Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: 4444
Warrior
Member # 1856
Profile Homepage #50
Well, at least my member # id in the 1000 range, although i do envy you guys who have double or single didgit numbers. Its like being the witness of the beginning of time. Sit back and you can see the life flow into the boards, as friends talk to friends. I am member number 7 at RTF boards wich was created when the TAN boards erupted into an admin war. sadly, since it had a .tk adress it got no recognition, and had flounderd into decrepitness. ant the RP's there were unparelleled. One about a town of defunked superheroes, one about a journy to the end of the universe. ahh well *sighs* i just wish that post count was not what people judge you by.

--------------------
Please visit the RP Paridise. rgf-network!

The chance of someone looking at you is directly proportonal to the stupidity of your act.

The idea is not to give your life for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #51
Only idiots believe they can perceive the worth of a member by examining his post count, member number, and/or karma rating.

[ Tuesday, May 25, 2004 10:50: Message edited by: Only Half Stultified? ]

--------------------
Stughalf

"The death-knell of the republic had rung as soon as the active power became lodged in the hands of those who sought, not to do justice to all citizens, rich and poor alike, but to stand for one special class and for its interests as opposed to the interests of others."- Theodore Roosevelt, 1903.
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #52
Yes. Take me for example.

--------------------
It is Rosycat, obviously.

"This was like having Arctic, Thuryl, Khoth, TM, and Scorpius with me naked in a broom closet full of tentacles"
- Sir Motrax

Polaris
My BoE graphics
njinje_njintje@hotmail.com[/url] wants to hear from YOU!
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #53
Amen to that Stugie. Look forward to competing with the pair of you, as well as those who simply do not wish to make themselves known. G'luck to y'all! IMAGE(smile002.gif)

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

In conclusion, quack, moooo and phenonemenonmenonnon... Oh Poo.

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Ultimate_RP/index.php Try it!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #54
Personally, I think post count is a very good rubric for judging someone's personal worth, as well as their influence and probable wealth.

?Alorael, who thinks post count does count for something, although only to a point. Those with only five posts are less than likely to be valued community members. Unfortunately, that breaks down with all the new accounts. And then there are the Alcritas-like valued members who are mainly present elsewhere.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 4426
Profile #55
4426 right here, getting closer...
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #56
A little advice to those competing:

Do not do what I did for member number 4000 unless you want a lot of people very angry with you.

That said, good luck to those competing.

--------------------
Chance Forums
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #57
RC, what are you doing with all your numbers?
You scarcely ever use 4000 ...

--------------------
^ö^ Vegetarians are sexy.
Solar power is the wave of the future.
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #58
I only have three useable accounts, each with 100+ posts in them. I could sell one of them, I guess. IMAGE(biggrin1.gif)

--------------------
Chance Forums
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #59
Also DO do what RC did - at least for the first month, stop karma rating on it. At least until the resentment dies down. Alternatively you could just NOT rub peoples' faces in it. ...?? NAH!

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #60
quote:
Originally written by A little or an enormous lot?:

Personally, I think post count is a very good rubric for judging someone's personal worth, as well as their influence and probable wealth.

?Alorael, who thinks post count does count for something, although only to a point. Those with only five posts are less than likely to be valued community members. Unfortunately, that breaks down with all the new accounts. And then there are the Alcritas-like valued members who are mainly present elsewhere.

I think it doesn't matter at all. There could be people with 1000 posts, mainly drivel that are just that - post whores.
Then there could be a person with 10 posts, each one of them helpful to another.
Then there could be someone with a split, helpful vs. other posts, but who's counting IMAGE(smile002.gif)

--------------------
Scandalous Stories, fishing,and great photos
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #61
Someone with only 5 posts, no matter how wonderful, is not really a fixture of Spiderweb life. It really takes 50-100 to establish oneself here, depending on how and what you post. There are exceptions, of course, but you need to get your words said before anyone knows you at all.

?Alorael, who doesn't think there's anything to distinguish one obscenely large number of posts from another. Except for his specific obscenely large number, which obviously proves him to be a stunning specimen of middle-aged manhood.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #62
So some guy lurks for a year, registers, asks his question, gets it answered, then continues to lurk doesn't understand this board?
This board is no different from other boards. People are obsessed with post count and how soon they joined after the board opened.

Don't get me wrong, post count surely has some meaning, but it can't be used to judge people overall. To say that someone is a noob or stupid or otherwise based somely on postcount is silly IMAGE(smile002.gif)

--------------------
Scandalous Stories, fishing,and great photos
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #63
Timing, on the other hand, matters. This is after all referred to as a community. Long tenure is also a sign of a thick skin and a level head. It also indicates that the member is more likely not to be a moron, since intelligent members will not meet with the same ire and be driven away. Which is not to say they'll meet with no ire. Aside from which, I can't tell plenty of new members apart and don't want to so I'm happy with this form of elitism. Although it's not member number that counts. There are plenty with low member numbers who I still consider new and stupid.

