AGE? HOW OLD ARE WE?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: AGE? HOW OLD ARE WE?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #50

Oh yeah, and...

quote:
Originally written by Archmage Micael:

(I'm over 11! Defenetely!)
I think this speaks for itself. (Not that the "scenario" under works isn't a noisemaker in its own right...)

--------------------
Rate My Scenarios!
Streila Spies
Unbalanced Accounts
Inn of Blades
Echoes
Echoes: Assault
Echoes: Black Horse
Echoes: Pawns
Bandits
Echoes: Combat/Skirmish
Two Strands
Bandits II: Ballad of the Red Star
Roses of Reckoning (BoE)
Corporeus
The Claim
Roses of Reckoning (BoA)
Nebulous Times Hence
Emerald Mountain
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #51
Maybe for you, RC, but don't presume to tell the rest of us what we remember. I've had flashbacks that were just as perceptually and emotionally detailed as any other present experience.
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #52
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Maybe for you, RC, but don't presume to tell the rest of us what we remember. I've had flashbacks that were just as perceptually and emotionally detailed as any other present experience.
When did I ever post in this topic?

And to be somewhat related to the topic in itself, I'm 15 and am going to be driving soon, hopefully.

[ Saturday, July 17, 2004 07:06: Message edited by: RC ]

--------------------
Chance Forums
Apprentice
Member # 1660
Profile Homepage #53
Do I qualify as an "old woman"? I guess I do to teenage boys. How sad...

Well, I'm all of 36, and I've been playing Spiderweb games for years. Absolutely my favorite game company. The games are highly re-playable.
Warrior
Member # 734
Profile #54
That makes two old women here then! IMAGE(smile002.gif)

I'm the other 36 year old "crone". I have to concur, that age seems ancient to my teenage son, and spiderwebs games are very, very replayable.

--------------------
Instant Human-Just add liberal doses of Coffee.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #55
Age is all in the mind. Loose the barriers, loose the free.

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

In conclusion, quack, moooo and phenonemenonmenonnon... Oh Poo.

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Ultimate_RP/index.php Try it!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #56
Woah, a person from Oakland! Hi there.

Er, to have actual content in this post: age is not really all in the mind, even on the Internet. Certain people seem to have different levels of emotional maturity, and it seems to correlate almost perfectly with age. That's how I can guess people's ages even without seeing anything more than their posts.

--------------------
Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!! (The home of BoA's HLPM v1.1!)

Rate my scenarios!
Northern Kingdom 0: Prologue
High Level Party Maker
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #57
Hi!
I'm 32. Which makes me a Pig if you go by the Chinese horoscope. Sagitarius with Leo asecendancy (or something like that if you go by that other horoscope) (just covering my back here in case there is a future thread that asks our signs. Mine is "yield" by the way)

I remember 11 fondly. The teen years were. . . not very good but they are over thank the gods. It's amazing how anxieties ruled my life then and now, in hindsight (a good argument to those who think that life is nothing but a series of packets of perception and those we choose are what we call reality, for better or worse) it all looks so pointless and silly. . . but the flashbacks are sometimes in technicolor, cinemascope and THX sound. Though.

Age is definitely a dubious standard at best. If you've read any of my posts in this forum you'll have seen that my intellectual capacity (?!) is minimal (not to say non-existent) Don't act my age most of the time. At all.

Still love to do everything I did when I was 13. Computer games, role playing are still among my biggest hoobies/addictions. And celluloid still flows through my veins instead of blood. I'm still a geek and a fanboy, not a nerd (not smart enough but hope to grow up to be one someday) and by the nine billion names of god I hope to be one 'till the day I day and for whatever comes next, if anything. 'Nuff said!

Your age is in your mind. Maybe it sounds like a cliche, and society sometimes does its darnest to make it NOT so, but que se joda! (life, that is. Yeah I swore. Sorry)

If anything this forum, and many others, show how illusionary life is. Most of the times (99.99. . .% of the time) I've no idea what age anybody is and it make no difference.

Anyway, this was only about our age. Have babbled too much.

Enjoy the day you're living, whatever your digits say you are supposed to be.

Salud!

