Euro Cup 2004

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Euro Cup 2004
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #25
I so wish Greece wins and I am able to say that they are the best Football in Europe. If I can sell my soul to the gods of football right now for that to happen I'll do it. I'll have to wait since it is leased to some other higher power for some other asinine request I made, but it being eternal it doesn't really matters.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #26
Oh, please, don't be such bad loosers. Ricardo suffered a foul, it's clear in the TV images. Only english people refuse to see it. Anyway, Portugal played better and attacked more. If England had won, it would had been unfair. So don't complain so much. I think the english newspapers behaviour was worse than hooligans. With their biased vision, they clearly flamed this situation, probably causing some disturbings that we all know.

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #27
Your location marks you as not entirely unbiased either...

But I would agree with you; the referee was right about the foul. I didn't watch the match, but when someone explained to me why it wasn't a foul, they managed to convince me that it was, instead. I don't see, though, that what anyone apart thinks really matters. Portugal are still the winners, and probably rightfully so. Unless the streets of Portugal have been overrun by manic English football hooligans, you've nothing to complain about. Of course the papers wanted the England team to win, but their disappointment shouldn't be affecting you.

-E-

[ Wednesday, June 30, 2004 03:13: Message edited by: Omlette ]

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #28
Well fleeblemurgh to you to. It's all very well to sit upon your high horse and say that, but if you do, don't say it in such a gloating manner. Dang bhutch.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #29
I'm too tired to point out that you're whiner, right now, so gah, I'll let it slip by unnoticed, this time. ;)

Anyway, what's the game of the evening? Portugal-Netherlands? I predict a damn good match! It'll be nice to see how C. Ronaldo embarasses the defense, and how R. Van Nisterroy (sp?) GOES FOR TEH GOAL! :P

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Of course the papers wanted the England team to win, but their disappointment shouldn't be affecting you
Let's just say that Urs Meiers now has bodyguards to take care of him, thanks to what some english newspapers did (flamed him, published his email, car's license plate, posted a big england flag in his house front, etc...).

That's just one example why it should oncern anyone. ;)

Anyway... PORTUGAL IS IN THE FINAL!!! :D

--------------------

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #31
I don't follow European or American sports, but bully for you regardless.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #32
Well you kind of have a valid point. Except you miss one thing - if it had been the papers, then there wouldn't have been any trouble. It was that the TV news channels got on it that has caused them to blow it out of proportion. Though I must admit I burst out laughing when ITV gave his website and feedback page out.

Seriously! The average England fan, if unhappy at the ref for a decision, will not go after that ref on a personal vendetta. They will vent their frustration on the nearest solid object.

Not many fans cared after the end of the match. It went down to penalties, as it always does, and we lost. That was expected.

However, I am looking forward to a pretty good final. Especially as, against either the Czechs or the Greeks, Portugal doesn't really have a hope in heck.

We can stand losing on a what we consider a bad decision. What we cannot stand is when the beneficiary of that decision goes on and wins without deserving it. Which, as even you must agree, taking into account the way both of the other teams have been playing in the tournament, would most likely be true in this case.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #33
Portugal - Holland, 3-2

On second thought, lets make that 2-1. We're talking about the finals, after all.

That is all. But I will return and mock you with my superior oracle skills.

--------------------
ahhahaha i rule u droool
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #34
'Weed, I'll be nice and not mock you right now, because Portugal won against Holland, and are through. The other semi between Czech Republic and Greece is still to go.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #35
Ahem. My oracle skills seem to be a little dusty.

I meant Portugal - Czech.

Greece to the final? Yeah, and lets go skating in hell. No way. It's just...no way.

Ahem.

[ Thursday, July 01, 2004 05:49: Message edited by: Saltweed ]

--------------------
ahhahaha i rule u droool
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #36
But skating to hell is fun..!

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #37
FBM, I feel tempted to call in some of my football-mad friends to destroy your arguments (essentially, they'll disagree with anybody who doesn't follow third division football in December) but I'm merciful and lazy. Just accept that we lost with the good grace and sportsmanship that Englishmen are erroneously supposed to display.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #38
Greece 1, Czech Republic 0, overtime goal.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #39
Actually, I can go one better than that. I actually turn up to our sunday-league footie team's training sessions all year round.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #40
quote:
Originally written by Wise Imbaman:

Greece 1, Czech Republic 0, overtime goal.
Oh ****. Oh ****! They did it.

Oh ****! Unbelievable.

They can never win over Portugal.

Can they?

Oh ****.

--------------------
ahhahaha i rule u droool
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #41
They already won Portugal in this tournament. Now it's time for... Payback! :cool:

The best two teams in this Euro 2004 are, without doubt, Portugal and Czech Republic.

Anyway, Greece won the czechs and are i the finals. They're very defensive with a good counter-attack. Very rigurous tactics. Hmmm... It's hard to predict the final result. :)

But I guess that Portugal will win. If they manage to score early in the game, they will surely win and score more goals. :)

--------------------

--------------
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #42
agreed, they need to get some momentum early on. :/

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #43
It's a shame they aren't playing with English FA rules. One of the few ancient rules that was never repealed was that you could never be offside if you had a live owl on your shoulder.

Barn or Tawny anyone?

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #44
Greece already beat Portugal once this tournament ...

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #45
Today is the V day, V for Victory. :)

FORÇA PORTUGAL! :) :)

--------------------

--------------
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #46
Greece 1, Portugal 0

GG Portugal. MANY WOOTAGES FOR GREECE, THE UNDERDOGS!

--------------------
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #47
Yayeth of yays! From never winning a championship game to stuffing the Portugese!

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #48
Oh well... Portugal played well. And organized the best eurochampionship ever. There's nothing to be sad about. :)

--------------------

--------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #49
Well, there is, sort of. But on the other hand Greece also beat France and Czech. And none of those countries even made a single goal against Greece. That should shut me up.

--------------------
ahhahaha i rule u droool

Pages