Your Max's

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Your Max's
Warrior
Member # 1460
Profile #0
Just out of curiosity . . . how much can you bench press, squat, and power clean?

EDIT: Say your wieght too, it makes a difference.

*If you don't know its probably time you found out, so get out there and see.

[ Monday, January 12, 2004 21:58: Message edited by: Cho Dan ]

--------------------
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!?!!
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #1
Bench - 125 lb.
Squat - 225 lb.
Power Clean - I haven't tried doing this yet. But I will try...

--------------------
73|-| 1|\|\/1|\|<1|3|_3 |30063y|\/|4|\|

AHEM: Chance Forums!

-Reality Corp.
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #2
Bench press - I don't have a bench
Squat - I don't need to, I have a toilet
Power Clean - I don't know, but my room is a mess

--------------------
Grammar wenches beware:
This is the house that the malt that the rat that the cat that the dog that the cow that the maiden that the man that the priest that the cock that the farmer kept waked married kissed milked tossed worried killed ate lay in.

My Website
desperance.net - Leave your sanity at the door
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Hmm. Does bench-pressing a stumpy vacuum cleaner count toward all three?

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Shock Trooper
Member # 1217
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Khoth:

Bench press - I don't have a bench
Squat - I don't need to, I have a toilet
Power Clean - I don't know, but my room is a mess

How I love this sort of humor.

--------------------
ALBATROSS!!!
-John Cleese
!!!Long live Monty Python!!!

Not a Chance!

Long Live The Weather Balloons!
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #5
The last time I attempted to bench press (around two-three years ago), I managed only to do 45 pounds (the bar). I've never attempted a squat, and have absolutely no idea as to what a power clean might be. I haven't so much as entered a weight room since my junior year of high school (I'm now a sophomore in college).

[ Tuesday, January 13, 2004 15:01: Message edited by: A Stughalfian Principle ]

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Warrior
Member # 1460
Profile #6
Bench - 220lbs
Squat - 340lbs
Power Clean - 175lbs
I wiegh 180lbs, sophomore in high school. I play football, so i do a lot of lifting in case any of you where wondering.

--------------------
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!?!!
Warrior
Member # 2978
Profile #7
We weren't.

--------------------
Contradictions get me everything I want.
Love is all. Love is Evil.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #8
Why is this a matter of interest? Do you really care whether somebody you only know by a personality you can't be certain is genuine can lift a certain weight or not?

I have no idea. Lifting weights is not my idea of a productive way to spend my time. My only sports are fencing, where dexterity and speed are more important (although I'm no more dextrous or fast than I am strong) and rugby, where I just try to get myself tangled up in their legs.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Warrior
Member # 3252
Profile #9
I'm sure it's an ego boost to someone.

--------------------
Learn About The Man Behind the Messiah.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #10
Bench: 110
Squat: 195-ish Never was very good at squat
Never power cleaned, or was very into lifting. Just was forced to do it for Freshman PE, and that's the last time I did. I weigh between 152 and 157, depending on my mood on the particular day.

--------------------
"... and approximately one sea turtle."
Warrior
Member # 1460
Profile #11
If I offended anyone, i apologize. Lifting is a big part of my life and I just wanted to dicuss it. I'm not looking for any kind of ego boost, I only wanted to talk about lifting, like other threads talk about music or peoples interests, or "how many push ups u can do in 2 minutes." If you knew me in person, you'd know i'm not a person who likes to show off or boast a lot, actions will speak for themselves. So if lifting isnt your thing i understand, life is too short to waste on things you don't like doing.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #12
Don't worry. Considering the "push ups in 2 minutes" topic was recently posted, I don't see why this should be so much worse. And you're completely right, this is no stupider than talking about any other interests.

This might not be the best place for discussing such things, however... :P Perhaps a lifting forum..?

I have no idea of my lifting capability. But I'm afraid I'm horribly bad at it.