funny web site to go to

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: funny web site to go to
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #25
If you lived under Thuryl's house, you would assuredly already have been aided off this mortal coil.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #26
lolz i'm not kewl cuz i dont have a sense of humor lik djur and not cool peopl with a sense of humor not like djur's are just begging strong bad to put it right between their legs

You're right about not being able to explain humor, but you could have answered my question, at least. I said that Penny Arcade is not as funny as H*R; I also said that I don't find Penny Arcade at all amusing. How does that make me a Strong Bad fanatic?

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

In case of emergency, break glass.
Warrior
Member # 1856
Profile Homepage #27
Aha! well since we are spouting web sites..

My friends and i were sick and tires of the opressive envyroment which occurs when you try to RP on a board not MADE for RPing. SO we decided to make one ouselves! The first was a failure, after about 3-4 years of repeated attempts, we have reached our climax of development. Now open to the public, a fourm, with a (gasp) DOMAIN NAME! and tons of bandwidth. Like to spam? why we even have a (gasp again) spam forum! please do join and become a active member... A few of you alredy are, and i thank you! so without furthur ado... (pulls down curtain)

www.rgf-network.com/forum/index.php

And wow! anime too!!

--------------------
Please visit the RP Paridise. rgf-network!

The chance of someone looking at you is directly proportonal to the stupidity of your act.

The idea is not to give your life for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #28
You and your forum sadden me to the core of my being.

I'd post a link to Space Moose, but I'd probably get banned.

--------------------
AnamaFreak (3:59:56 AM): Shounen-ai to the MAX
...there really is nothing that can compare to hot gay sex with a mythological icon.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #29
quote:
My friends and i were sick and tires of the opressive envyroment which occurs when you try to RP on a board not MADE for RPing.
I think I found a new hobby.

--------------------
Live teh fez.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #30
What's that, Slith? Whining about the lack of good RPs on a board where they account for most of the post depth, or using any topic devoted even tangentially to external links to plug your own website?

--------------------
...there really is nothing that can compare to hot gay sex with a mythological icon.
Warrior
Member # 1856
Profile Homepage #31
General, you dissapoint me.. many people here enjoy to RP but ever since misc closed. pardon me for trying to make a mor friendly forum then *shudders* desperance . That is also a ver cold thing to say to a person that has put many man hours of their precious free time (im in the army) into developing a working forum. And that was no real reason to flame me anyway...

an i learned my lesson about website advertising here long ago... waaaay back when the most popular topic was in misc and called "around the universe in however long it takes". Its not like i am a newbie...

and besides! almost everyone has their website in their sig anyway!

*calms down*

but all i said earlier is true. Even Alorael as not disaproved, and he is one of the most disproving people around! lol...

Well at least stop by!

--------------------
Please visit the RP Paridise. rgf-network!

The chance of someone looking at you is directly proportonal to the stupidity of your act.

The idea is not to give your life for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #32
Hey, are you the guy who said he would judge for the Shark contest and then vanished into thin air? If so, and if you haven't let anyone know whether you're still doing anything or not, head back over to the Lyceum and post your intentions.

Desperance is plenty friendly. You just have to have fairly thick skin for the occasional skirmishes.

I haven't really had a chance to look around your site, so I can't say much either for or against it, but spelling "we're" as "were" is a major black mark as far as I'm concerned. The goal seems to be a decent one, except that SW General already does RPs, Desperance hosts (or hosted) the biggest and best RP (the Arena), Polaris has RPs also, and so does Chance, and... I think I need not go on. Still, if you can get it up and active, more power to you.

*sigh* This post had little or nothing to do with the actual topic of the thread, but whatever. It's General.

--------------------
Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!! (The home of BoA's HLPM v1.1!)

Rate my scenarios!
Northern Kingdom 0: Prologue
High Level Party Maker
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #33
I can't deliver judgement. I haven't clicked the link. I do, however, frown upon the advertising of what amounts to personal boards on a topic that was clearly dedicated to outside sources of entertainment.

Besides, you only need Polaris for all your requirements, including oxygen and a butt for your jokes! Neat, huh?

[Edit: It even teaches you how to make nonsensical posts. Unbelievable!]

?Alorael, who realizes he broke his own rules. He is very much aware of his hypocrisy. Will there be anything else?

[ Tuesday, June 15, 2004 13:19: Message edited by: Straw Man ]
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #34
I frown upon the advertising of several of the above sites on a topic that is dedicated to *any* form of entertainment at all. IMAGE(tongue00.gif)

On second thought, the RGF forums don't look that bad, apart from the fact that at first glance it seems dedicated to anime and computer games more than to real roleplaying (unless I am mistaken), and that the quality of the rps I have read through is about on par with that of below-average Spiderweb roleplays. (Taking into account that there are about 3-4 members who post like Zephyr did a long time ago.) I don't mean to diss the board, but I disagree with your designating it a "RP Paridise". That's all.

And Desperance is a thing by itself. I won't join that, because I think it's mostly tasteless profanity and spam, but at least it manages to be tastelessly profane with style. That's more than can be said about many boards.

Polaris is also a thing by itself, and in relation to Desperance, while dementing any rumors that either claims to be the other's "antipode", some members of each do have the tendency to be violently opposed to some members of the other. Let's leave it at that. Polaris is overrated in a few ways, but underrated in many others.

