Family

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Family
Shock Trooper
Member # 3862
Profile #0
Does anyone in here have family that is a little unique. Im saying this because more then half of my entire family is deaf and I was wondering if anybody else here has deaf family or is deaf themselves(note:Im not deaf but my parents are along with most of my family)

--------------------
Legends tell that Avernum,
Is a gateway to the underworld,
from which the dead never return,
Well thats a lie because im here now aren't I.
--------------------------------
"Never get into a fight with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #1
Not that I know of.

--------------------
73|-| 1|\|\/1|\|<1|3|_3 |30063y|\/|4|\|

AHEM: Chance Forums!

-Reality Corp.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #2
My family is rather average, all things considered. One dog, five cats, two point four children. How, exactly, you get point four children is a little muddy with most people; suffice it to say that one of these children is actually a large, principally fungal homonculus of whom the two others lived in perpetual fear for a few years and have since viewed with little more than occasional unease.
My paternal grandfather was a flying ace in the RAF, although it is worthy of note that the title of 'ace' was awarded to him more out of pity than respect; he killed seven pelicans escaped from the Berlin Zoo after an intense bombing, and destroyed the Dutch air force in its nascent entirety in a freak interrupting-gear accident. The identity of my paternal grandmother is entirely uncertain, although we have come to believe her to be the principality of Nizhny Novgorod.
My maternal grandparents were distinguished ex-carnies who, in the greatest espionage caper of the 20th century, leaked Soviet nuclear secrets to America. The Soviet Union, as well as all former Soviet repbublics with the sole exception of Kazakhstan, have hanged them in effigy, as did the People's Republic of China, although this was denounced by Taiwan in 1955 and China itself in 1984.
My father and his elderly Mongolian manservant, Hu Tzao, were bandmates of current prime minister Tony Blair for a brief time in the 1970s. They called their band 'The Sex Pistols' until it was broken up over a matter of copyright infringement.
My female relatives on both sides of the family are subject to fits of mass ovulation, which has been known to cause births in a cluster in August; one such organized birth was engineered in such a way to cause a butterfly to panic in the highest mountains of Chile, which, according to chaos theory, was what caused James Brown to drop his would-be successful plot to assassinate Pierre Elliot Trudeau. The unfortunate side-effect was that he instead assassinated Salvador Allende.
My mother is prone to flights of seasonal lucidity, in which she claims Colonel Sanders was given aluminum testicles to replace those he lost in the Spanish-American war and blames Richard Nixon for the brief prominence of the Guomindang during the Japanese invasion of China. It was in one of these seasonal fits of lucidity in which I was born, at which point Jupiter achieved perihelion and Sunny Bono's penis suddenly and permanently assumed the exact shape and size of a Shetland terrier. It is believed that this is what caused his fatal skiing accident, not to mention the frequent accounts of beastiality.
One of my paternal uncles is known to smoke ganja and engage in violent sodomy with David Gilmour, and has been considering purchasing the head of Kurt Cobain for nefarious purposes. Two of my maternal uncles have been locked in a blood-duel for the Black Antipapacy of the Ukraine since October 13, 2002; my maternal aunt is, for whatever reason, unique in our family by means of being directly related to Adolf Hitler -- by means I cannot be certain of and do not wish to divulge in any case -- and to celebrate this, she cultivates a toothbrush moustache.
On my spare time, I interpret scrolls left to my double-paternal great-grandfather written in several obscure codes by a wandering gypsy. I have made quite a breakthrough, I believe, hindered only by the fact that I do not speak a solitary word of Columbian-dialect Spanish, to which the manuscript decodes.

As I said, perfectly average.

[ Friday, February 13, 2004 17:17: Message edited by: Full Frontal Nudity Custer ]

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #3
I was actually believing that up until the pelicans.

--------------------
who?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #4
Welcome to the post-modernist world.

