under control, but (as is evident) I haven't made that transition fully yet. Good thing I've got my senior year left...

--------------------
When the world ends on Thursday, just remember I told you so.

Pages