Everything above is the product of a tired mind at 2 AM local time. Some of it is just biased rants, and all of it is totally my own opinion. IMAGE(smile000.gif)

--------------------
Visit The Santharian Dream and its RP board. Or the Encyclopaedia Ermariana!
Got a brain? Go to Polaris!
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
To a conspiracy for downfall and desperance
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey (freely translated)
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #35
Well, the Arena's sort of dead now. There may be a Blades of Avernum Arena eventually, though.

EDIT : Desperance is also a place where you can come and post almost anything you want. As long as it doesn't piss absolutely everyone else off, it's usually fine.

[ Tuesday, June 15, 2004 17:00: Message edited by: Imban ]
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #36
The beautiful thing about Desperance is probably that it has moderators, but they're mostly moderators because they're trustworthy, not because of any misbehaved types floating around.

The repuatation for being profane is deserved, I'll admit, but I'd say it's probably the best place to go for moderately civilized discourse on non-BoE topics.

You might think that we're devoted to being vicious and untowardly mean to newbies. We really aren't; we're just as mean to oldbies, although they're more likely to take the joke instead of complaining incessantly.

That's all I have to say about that.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #37
quote:
Originally written by General Custer:

moderately civilized discourse on non-BoE topics.
I would kindly refer you to Polaris. IMAGE(tongue00.gif)

--------------------
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey (freely translated)
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #38
Alec may have been being harsh but I don't think you can deny that Cyberwolf is a worthless waste of space.

--------------------
"I particularly like the part where he claims not to know what self-aggrandisement means, then demands more wing-wongs up his virgin ass"
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #39
Well, www.rathergood.com is good, although a bit tiresome at times. Errr, www.googlefight.com is good for a little bit, and then there'shere for light entertainment, especially at people determinded to use phonetics. Usually though, www.ircuser.com is the best for me, especially with the penguin darts game. Either that or googlewhacking is great fun For two minutes.

--------------------
Please visit Random Stupidity to see the amazing Spamness, or the wonderful-seven-posts-in-a-row-topic. And have fun!

Bod rules!!

Thus endeth this post.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #40
Ha! That googlefight is funny. If anyone had any doubts as to which satellite board was better, click here to see that we Polarans are infinitely cooler than you Despers. IMAGE(biggrin0.gif) (Yes, yes, I'm aware that this is because Desperance is a unique name while Polaris is widely used.)

Oh, an getapc.

[ Wednesday, June 16, 2004 04:36: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #41
heh heh. googlefight is okay SupaNik. Funny...

--------------------
Espresso hasn't been invented yet. That stinks.

Xian Skull-
Avernum 3
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #42
EDIT: I'm really more or less like you, Aran: I don't read or much care about any boards besides my own. The difference is that I'm not going to make puerile comparisons or try to start a juvenile pissing match with some of the community's more respected members for no sound reason.

[ Wednesday, June 16, 2004 09:40: Message edited by: General Custer ]

--------------------
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #43
Alec thinks big.

--------------------
"I particularly like the part where he claims not to know what self-aggrandisement means, then demands more wing-wongs up his virgin ass"
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #44
<Insert genital innuendo here.>

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #45
Various funny/weird sites from the top of my head:

http://www.googlism.com/
http://www.userfriendly.org/
http://www.ucomics.com/foxtrot/
http://www.dilbert.com/
http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid/
http://www.urinal.net/

[ Wednesday, June 16, 2004 12:35: Message edited by: Grey-Eyed Stranger ]

--------------------
Blades of Avernum Script Archive - Submit your script now!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #46
A juvenile pissing match? With Alec? For some reason, the thought disturbs me. IMAGE(smile000.gif)

I merely pointed out my opinion on what I have seen on my few brief visits to certain boards. I also added a note concerning the local time and the likely amount of bias involved on my part.

And no, I'm not determinedly picking fights with oldbies, or "the community's more respected persons" (do you belong to that group by election, incidentally?) . I respect their experience with this community, their knowledge of its history etc., what they have done for it in the past (and are still doing), and their high standing in its hierarchy. That's not the same as kissing parts of their anatomy. I've been here over a year too, so stop stomping me as a noob simply because I don't like Desperance.

The thing with googlefight, in case you hadn't noticed, was not in any way serious. The website was made as a joke, its link got posted here as a joke, and I posted an example as a joke. There, everything all right now? IMAGE(tongue00.gif)

--------------------
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #47
If there's one thing more insulting than a slight it's a hamfisted attempt to deny it.

To put it in words of one syllable: grow some balls and stand by what you said, or take it back. Excuses are fine and pretty, the first time you use them, but afterwards they just get sort of hollow.

[ Wednesday, June 16, 2004 13:52: Message edited by: General Custer ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #48
Not every comparison is malicious. Some mock the stupid arguments, and some are even self-mockery. I don't want to put words in Aran's mouth, but at least refrain from putting yourself there on the way to his throat.

?Alorael, who has discovered that Popocatepetl defeats Ixtacihuatl in a Googlefight. This is a sad day for all Ixtacihuatlans.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #49
In the end, any interpretation of my words is of course left to you, Sir Custer. Take them as you wish, but as long as you're not going to extensively flame me for them, said interpretation need not concern me, since I have made an honest attempt at removing any sources of misunderstandings.

If one of us is trying to pick a fight here, it's sure as hell not me.

Edit: Being of the male persuasion, I do possess a pair of balls. This does not mean that I have to stand by things you put in my mouth, nor do I have to take them back or apologize for them. I merely have to explain my words, so that the interpretation will match my actual intentions better. I've done that.

[ Wednesday, June 16, 2004 14:16: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------

Pages