Pssst... it's a secret

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Pssst... it's a secret
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #0
*in a hushed voice*

Everyone, gather 'round. Notice that Alorael's post count is very near 7500? That means he's almost Your Postliness. And he's claimed (here, among other places) that he won't post the final post that would put him at the Postliness mark. So let's all conspire to get him to post more so that we can trick him into going over the Postliness count without meaning to.

But don't TELL him about it. Shhh. It's a secret.

Hee hee hee...

--------------------
Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!! (The home of BoA's HLPM, newly updated to v1.1!)

Rate my scenarios!
Northern Kingdom 0: Prologue
High Level Party Maker
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #1
Knowing the ole ragamuffin, Alorael will probably post another 25 times to make it one off and then go into a huge lurk.

And you know you could've been a little more subtle. Like PMing people to say this or posting it on an obscure board which he doesn't mod.

Ah, why I am I complaining? Me subtle? Pfaugh!

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

In conclusion, quack, moooo and phenonemenonmenonnon... Oh Poo.

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Ultimate_RP/index.php Try it!
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #2
FOR ALORAEL THERE ARE NO SECRETS

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 2123
Profile #3
Or I could beat Alorael and get to Your Postliness first. =P Only 7,452 more posts to go.

--------------------
With his last breath he took in more power then any Guardian could hold, then with a scream of pain and furry he unleashed it all to form a barrier betwen the Mantia and the Darkness.
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #4
But they have to be posts with content. Not pointless posts, like I'm afraid this one is. Better think fast. Anyway, is there a title after the 7500-post one, or would he stay like that for eternity? I confess to an odd reluctance to type the actual title. It's great being me--a new quirk to discover every day!
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by dareva:

Anyway, is there a title after the 7500-post one, or would he stay like that for eternity?
Heaven is a beautiful place...lalalala[/wierd music and singing]

--------------------
Chance Forums
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
There is currently no title after you know what, but Drakey might decide to fix that if it ever becomes a problem. Then again, if it ever becomes a problem, we'll have more to worry about than just that.

Anyway, the situation is becoming serious. I am in danger of going over my self-imposed limit. I will not do so. Therefore, I have reached an impasse, quite literally. I can't pass 7500 without making a liar of myself.

I hope that Drakey sees the truth before it is too late. A custom title is the only way to avoid disaster. If he cannot be swayed, perhaps Stareye will do the right thing. And if he refuses as well, then my course is clear.

?Alorael, who almost hopes the admins decide to be curmudgeons just so he can find a dastardly plot to make them rue the day they failed to provide a simple custom title. Almost. But then he sees that Holy Grail, that title, before him, and he knows that there is no plot that can replace it in his heart, no matter how many dark, smoke-filled rooms may be involved.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #7
A dastardly plot would be really great. I'm all for those.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
I swear, Drakey should give him "Your Postliness" as a custom title.

Alorael, why are you so opposed to having the aforementioned title? I've read you discussing how you refuse to have it, but I've never known why.

EDIT: And no one answer this but him. I want to hear HIS explanation *wink wink hint hint say no more*

[ Sunday, April 25, 2004 20:24: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!! (The home of BoA's HLPM, newly updated to v1.1!)

Rate my scenarios!
High Level Party Maker
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #9
Ah, but as the administrator, I have more than a few tricks up my sleeve.

IMAGE(img00000.htm)And how can you say no?

[ Monday, April 26, 2004 02:39: Message edited by: Drakefyre ]

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #10
IMAGE(laugh000.jpg)

No, not really.

[ Monday, April 26, 2004 07:28: Message edited by: Custer El Banjo Sodomo ]

--------------------
- The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #11
Good reasons are for wimps. I do this for the sake of doing it!

?Alorael, who isn't even quite sure that he has done anything besides issue vague but ambiguously dire proclamations. Shall they be borne out? Only time (with Drakey's help) will tell!
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #12
Why would Drakey do a thing like that?

I don't think you've ever said whether you'd accept Your Postliness as a custom title or not. Well?

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

In case of emergency, break glass.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #13
quiet, you! we don't want Alorael to notice until it's too late, now you ruined it! -_-

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shock Trooper
Member # 1217
Profile Homepage #14
That was WEIRD I thought for SURE I saw Alorael with the title Your Postliness... Maybe a hint of things to come :rolleyes:

--------------------
ALBATROSS!!!
-John Cleese
!!!Long live Monty Python!!!

Not a Chance!

Long Live The Weather Balloons!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #15
Well, you're mistaken. Alorael did have that title a couple years ago, before I rearranged the posting levels.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #16
We need to save our Alorael!!! Send a SAE with £10(english) to:

My House
England

if you want to help. And Drakey, do I smell Paint Shop Pro??

--------------------
Please visit Random Stupidity to see the amazing Spamness, or the wonderful-seven-posts-in-a-row-topic. And have fun!

Bod rules!!

Thus endeth this post.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #17
I don't recall ever having the title of Your Postliness. The highest rank was Veteran until the new titles came in.

?Alorael, who is creeping onward and upward. The crisis beckons!
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #18
quote:
Originally written by SupaNik:

And Drakey, do I smell Paint Shop Pro??
Right-click on the image, get the URL, knock off the end bit, go there.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #19
At this rate, within a week, within perhaps even days, Alorael will do something dire, something of which we have only vague and ominous hints. My prediction?

Drakefyre comes home from kindergarten.
Drakey: My, my, fingerpainting sure was swell today. Let's see what's on the boards.
He lets out a mighty dragon gasp.
Drakey: Golly gee whiz, what happened to the boards? Where are they? Mariann! Mariaaaaaaaaaann!!
The boards have vanished. They are nowhere to be found. Worse, his computer is frozen. Its hard drive is rapidly deleting itself.
Drakey: And I was almost finished with RiB, too!! *wails*
And all he can do is watch. He stares in horror at the computer screen, which reads, in the same dire font that still, to this day, heads the Misc board: "Deep down, you KNOW you should've given Alorael a custom title."

[ Tuesday, April 27, 2004 10:53: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------

Rate my scenarios!
High Level Party Maker
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #20
Wow. I don't think Alorael would do that. We will probably concoct some non-evil scheme, such as firing elastic bands at the boards, from a distance of several feet!

--------------------
Please visit Random Stupidity to see the amazing Spamness, or the wonderful-seven-posts-in-a-row-topic. And have fun!

Bod rules!!

Thus endeth this post.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #21
FUN!

[ Wednesday, April 28, 2004 01:27: Message edited by: Custer El Banjo Sodomo ]

--------------------
- The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #22
While that would be extremely amusing, I think it unlikely, Alorael will probably just switch to another account, probably already has one, quite a few of the oldies do.

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

In conclusion, quack, moooo and phenonemenonmenonnon... Oh Poo.

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Ultimate_RP/index.php Try it!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #23
I actually have no accounts besides this one. Yes, a terrible flaw, I know. As I posted elsewhere, I just don't think an account switch would be in any way unique or meaningful.

I briefly considered shutting down General, but then I realized that that might cause more trouble than I really want to bring about.

So... one post left. The truth will be seen soon enough.

?Alorael, who thinks it is fitting that his last post as Postmaster General is in this topic. So he'll take a moment to say farewell, title! It's been a great having you, and no stupid Your Postliness will ever replace you. Sniffles, sobs, and all that...
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #24
Alorael posted his 7499th post in *my* topic. I WIN! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Seriously, though, what will he do? I am quite curious.

--------------------

Rate my scenarios!
High Level Party Maker

Pages