--------------------
"I like traffic lights, but not when they are red." [Abridged] Monty Python Song.
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #58
quote:
Originally written by GIFTSare2hard-to-name:

Yes! Someone besides me alowing people to see results without having to vote. IMHO, I have no idea why other people force you to vote before viewing results on unimportant stuff, like, Are you working on a BoA Scenerio?
Thank You very much.

Some alpinists have answered that already.

- Why did you climb that mountain?
- ??? Because it was there, dummy!

So:

- Why did require people to vote before seeing results on your poll?
- ??? Because the option was there, dummy!

--------------------
I am pleased to make contact with your entities.
: http://cku1d19.w.interia.pl :
!!Britney Spears/ Fanart/ Hentai Shrine!!
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #59
quote:
Originally written by Devlish:

That makes two old women here then! IMAGE(smile002.gif)

I'm the other 36 year old "crone". I have to concur, that age seems ancient to my teenage son, and spiderwebs games are very, very replayable.

ef, wherever she may be at the moment, is around 50.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #60
I'm RC too, RC. OMG SAEM INISHULS BFFL

Fine, I won't presume to tell you what you all remember. And I won't expect you to read the whole topic. And Lena's short for Ana Magdalena, so I get away scot free there too.

Sigh.

--------------------
It is Rosycat, obviously.

"This was like having Arctic, Thuryl, Khoth, TM, and Scorpius with me naked in a broom closet full of tentacles"
- Sir Motrax

Polaris
My BoE graphics
njinje_njintje@hotmail.com[/url] wants to hear from YOU!
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #61
quote:
Originally written by Ackazam:

I'm RC too, RC. OMG SAEM INISHULS BFFL

Aiych, I missed that one. IMAGE(redface0.gif)

--------------------
Chance Forums
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #62
quote:
Originally written by RC:

When did I ever post in this topic?
Oops. You have too many accounts, so I tend to assume oldbies I don't recognise are you.

Didn't mean you either, Rosycat. Sorry. You can both go back to sleep now.

Who's Sound Effect, then?

--------------------
I'd be tender, I'd be gentle
And awful sentimental
Regarding love and art
I'd be friends with the sparrows
And the boy who shoots the arrows,
If I only had a heart.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #63
Random righty that nobody cares about.

--------------------
Beatoff Valley: A story told out of order.
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #64
14, wish I was 40 and dead.
Or 8, smart, and quiet. Again.

--------------------
—Jonah Zahndi Zolohahni
Jonnie's Domain.
JDF — Jonnie's Domain Forums.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #65
I'm twenty, and like others, am quite happy to be where I am. I was always generally uncomfortable and unhappy in my teen years, and it's nice to see that I seem to finally be coming into my own. It was difficult growing up with such a large divide between my levels of intellectual and emotional maturity. To be in possession of reasoning and problem-solving skills far beyond those of your peers, and yet to still be a physical runt and a childish attention whore was hardly a balanced existence. At eleven, I was a voracious reader and an enthusiastic seeker of knowledge, but I was also a kid who would steal things from neighbors' desks at school to gain their attention, a kid who was so bashful around girls that he could never even address any of them by name. When I finally did attain physical maturity at the very late age of sixteen or so, I had such a lot of catching up to do in terms of gender relations that, even with steady improvement, it's taken me this long to really feel comfortable while in conversation with attractive females. I've also managed to overcome my problems with temper and excessive worrying after working for years at it. Of course, challenges still exist, but I believe I'm getting ever closer to that elusive state of "adulthood." Perhaps by the time I've turned thirty, I will have overcome my persistent motivational difficulties, and maybe even completed a once unthinkable transformation from a self-conscious, nervy blunderer to a confident go-getter, free of the demons of second guessing, guilt, defeatism, negativity, and pessimism.

And with so much progress already made, I'd hardly say, as I would have at eleven, that it'd be folly to hope for such miracles.

--------------------
Stughalf

"The death-knell of the republic had rung as soon as the active power became lodged in the hands of those who sought, not to do justice to all citizens, rich and poor alike, but to stand for one special class and for its interests as opposed to the interests of others."- Theodore Roosevelt, 1903.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #66
I demand to know who said they were 1-10 years old!

