Euro Cup 2004

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Euro Cup 2004
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #0
England lost... NOOOOOOO!

discuss.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shock Trooper
Member # 4000
Profile Homepage #1
Who won then? Brazil? :P

[ Thursday, June 24, 2004 13:21: Message edited by: Block ]

--------------------
♫ The truth is screaming BIG ♫
♫ A light so bright ♫
♫ Whether day or night ♫
It can't be hid

§ realitycorp@gmail.com §

►► Chance is back online! ◄◄
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #2
I only bothered watching the last 15 minutes of extra time and penalties. The Portugese goalie was pretty cool.

Tomorrow, myself and some friends will be sticking up a bunch of Portugese flags and playing the Portugese national anthem loudly. And the day after that, nobody will attempt to talk to me about football for another 2 years. Hooray.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #3
both goalies sucked... Ricardo fell for the same trick FOUR TIMES.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #4
Not only have England lost, they have had the bad taste to lose in such a way that they could have won had the referee made one of his decisions the other way. Do they not realise that this is the number one way of ensuring that the average fan will now not shut up for the next freakin' year? Couldn't they have just failed to score at all, or something?

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #5
ARSE RAPING PANTALOONS ANONYMOUS!!!!!

It really makes me ashamed that football is one of the few sports nowadays where the referee cannot call for a TV view. This system is sucessfully used in many sports like rugby. Most of all, it would have proven that the goalkeeper fell on his arse a good ten seconds after the ball had gone in. AND that the only possible foul there would have been Sol on Terry. Bee-hutches.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #6
I find a better answer towards fans of any sport is a good kneecapping. It makes you feel better about the world in general and it prevents them from bugging you. And if they insist on it, well, you can outrun them after, can't you?

EDIT: Oh, FBM, you truly are the king of kings.

[ Thursday, June 24, 2004 14:01: Message edited by: George A. Custer Declares You To Be ]

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #7
Why thank you. I'm sure you ment that in the most serious, non-sarcastic way possible... ;)

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #8
John Terry was clearly holding back Ricardo, who had a desperate look on his face as he tried to get to the ball, but couldn't. The linesman called the ball back, not the referee.

Ricardo was moving too early - that's why he couldn't get those balls hit down the middle. Similarly, it's why he was able to get to Vassell's. Which he saved without any gloves on. And then he promptly took the winning penalty.

I'm rooting for a Czech-Sweden final, personally. The Czechs have looked the more complete and more dangerous team the entire tournament. They came back from an early deficit in all three group matches.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #9
So, what'll happen to Becks and Vasell once the team gets back to England (assuming they're still alive, then)?

And I'm hoping that France won't make it to the finals. I'd hate to see that bald veteran win them the whole damn cup.

Portugal should get there, in my opinion, just because of C. Ronaldo. God, I'm pretty jealous after seeing what his capable of with the ball. :P

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Apprentice
Member # 4391
Profile #10
well, Becks has been called for to resign, but is not backing down. hmmmm. - my first post!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #11
Really? Because he has missed 3 kicks in a row? That's quite hilarious. He's been the savior in, I don't even know how many games, and you (the English!) want him to quit because he couldn't do it this time?

*childish giggle*

[ Friday, June 25, 2004 08:59: Message edited by: Tristrana ]

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Infiltrator
Member # 164
Profile Homepage #12
annnnnnd who cares?

--------------------
Awesome BoA Graphics

MSN: bleusoulilcercatore@hotmail.com
AIM: Byzantine Jones
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #13
If my times on buses today has been any indication, millions of morons. All with their irritating uninformed opinions (and not coincidentally, irritating voices.) Most of whom described watching the match as 'painful.'

I bit my tongue and just managed to avoid suggesting that they nail their tongue to their gums as a memory aid to prevent them misusing the word 'painful.'

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #14
Well Tristrana, Greece won.

I think that Rooney leaving the match so early was rather horrible.

Am I the only one who thinks that Vassel was rather dissapointing throughout the entire tournament?

I'm a big England fan. . . but if you the catenaccio (spelling?) this is the result you get. Portugal played enormously offensive, but England had the talent and the capacity to do the same had they wished to. One goal is never enough.

I'm hoping for Sweden and Czech Republic because they've been the two teams who've played the best, for me, so far. And Denmark is also nice.

I doubt we'll ever see TV in football guys.
But hope springs eternal.

Edit: As for Beckham. . . I'm gonna get swarmed for saying this. Big time, but. . . maybe he should get his head deeper into what he does (play football) and less on his image. Sick and tired of that. He's a fine player, heck when he plays good he is a phenomenal player. . . but look at Real Madrid. . . What's going on today? Seems this Eurocup is proving what the Champions already proved: good football, team playing, is better than a name on a shirt. Leave the modeling for those who suck at everything in life except being pretty.

[ Friday, June 25, 2004 14:09: Message edited by: Blind Samurai Clown ]

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #15
Beckham seems to have lost all of his pace and will to go bombing down the sideline from his time playing in the center at Real Madrid. But England have no better right winger, except for Kieron Dyer or Jermaine Pennant. Or Ray Parlour :P .

Vassell played well enough against Switzerland and Croatia - he set up several goals for Rooney. Still, even as much as I dislike Heskey, he should have replaced Rooney, since all the defense and midfield were doing was pumping high balls forward because they couldn't maintain possession in the back.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #16
I hope for a Czech - Portugal final. At least it wouldn't get boring (Hurrah! C. Ronaldo is the best!). Sweden hasn't got a chance to reach the finals. They simply don't play good enough. Denmark, on the other hand has the potential, but seeing as they have to play against Czech next, no.

I wouldn't call Beckham phenomenal but he still is much better than jealous tounges tend to claim.

--------------------
ahhahaha i rule u droool
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #17
Anyone noticed how "sorry" C. Ronaldo was after kicking A. Cole in the face, by the way? He walked off, laughing. :P

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #18
quote:
Originally written by FatBatMonkey:

[QB]
It really makes me ashamed that football is one of the few sports nowadays where the referee cannot call for a TV view. QB]
Do not take the name of football in vain!

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ignignok
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #19
2 people got nailed in the groin in today's game... ROFL :P

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #20
I really enjoyed Sweden-Netherlands. Just because Sweden lost, I must admit, but that's just because I'm a Finn. :P

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #21
My prediction is a Czech-Greek final. With the Greeks to win.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #22
Agreed. I'd love to see that.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #23
Yeah it would be great. Problem is that according to my TV, they're facing in the semis. Whoever wins, it's going to be a dang good match.

--------------------
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #24
Greece for Euro Cup! :D

--------------------

Pages