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 464
Profile #5
I know someone from my previous term's English class whose family is left-handed, and he's the only one who writes with his right hand.

--------------------
You go girl!
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #6
That would probably be more common if it weren't for children being stopped writing with their left hands until the middle of the 20th century. Since both my father and myself are left-handers, I'm certain one of my paternal grandparents must be. Nowadays, it's just a matter of genetics.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #7
I'm right-handed. I love my right hand, oh yes I do!

^_^

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
That's funny. I've always thought of TM as a sinister figure.

—Alorael, whose family is no more than one standard deviation away from average.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #9
My immediate family is respectable, quite intelligent, and reasonably normal as a whole. As for my extended family, we have as many quarrels, long-lived grudges, and vendettas as any other family would. The fact that we're spread all over the place makes it not all that important that very few of us get along, but it also makes resolution of such longstanding problems very difficult, bordering on impossible.

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Lifecrafter
Member # 233
Profile #10
Hey! I'm left handed! My family is very strange. I won't list all of the physical and mental diseases that were lovingly passed down to my generation, but it's a rather long list. IMAGE(Family_files/rolleyes.gif) I do happen to know a family whith three deaf people in it. It's probably some inherited DNA mutation or something.

quote:
My maternal grandparents were distinguished ex-carnies
My maternal grandfather actually was a carnie, though not very distinguished. He left my grandmother after discovering that she was an unmedicated nutcase. He was (or so I hear from my mother) quite a character, possesing at least two names and a variety of nicknames. I have come up with several explainations for this on my own, and none of them so far seem to be something you would want to say in a eulogy. IMAGE(Family_files/rolleyes.gif)

[ Sunday, February 15, 2004 17:48: Message edited by: antisocialdragon ]

--------------------
I'm just too selfish to be Zen. I mean, once you lose yourself and reach total enlightenment you don't care what the answer was in the first place. Ultimately a few good friends and a bag of Doritos is a better investment.

There is no such thing as an over-active imagination.

Hmm... These games are addictive and quite possibly dangerous. I fear the FDA will start regulating RPGs.
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #11
My extended family is distinguished by nothing so much as their tendency to marry really unsuitable people.

--------------------
But I have never known or heard of anyone in real life who has said, "Yes! My goal in life is to be a brainless follower of obnoxious people!"
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #12
holy crap, ASD still exists!

anyway, my family is quite normal except for the lack of living grandparents.

[ Sunday, February 15, 2004 19:29: Message edited by: Generic Wise Man ]

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
La Canaliste
DELETED
Member # 21
Profile #13
We are all normal. Yup, normal, and we'll come out and sacrifice anybody who says otherwise to the dark... *cof* as I was saying, nothing strange about us.

--------------------
KazeArctica: Oh yes.
KazeArctica: Oh YES
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #14
I neglected earlier to mention one very odd fact regarding my family: my parents' families are connected in two ways. Not only are my mother and father married, but my father's older sister is married to my mother's maternal uncle (lately deceased). I could explain all the odd ramifications caused by this double connection, but I'm sure they're rather simple to figure out. IMAGE(Family_files/wink.gif)

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #15
You're your own grandpa, aren't you.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #16
The ramifications aren't quite that extreme. IMAGE(Family_files/wink.gif) Just a few odd things, like being able to evaluate relationships with certain relatives from both sides of the equation. For example, if I look at things one way, I have a niece a year older than myself, whereas working from the other side of the "equation" causes her to assume the position of being my cousin.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #17
Edit: My tired brain can also, it seems not read your post before that last. Sorry for the dumb question.

[ Monday, February 16, 2004 10:07: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #18
Edit: My tired brain can also, it seems not read your post before that last. Sorry for the dumb question.

Edit 2: And not even hold the Reply and Edit buttons apart.

[ Monday, February 16, 2004 10:08: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #19
Well, there's certainly no true incest involved. However, I'm somewhat off in calling my 20-year old relation my "niece," as she's not a sibling's child, or anything of the sort. I'm just unsure as to how one would label one's cousin's child.

