What if Batman and Captain America Fought?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What if Batman and Captain America Fought?
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #25
Batman has a butler.

Nuff said.

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame
it can play hideous tricks on the brain
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #26
BT, I agree. Although the age difference, titles wise, is small, May '39 Bats vs. March '41 Cap.
However Cap is exceedingly well trained in all martial arts as well.
Roxy: Alfred. Difficult to top that. But Caps has the entire American military and intelligence community behind him, S.H.I.E.L.D and the Avengers.
'Course Batman has the JLA and Gotham Police (which may not be much compared to Cap's backing muscle, but JLA will defeat the Avengers any day of the week, I don't care which incarnation of either one. Superman/Martian Manhunter. Let's not forget GL! Even if the Avengers have Thor and Herc and Thor is a god and all that. And the Avengers are mighty indeed. But I'm biased and have always preferred the Fantastic Four over the Avengers.)
Anyway, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Incidentally, I'm surprised no one has chosen Captain America as the undisputed winner. No big Marvel fans around?

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by Blind Samurai Penguin Clown:

Whyte Shadow, I shall try to resolve those fights. (ouch)
Yay! Someone actually tried to answer! I was hoping you would. Great answers, by the way. =^.^=

quote:

3) (If Seppuku Boy is a character with pre-set abilities, I apologize for ignoring them (couldn't find a reference to him)) Whyte Shadow: I don't know your super-powers, so I'll take some liberties.
Nope, Seppuku is his only known real power. =^.^=

--------------------
Digital Neko - more nekojin per capita than you can beat senseless! Now featuring all-new subdomain!
Vote Richter! Belmont in 2004!
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #28
quote:

Roxy: Alfred. Difficult to top that. But Caps has the entire American military and intelligence community behind him, S.H.I.E.L.D and the Avengers.
'Course Batman has the JLA and Gotham Police (which may not be much compared to Cap's backing muscle, but JLA will defeat the Avengers any day of the week, I don't care which incarnation of either one. Superman/Martian Manhunter. Let's not forget GL! Even if the Avengers have Thor and Herc and Thor is a god and all that. And the Avengers are mighty indeed. But I'm biased and have always preferred the Fantastic Four over the Avengers.)

But he's a butler.

EDIT: Oh, and it's Rosy. ^^

[ Tuesday, July 20, 2004 11:29: Message edited by: Rosy ]

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame
it can play hideous tricks on the brain
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #29
Sorry Rosy!!! Won't misspell your name again.

Quite correct. Being a butler he has mastered the intractable power of total and complete impassivity.
That in and out of itself will drive anybody wacko if they try to reason with him or coerce him in anyway.
Also, the fact that he has also mastered the rather difficult ability of servicing a man like Master Bruce, well that says a lot.
Plus the fact that his organizing powers must be rather incredible.
Hmmm.
I think you've got a point. Alfred may indeed be the one variable which can always be counted to top the balance in Batman's favor.

I wonder if Aunt May is to Spider-man something akin to what Alfred is to Batman.
Not a direct analogy, of course!

Ta!

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #30
Aunt May is dead.

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #31
Since when? It was his uncle that died. Unless she has died rather recently (within last year of comics) then I'm pretty sure she is still alive.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #32
Alas, Andrea, I remember reading that and hating it.
I refer to when she died back in the late 90's. But Spidey has gotten such a rehash since then that I don't know what's going on now.
Besides, living in exile (pun not indended) hasn't given me the opportunity to read a comic book for four years. Talking about withdrawal symptons.

--------------------
quote:

Warrior
Member # 37
Profile #33
I say Neo vs. Jesus Christ.

Jesus wins by dying. Neo wins by dying.
I wonder who can die first?

--------------------
{Tempus} jack thompson? ppl actually admire that freak?
{@Fanateeq72802} Not everyone disagrees with him.
{+iris} Someone should send him a few of the more steamy Japanese dating sim games. His head would explode.
{@Fanateeq72802} And I'd laugh. Hard.
{Tempus} im on it. brb
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #34
Christ vs. Neo: This one is not really a matter of who dies first. It is a matter of who's message is most misunderstood after he is dead, it is also a matter of who inspires more death and destruction through the use of his, already misunderstood message, in order to gather the greater power unto a group of people, or in order to show that the misunderstood message that a group harbors is, really, greater and more powerful than the other group's, whose message is also misunderstood.
In order for us to see this result, a few thousand years need to pass and we shall see.

--------------------
quote:

Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #35
Hey, that's not true. Neo's death gets immediate results!
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #36
I would think that Neo would lose because Matrix III made no sense whatsoever (At least to me. If you wish to enlighten me, feel free to.)

I mean, seriously. Neo makes a deal with a computer. And the computer doesn't slaughter everyone after Neo does what was needed. It's absolute nonsense! Computers have no honor! If they did, the whole thing never would have happened! AAAAGHH!!

Sorry. Matrix III pisses me off sometimes.

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #37
Eldiran: maybe you can see it, not from the point of view of honor, but from the point of view of cold balance. Neo offered to get rid the Matrix of the Virus, this was a task the computer desired and let's say it calculated that his chances were good enough. In turn, it stopped the invasion Zion.
As you saw there was another Matrix at the end and the Architect did not promise that he was going to leave the humans alone for ever. It seems that, at best, what was attained was a temporal appeasement.

--------------------
quote:

Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #38
Yes, but after Neo killed the virus, why didn't the computer just continue the slaughter? By honor I meant that they upheld their end of the deal, even after it wouldn't benefit them to do so.

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
Apprentice
Member # 4761
Profile Homepage #39
I agree. Matrix III is lame. If there was a form of Computer AI, I believe its only principle, besides self-preservation would be the fanatic search of efficiency and perfection. Make a better and better version of everything. And a world without humans is a better world. A glimpse of this thought came from Agent Smith on Matrix I. The moment the "Virus Smith" is eliminated thanks to the aid of "Virus Human", the machines continue their logical pattern and eliminate Virus Human from earth. Will they feel this was a "dishonourable" action? I don’t think so.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."

Pages