I see a pattern emerging...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: I see a pattern emerging...
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #0
I have been looking through some of the earlier member accounts (yes, I was THAT bored IMAGE(eek00000.gif) ) and have noticed something - it would appear that with the exception of our really well-loved group of regular-posting oldies (not being sarcastic(!) Honest(!) IMAGE(biggrin0.gif) ), there are literally hundreds of accounts which have either been used maximum of half a dozen times, or in fact have never been used at all...

Therefore I created a poll based on this.

Poll Information
This poll contains 3 question(s). 56 user(s) have voted.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=ggBLlEqzTpln"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=ggBLlEqzTpln"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow0.gif)     IMAGE(voteresu.gif)

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

In conclusion, quack, moooo and phenonemenonmenonnon... Oh Poo.

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Ultimate_RP/index.php Try it!
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #1
This poll doesn't make any sense. You know as well as I do that most of the accounts here were created by Jeff Vogel to pump up the membership numbers.

--------------------
Beatoff Valley: A story told out of order.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
Invisible newbies are Arctic chow. No more explanation is necessary.

?Alorael, who thinks it would explain a lot if Arctic was actually consuming bits of faux Jeff for all these years.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #3
Meh. I always rather liked polls like this...don't ask me why. And isn't Spiderweb Software all about spontaneous spiders? Or rather giant friendly ones?

By the way, Alorael, nice job. Love the title.

--------------------
Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #4
Whole point, Djur, was that while you obviously say yes to the first, Vogel would have no reason to do so. Think about it. He's trying to make money, not spend more cash on the bandwith costs. And yet they are there.

First was to query this. Second to ask if members were merely doubling accounts. Third because it needed it. (Well not really, but I thought I had a third question to start with and then found that I didn't and was too lazy to go back and change it.)

EDIT: talking of conspiracies, there have been an unusally large number of users voting on this in such a short time, coincidentally, there have been a large number of votes of "lagotry". Hmm... conincidince? Probably with my recent behaviour. Terribly sorry.

[ Tuesday, May 04, 2004 16:45: Message edited by: FatBatMonkey ]

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #5
Well, good. Acknowledgement of the problem is the first step to solving it.

This reminds me, though - the weather balloon is getting kind of low on fuel. How can we deliver the payload on schedule without propulsion? For that matter, do we have a schedule?

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1814
Profile #6
I have a dirty secret, I actually have 2 accounts. But don't blame me! When I first came to these message boards I had a really old computer and the worst modem. I signed for one account but the computer crashed. Thinking that it didn't go through, I asked for another. I never knew I had 2 accounts until I got 2 E-mails saying so. I don't even remember the password for the other one, I never used it.

If you ever find it please delete it.

Edit: that reminds me, I also like these polls.

[ Tuesday, May 04, 2004 17:36: Message edited by: GremlinJoe ]

--------------------
The great light bulb converses its thoughts in a fashion most particular to its complicated nature.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #7
I only have one, as I want everyone to know who's responsible

--------------------
Scandalous Stories, fishing,and great photos
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #8
I actually DO know a guy called Sven but he is a hairdresser.

--------------------
"Heads don't roll, they bounce!"

Want to find out how nasty you really are? visit:www.thespark.com now!

Also look at my site here
This is also a good site
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #9
quote:
For that matter, do we have a schedule?
There is no schedule, but fueling would be appreciated.

--------------------
Polaris
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by FatBatMonkey:

Whole point, Djur, was that while you obviously say yes to the first, Vogel would have no reason to do so. Think about it. He's trying to make money, not spend more cash on the bandwith costs. And yet they are there.

I had no idea that unused accounts steal enormous amounts of bandwidth.

--------------------
- The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #11
They do, however, take up space in the database, which IIRC was part of the problem.

Not very much, of course, but some.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #12
Ah, but you mis-understand my comment. The whole point was that if people posting on the boards increases costs, he would not wish to encourage new members.

A barber is a type of hairdresser... :confused:

Though I was expecting a few more in the "lagot" category, it would appear that this poll has had reasonable success. It also proves that some people here DO have a sense of humour. I am, however, quite surprised at the number of people who have voted on this. 37 in what, 13 hours?

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 60
Profile #13
I am an older account (back in the day of the first boards...), but I still come around IMAGE(smile000.gif) My area of expertise is Exile 2 and A1 and 2, so most people don't see my posts.

--------------------
"Insanity is okay, but stupidity is inexcusable." -Kenda Nicole Brand

Jacob say, "Man who smoke pot, choke on handle." -Jacob Doran
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #14
So what you're telling us is that Jeff should restrict his supporters from supporting him, to save a bit of money? Sure, why not.

Also, I'm too lazy to count all my previous accounts. You do the maths.

[ Wednesday, May 05, 2004 10:19: Message edited by: KommandoV ]

--------------------
- The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #15
Well THAT is open to interpretation.

I know of at least two TGM. Well I'm pretty sure the second is yours aswell. You probably have/had more but... bleh, feh, meh.

I am, however, again amazed - in the third question, "French?" has almost overtaken "Lagot etc.". Point being - There are people I haven't managed to accidentaly P off?! Since when?

EDIT: TGM, if you have been paying attention, you'll notice that in the last week I've managed to find myself in arguments with at least half a dozen people (and have probably aggravated at least a dozen more for that).

About three, four months ago I managed this again. It's an unfortuante habit. I also know that certain people such as Alec (probably Maaya aswell. UA if he's still around, after the... ahm, "discussion" had with him) seem to take a dislike to me. Don't know why. I have made several enemies however I put it.

Which I really find quite odd as I try to stay out of trouble as much as possible. The slightest remark seems to set people off. (Remember that "fun discussion" in "*bangs head on desk*"?) Oh well... IMAGE(biggrin0.gif) .

[ Wednesday, May 05, 2004 10:44: Message edited by: FatBatMonkey ]

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #16
You know, that last sentence is just picking blood from your nose.

And yes, I've indeed had many more than two.

--------------------
- The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #17
I think the problem is when you're not trying to stay out of trouble all that pent-up idiocy bursts free.

--------------------
"I particularly like the part where he claims not to know what self-aggrandisement means, then demands more wing-wongs up his virgin ass"
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #18
I know of 3 TGM-accounts. I've got the table right here, and it's less than one tenth complete in total. So statistically, I'd bet there are 2-3 more that I've not found.

Regarding fueling... I would like to continue some work on our endeavour, but my IB exams take priority right now. IMAGE(wink0000.gif)

--------------------
Visit The Santharian Dream and its RP board. Or the Encyclopaedia Ermariana!
Got a brain? Go to Polaris!
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
To a conspiracy for downfall and desperance
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey (freely translated)
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #19
Well, that's probably about right. Not the biggest collection I know of, but still quite stupidly large...

As for the ballon, if refuelling is deemed impossible, then how about replacing the current propulsion system with really flatulent gerbils? IMAGE(biggrin0.gif)

--------------------