Super Bowl XXXVIII

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Super Bowl XXXVIII
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #0
This is for all the Americans on this board. You watched the Super Bowl, it was an amazing game. It came down to who ever had the ball at then end. Panthers lost, I am extremely dissapointed because I live here in North Carolina. Who were you going for?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 15 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=iqBKuptqxzem"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=iqBKuptqxzem"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
"Wow, fish."
Hahahaha, I crack myself up.
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #1
Where's the "I went to church so I didn't watch the Superbowel" option?

--------------------
73|-| 1|\|\/1|\|<1|3|_3 |30063y|\/|4|\|

AHEM: Chance Forums!

-Reality Corp.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #2
I don't have anything against the Panthers, but since they're so new in the league I find it very difficult to cheer for them. I was going for the Patriots, although I wouldn't have been upset at all if the Panthers had won. The important thing was that the game was an enthralling one, although the commercials, in the modern trend, left quite a bit to be desired. The halftime show was even more sickening, and after barely five minutes I was forced to leave the room.

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #3
What was so bad about it? All I know is that Justin Timberlake tore off Janet Jackson's top.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #4
Just the usual stuff- a whole lot of lip-synched performances, which I detest, some rather disturbing bondage elements, outlandish sets, P. Diddy wearing the equivalent of 5 foxes around his neck, and an overdose of popular music. And I found the scene which you mentioned to be overdone and anything but sexy. If anything, it inspired no more than a mere shrug of the shoulders. Janet's just not hot, has gotten, predictably, less attractive with age, and, in my estimation, was never attractive in the first place. Luckily, the excitement of the game succeeded in overwhelming the vacuous stupidity of the show.

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #5
I was rooting for the Panthers, and I was disappointed in John Fox going for two points when he didn't have to, and it ultimately cost them the game.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #6
Patriots, because I live in New York. I was doing homework at the time, so "watching" would be an exaggeration, but I saw the winning kick. And the monkey commercial.

I didn't watch the half-time show... I came into the room, saw Justin Timberlake, and turned away in disgust.

Also, Slith, I'm at school - it's a check-circle. :P

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Warrior
Member # 3694
Profile #7
I didn't watch it - I don't generally like football - but I was secretly rooting for the Patriots. Good thing they won, it makes me not a looser. :P

But think about this: the Patriots are Pat Riots.

Bad joke, I know, but clever! :cool: And yes, it can be both.

[ Monday, February 02, 2004 06:37: Message edited by: Jame ]

--------------------
And that was exactly the point of itself.
Takes advantage of the easily offended.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #8
I never watch the games- watching undead on my computer screen tearing apart humans to the music of Ayumi Hamasaki followed by activities two years illegal for me to the music of Ayumi Hamasaki is much more entertaining. ^_^

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #9
I'm also a North Carolinian, so obviously I was going for the Panthers. I also never did quite like the Patriots...

Overall, the game was a good one. Very exciting, tense (if slow), full of great plays, and while the ending turned out bad, I must say I enjoyed it. It's hard to forgive some mistakes, but Delhomme's game was still top notch. As commentators stated, he acts so well under pressure, and thus made some great plays. I shouldn't go into to Kasey's last punt, but my... it was the worst thing he had in what was a fairly decent season for him. Patriots kicker (I don't even know his name) hardly deserved a game winning kick. Frankly, I find him hard to appreciate, even if I was a Patriot fan. It would have been nice to see an overtime, seeing that the Panthers are what, 5-1? in overtime wins?

Half-time show. One word: Suck. Overrated music, overrated "stars" lip-synching. As far as the stripping of Janet; it was obviously an accident, or she was not informed. Just look at her face. Not that the popularity didn't go to her head shortly after, she was in shock.

The commercials this year weren't THAT great. Cedrick the Entertainer getting a bikini wax actually made me laugh, and I'm not sure why. It wasn't that funny. The horse giving the lady a "fiery kiss" was just plain wrong. Be sure to check out the ad that started it all! It's on Apple's website, so check it out. "1984 won't seem like '1984'."

Final rating of XXXVIII: 9/10 (only because of the game). Next year... Panthers have got it!

--------------------
Fort Emergence Home of the [E.E.P.]

Rage and vengeance are minions of me. The fists of the Phoenix will strike the unrightious. It knows your weaknesses, and will strike with fury. The Demonslayer does not faulter.

With so many years ahead to fall in line, why would you wish down on me? What's my age again?
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Agent
Member # 798
Profile Homepage #10
Being from Boston you probably automatiucally know what team I was for. I was going to write this topic but I thought people who where not Superbowl fans and specifically not Patriots fans would get upset. However now that this topic has been created I will express my emotions. YAAAAAAAAAAAY. I am actually not into sports. But when the Patriots are in the Superbowl I can allways make a exception. If the Patriots become a Sports Dynasty that will change though. However I heard from a reliable sports source that a team must win Three out of five Superbowls to be technically considered a Dynasty. However this is starting to remind me of Celtics in there prime back in the late eighties. When I was growing up the Celtic Dynasty was comming to a close. But I still remember Larry Bird, Robert Parish, Kevin Mchail, and Dannie Ange. And ofcourse I remember the Magic-Bird Rivally. I actually saw a painting of Magic and Bird as babbies standing right next to each other, and Magic was pointing in the distance. I remember hating Mikel Jorden because The Jorden Dynasty came right after the Bird Dynasty. Now however I realize how great of a player Jordon was and I am glad I saw Jordon playing at The Fleet Centor in a Bulls-Celtics game when I was 9 back in 97. That was the last game Jordon played in the Fleet Centor right before he retired the second time. And as far as I'm concernded right at the end of his prime. Before he won his last championship with the Bulls. Allso later on down the line I am going to write a book about the Bird-Magic rivally, it will be called, "The Rivally". But that will be years down the road. And I think someone allready wrote a book about The Bird-Magic rivally. WOW, I am going to be able to tell alot to my children about sports storyes I saw in my generation. But for some reason I wasn't raised on Hockey. But I would have liked to have lived in the 70's during the Bobby Ore-Bruins Dynasty-era.

--------------------
Look Ma, I'm banned!