Looking for someone

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Looking for someone
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #0
As the title suggests, I am trying to obtain an email address or web link to the author of a game called "The Night's Chill". I got it on a CD ages ago, but am stuck and need help. Or, if that is beyond you fine people, is there a link to the website of the game. I have already googled it - to no avail.

--------------------
Thus endeth this post.

Please visit Random Stupidity to see the amazing Spamness, or the wonderful-seven-posts-in-a-row-topic. And have fun!
Infiltrator
Member # 3776
Profile Homepage #1
Have you tried Alta vista or Ask Jeeves.

--------------------
Some stupid laws

If it is mine,it is mine.
If I had it a second ago,it is mine
If it looks like it is mine it is mine.
If it is your's and you keep it down,it becomes mine.
If I like something,it is mine
If I see something,then it is mine.

Please click here
Do not visit this Page

Want to visit the misc.boards-This is the only WAY

-Stinging Munster
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #2
Neither is usually as useful as Google.

Doesn't a logo appear somewhere in the game-credits, or suchlike? That could help you...

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Apprentice
Member # 4025
Profile Homepage #3
I checked the first 20 pages of Google searching for "The Night's Chill" and found no reference to computer games.

--------------------
All hail to me, for my best time in MineSweeper is 150 :)
The Supreme Rule
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #4
There is an email address in the credits, but it doesn't work. Or he isn't answering...

--------------------
Thus endeth this post.

Please visit Random Stupidity to see the amazing Spamness, or the wonderful-seven-posts-in-a-row-topic. And have fun!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
If you didn't get the email bounced back to you as undeliverable, he probably just isn't answering.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Shock Trooper
Member # 3980
Profile Homepage #6
What is the email address?
Any name or company mentioned, e.g. in the copyright notice?
If we cannot get at the game, let us try to go for the author or whoever owns of the copyright.
Have you looked into the binary with a hex editor.? Sometimes there are interesting char strings at the very end of the file.

[ Friday, March 05, 2004 05:17: Message edited by: yet another procrastinator ]

--------------------
Wisdom grows from trying to find structure in our experience - looking backwards in time - while living goes forward.
Theories are expectations that help us live forward - like possible ways to put the mosaic together. If they are worth the effort to remember, they should predict something and in case the prediction does not work out with time they should autodestruct.
And then there is something that we cannot test - something we have inherited in form of customs, attitudes, culture and the spirit of stories told and retold - that is like our individual SQUARE ONE.
This runs deeper than we can know.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #7
I'm not sure what an hex editor is. Sounds illegal though...

The guys name is apparently Paul D Rotter, which I doubt, if that helps. There is an address to somewhere in Germany for sending donations, but I have recieved no mail from him yet. The game is freeware, and was made by him.

The game does have a sequel, the Sands of Time/Eternity or something obscure like that.

--------------------
Thus endeth this post.

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
Googling "night's chill" along with "sands of time" just results in bad goth poetry and Xena slash fiction. I wish I were surprised by this.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Shock Trooper
Member # 3980
Profile Homepage #9
quote:

I'm not sure what an hex editor is. Sounds illegal though...
A hexeditor lets you see the machine code byte by byte and also the string data that the program uses. A full function evaluation 30day license from http://www.bpsoft.com/downloads/index.html
should do.
Don't worry, doing anything illigal with a hexeditor -like reverse engineering a key code etc. - requires considerable skill and patience.
However, as you have the name, the best way would be contact.
quote:
The guys name is apparently Paul D Rotter, which I doubt, if that helps. There is an address to somewhere in Germany for sending donations

What address? Let's check.

EDIT:
Could it be this guy:
IMAGE(Looking for someone_files/us_small.jpg)

wrote this scenario or game:
http://www.rotterware.us/Thief/TheHole/TheHole.html

Try to write to eepcat@aol.com

[ Monday, March 08, 2004 09:22: Message edited by: yet another procrastinator ]

--------------------
Wisdom grows from trying to find structure in our experience - looking backwards in time - while living goes forward.
Theories are expectations that help us live forward - like possible ways to put the mosaic together. If they are worth the effort to remember, they should predict something and in case the prediction does not work out with time they should autodestruct.
And then there is something that we cannot test - something we have inherited in form of customs, attitudes, culture and the spirit of stories told and retold - that is like our individual SQUARE ONE.
This runs deeper than we can know.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #10
Seems like it would be easier to beat the game without help...

Nik, why do you doubt that that's his name?

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Incaseofemergency,breakglass.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #11
I just don't think thats him - I'm a very doubting sort of person. Well after searching through tons of web addresses on google I finally found an e-mail address!! Yay!! I'll try it right away...

Edit: Thanks for your help people!

[ Tuesday, March 09, 2004 04:16: Message edited by: SupaNik ]

--------------------
Thus endeth this post.

Warrior
Member # 4034
Profile #12
Well I hope you find this guy. I hope he doesn't think your stocking him either... IMAGE(Looking for someone_files/wink.gif)
*I forgot to celebrate my level up*

*Gets on Stage*
*does brief Journeyman Jiggy*
*Buff* *Buff* *Wheeze* *Wheeze*
*Bows*
thank you for attending my brief party
*Walks of Stage*

--------------------
"When one thinks to him or herself about who they really are, They usually come out of it empty handed for the question be -not who am i-, but -what have i acheived?-"

Experimental forum
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #13
Congrats to you sir!

Its kinda strange that its not a single reference to the game anywhere, ya?

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849