Post count is worse than useless. If you want to count an inability to know when to shut up as a sign of wisdom, you need your head seeing to.

--------------------
"I particularly like the part where he claims not to know what self-aggrandisement means, then demands more wing-wongs up his virgin ass"
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #64
Once again, I say that very few people become distinguishable individuals in only a few posts, and most of those who do succeed quickly do it through infamy, not fame. Lurking may let you know what's going on, but it won't help anyone get to know you.

?Alorael, who supposes he ought to let the matter drop. But hey, he's a thick-skinned old timer, so he can take some ire.
Warrior
Member # 1856
Profile Homepage #65
There is another thing to consider as well. If you attempt to judge someone by post count, then one of those "godlike" posters who have like a 5000 post count, simply forgets their password after having to leave for a month for whatever reason. Then when they come back under a new name and dont cat like a newbie, other dewbies get offended and a flaaming war erupts. then an admin struggle, well the same thing happend at the TAN boards, and now there closed. around 250,00 topics.

[ Friday, May 28, 2004 18:29: Message edited by: CyberWolf ]

--------------------
Please visit the RP Paridise. rgf-network!

The chance of someone looking at you is directly proportonal to the stupidity of your act.

The idea is not to give your life for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #66
People get offended when others do not act like newbies? If there's one trait which is almost synonymous with newbies, it's heinous stupidity (those who don't display this rapidly stop being considered newbies.) Besides, this is what mods are for.

--------------------
"I particularly like the part where he claims not to know what self-aggrandisement means, then demands more wing-wongs up his virgin ass"
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #67
Now, the real trick is to post a lot and still act stupidly. A sign of great self-esteem, it is, and also of the born ability to know where the line is drawn. Writing an intelligent and good post know and then isn't even a challenge.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #68
Hmm... intriguing thoeries all. But if another invisible newb takes 4444, in 6 users time, I am going to *expletive deleted for sake of innocent children (SW users? Innocent children? Don't make me laugh!) and small furry animals. Especially the kittens*.

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 4444
Profile #69
V! V! V! VICTORY!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #70
STAND UP TO THE VICTORY!
V!
V!
V!
UP YOURS, NIXON!

--------------------
Rate My Scenarios!
Streila Spies
Unbalanced Accounts
Inn of Blades
Echoes
Echoes: Assault
Echoes: Black Horse
Echoes: Pawns
Bandits
Echoes: Combat/Skirmish
Two Strands
Bandits II: Ballad of the Red Star
Roses of Reckoning (BoE)
Corporeus
The Claim
Roses of Reckoning (BoA)
Nebulous Times Hence
Emerald Mountain
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #71
Moved here by me. Because some-one likes playing around with the topics:

DANG YOU IMBAN EAT YOUR SOCKS!! IMAGE(mad00000.gif) IMAGE(mad00000.gif) IMAGE(mad00000.gif)

Question is, now that you have this prestigious account AND at least one other "puppet" caused by trying, what was the point?! :rolleyes:

And to have some relevance to Spiderweb... ahm... (I know!) I hear BoA was upgraded recently. Go upgrades! IMAGE(biggrin1.gif)

EDIT: In addition, it is not nice closing a topic forcing me to start a new one and then open it again just after I finish! :rolleyes:

EDIT2: The losers are as follows (go on, own up people, we know who you are!): imby1 (hmm... I wonder who this could be? IMAGE(smile002.gif) ), dongscarab (not a clue to be honest), ReOL GaMAR (my bet would be TGM, maybe Dolney, possibly VWM), AN ABLIS (again, unsure), PainElement (ditto). Of course folks, there was only one winner in this contest, give it up (the heavier and more likely to cause a haemorrage, the better IMAGE(biggrin1.gif) ) for your winner and mod - Imban 4444!!

EDIT3: (and my last) Amazingly enough, number 4445 is not someone who missed the bandwagon. It is in fact, it would appear, a genuine user! *shock horror*!

[ Saturday, May 29, 2004 15:12: Message edited by: FatBatMonkey ]

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #72
IMBAN IS AN ABLIS

--------------------
I'd be tender, I'd be gentle
And awful sentimental
Regarding love and art
I'd be friends with the sparrows
And the boy who shoots the arrows,
If I only had a heart.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4000
Profile Homepage #73
Welcome, Imban, to the club of 31337 #'s

Next elite number will have to be #5000, but that's just going to be another day... IMAGE(cool0000.gif)

EDIT: Having a banana party -

_
//\
V \
\ \_
\,'.`-.
|\ `. `.
( \ `. `-. _,.-:\
\ \ `. `-._ __..--' ,-';/
\ `. `-. `-..___..---' _.--' ,'/
`. `. `-._ __..--' ,' /
`. `-_ ``--..'' _.-' ,'