EDIT: And it wasn't a dumb question; she isn't my niece by the strict definition, anyway.

[ Monday, February 16, 2004 10:10: Message edited by: A Stughalfian Principle ]

--------------------
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #20
My family is normal by my standards. I guess it's normal enough by anyone else's standards too.

About left-handedness: I'm a righty, but every now and then I try writing with my left hand. I find it much easier to write with my left hand backwards. Can you lefties write backwards easily, or does that not come naturally?

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #21
Although my family isn't complicated in the same way as Stughalf's, my father's aunt is a year younger than he is. However, his mother gave birth to him when she was nineteen, so it's not that strange.

--------------------
who?
Warrior
Member # 1892
Profile #22
My ansester got off a boat in new york, told to go find a job. He didn't do badly, exept where he blunderd up, and, through law and marrige, the line eventualy had me! My family is rather wierd, but I would prefur not the reveal the strange nature of my real family, as I still have to deal with them, and one of them might just see this post over my ah, shoulder. (If anyone asks, this topic is about how schools should really be run by cows)
g2g
~IWTH

--------------------
Share this Dragon
If you do,
Then Lucky End
For them and You
-----------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
—Alorael, whose addiction is going strong. The nice thing about liquid skribbane extract is that it's far more concentrated. It only takes a few gallons to get his fix, whereas chewing leaves would take forever. Literally.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fall under the shadow
Warrior
Member # 1892
Profile #23
My ansester got off a boat in new york, told to go find a job. He didn't do badly, exept where he blunderd up, and, through law and marrige, the line eventualy had me! My family is rather wierd, but I would prefur not the reveal the strange nature of my real family, as I still have to deal with them, and one of them might just see this post over my ah, shoulder. (If anyone asks, this topic is about how schools should really be run by cows)
g2g
~IWTH

--------------------
Share this Dragon
If you do,
Then Lucky End
For them and You
-----------------

quote:
—Alorael, whose addiction is going strong. The nice thing about liquid skribbane extract is that it's far more concentrated. It only takes a few gallons to get his fix, whereas chewing leaves would take forever. Literally.

Fall under the shadow
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #24
I can sort of write [my name] legibly with my left hand... almost...
Unfortunately I haven't even attempted to write ørangutan.
My dad once knew another guy whose young daughter was left-handed and occasionally forgot which way to write and would write right-to-left in perfect mirror writing.

My family... hmmm... well...
First, anyway, we're all right-handed, except one of my cousins, but she's only one at the moment (or was she two...?). Me and my uncle were talking about that, and how if she ever wanted to play the guitar they'd have to get her a left-handed one or she'd find it difficult.
I have ten cousins, which may or may not be above average.
My mother has no brothers, her side of the family is four sisters.
My paternal grandmother was dead long before I was born, and her ex-husband when I was about one.
My maternal grandfather died three years ago, in September 2001, and his ex-wife is still alive and kicking (and I think she just retired).

My family is rather weird for birthdays; you can say something about almost all of them:
My maternal grandparents were born within a week of each other;
My brother has the same birthday as the same grandfather;
My mother is within two days of Christmas;
I was born on my parents' first anniversary;
My second-to-youngest cousin was born on New Year's Day, and my youngest was due on her mother's birthday;
Both their mothers have the same birthday (Mainly cos they're twins IMAGE(Family_files/tongue.gif) );
My other aunt and her daughter are one day after the other;
My dad has the same birthday as the Queen (21st of April), although he's like half her age (he's forty-something now);
Most of the family was born in the period of September-December.

And then there's other little complications, which I won't go into for similar raisins to IWTH (Remember: School should be run by cows, people!)

--------------------
~ørangutan

I want high-bit characters in my displayed name!!! :( :( :( (Or at least an exclamtion point!)

Eat pie!
BADGER!

Pages