--------------------
Sliders Timer ]http://www.google.com/[/URL]
Updated Links! Now made a google link! I told you the next one would be irrelevant.
I am a psychic amnesiact. I know in advance what I'll forget.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #67
James. duh. IMAGE(tongue02.gif)

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Warrior
Member # 226
Profile #68
[QUOTE]Originally written by siobhan:
Do I qualify as an "old woman"? I guess I do to teenage boys. How sad...

Well, I'm all of 36, and I've been playing Spiderweb games for years. Absolutely my favorite game company. The games are highly re-playable.
[

A mere third of a century!

Just got the poll results! Whats up with all these whippersnappers anyway, I was here ages ago and no-ones got any older. Maybe theres a neverland vibe going on.

--------------------
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

§ Behold the Stamp, for it sticks to the same thing until it reaches its destination! (Apt for us scenario designers!!) §
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #69
My mother is 42 and to me (and to herself) she's young. That's just me.

--------------------
—Jonah Zahndi Zolohahni
Jonnie's Domain.
JDF — Jonnie's Domain Forums.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #70
I've found that people have to be challenged in order to mature. This happens in society as people pass through the education system - people have to cope with new challenges as the bar is raised at each level - middle school, high school, college, for example. I think that everyone remembers the difference they felt being secondary students versus when they were in primary school. In my experience as a 26 year old, this hasn't changed for any step, as I've graduated from high school and college, and now am trying to make it in the "real world" (though back for grad school IMAGE(wink0001.gif) ). In every case, I've found you get the humbling experience of relearning the ropes, which is refreshing, and probably a good thing. In some ways, it's daunting not having a clearly defined "next step" laid out to take place in the next four years... I reckon marriage and children don't really count the same way. IMAGE(smile002.gif) I'll probably just go to law school.

[ Monday, July 19, 2004 07:13: Message edited by: Andrew Miller ]
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #71
Anand, reading your post reminded me a lot of my own experiences in that far distant past. First time I asked a woman out/got a girlfriend was when I was 18! Long time. The silliest thing was realizing how silly I had been in being besiege by ideas that were just nonesense, you know. Now I look back and either wince or just laugh.
It's a good thing that life goes on and we go on with it.
Andrew, I agree with you. And challenges never cease. No stage of life is free of them. Perhaps to some a life of nothing but lying in a hammok drinking coconot milk is ideal (and why not?!) but for the most part, it seems that we are always kept on our toes by what goes on around us.
However, I don't know if life is complicated or we just like to complicate it with excessive patches upon patches trying to fix ideas and paradigms that sometimes shouldn't be fixed, or should just be discarded.
Maybe a little bit of both.

--------------------
"I like traffic lights, but not when they are red." [Abridged] Monty Python Song.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #72
Also, I think some people genuinely stop developing after certain ages, no matter what. For example, I had a boss in the past in his forties who still acted as though he was eighteen - most annoying. By the same token, it breaks my heart to see people who probably could go further, but don't - like a friend of mine who dropped out of college, got married, and became a bank teller, when I know he was intelligent enough to pursue all kinds of things. I recognize, of course, that I'm being very judgemental - it was entirely his decision and he seems fairly happy - but it makes me sad to see someone "step off the ladder," so to speak, when he hasn't reached his potential.

As for me, I reckon I still have a ways to climb. We'll see how law school goes - I'm looking forward to that freshman feeling all over again. IMAGE(smile002.gif)

Kel: Do you know anything about Berkeley Law?
Infiltrator
Member # 164
Profile Homepage #73

--------------------
Which word of four letters can be added to the front of the following words to create other English words? CARD BOX CODE BAG HASTE
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #74
quote:
Originally written by AM:
Kel: Do you know anything about Berkeley Law?
A little, yes. Boalt Law School. I'll probably end up applying there. I'm only a second-year, so I haven't really even started looking at law schools yet, but I live with a couple of other pre-law Berkeley students, so if you have any questions, probably one of us can give you information. PM or e-mail me.

--------------------
Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!! (The home of BoA's HLPM v1.1!)

Rate my scenarios!
Northern Kingdom 0: Prologue
High Level Party Maker
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00

Pages