Selling Spiderweb products abroad

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Selling Spiderweb products abroad
Apprentice
Member # 3469
Profile Homepage #0
Do ya think Spiderweb should try to sell abroad? For all I know, Spiderweb is currently targeting only the USA.

[ Friday, November 21, 2003 05:59: Message edited by: FeuFollet ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 24 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=cfBqlqqcGZEU"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=cfBqlqqcGZEU"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_windowIMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Selling Spiderweb products abroad1_files/votenow.gif)[/url]     IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Selling Spiderweb products abroad1_files/voteresults.gif)[/url]

--------------------
À très bientôt!
Goodbye fellows
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #1
Saying I don't care "of it" would be awkward and false idyom at best. You could say "I don't care", "I don't care about it" or "I don't care either way", but "I don't care of it" makes little sense when translitterated, regardless of how clever it would be in your tongue (tongue in this instance being idyomatic for "language").

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 3469
Profile Homepage #2
Too late to correct it...

Yes, indeed, saying "I don't care of it" was because I didn't reflected at all...

If you don't think a bit, small faults grow easily. But thanks to these faults, you easily guess whether the guy speaks English as mother tongue or not IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Selling Spiderweb products abroad1_files/wink.gif)

--------------------
À très bientôt!
Goodbye fellows
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #3
Uh, I'm finnish, and I'm here. I've also bought most of their games. I know many others who are not american and are loyal fans of SW. Jeff doesn't need to advertise abroad. Fans find him without.

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #4
Yup, you are talking kinda BS there FeuFollet. And you are from France yourself!

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Warrior
Member # 126
Profile Homepage #5
It seems that all you need to buy spiderweb games is knowledge of their existence, the required funds, and a lot of patience, for it takes a while for things to get mailed to you.

Also, praying that the cold winter temperatures do not destroy the game disc couldn't hurt. Unless the powers that be really hate you, and do the opposite of whatever you pray for. In which case you should pray that the disc does explode, and then you could pray that I never ever get rich.

I know it's confusing, almost as confusing as time warps and space bendings, but it should work out for the best. Either that, or the dimensional shamblers should be arriving at your home momentarily to devour you.

Hey everybody! Who wants to play the "Make absolutely no bloody sense" game with me?

--------------------
Check out the DIARY, why doncha? It won't bite. Probably.

"We were heart companions,
We were companions in the woods,
We were fellows of the same bed,
Where we used to sleep the balmy sleep.
After mortal battles abroad,
In countries many and far distant,
Together we used to practice, and go
Through each forest, learning with Scathach".
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
The wonderful thing about the internet is that anyone can buy Spiderweb games from anywhere. The CD's may take a while to come, but registration by email is just as quick no matter where you live.

—Alorael, who does think that translation would help. But that's expensive and a huge amount of work, both of which make it unlikely for a small shareware company.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 3469
Profile Homepage #7
Indeed, selling through Internet is incredibly easy.

But one rule of selling is to get being known by customers... hence a need of advertising. Unless you advertise correctly, nobody will buy your products, even if they're sold by internet.

--------------------
À très bientôt!
Goodbye fellows
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
As far as I know, Spiderweb doesn't pay for any advertising. All its publicity is by word of mouth and from reviews on third-party sites.

—Alorael, who is sure Jeff would be happy to advertise everywhere as long as he didn't have to pay for it.
Warrior
Member # 3390
Profile #9
If ordering is the topic, i have some question about it.

1. If i order Nethergate, how long do i have to wait till it arrives at eastern europe?

2. Can i transfer money directly to Jeff´s bank account? I dont have a credit card, paypal, nor fax, cd-s cant be emailed IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Selling Spiderweb products abroad1_files/tongue.gif) and im NOT gonna send money in an envelope (lost 40£ that way).

--------------------
Call 1-800-NOT-1337
--------------------
Disturbing the dead since 1986.
--------------------
All your ass are belong to ME!
--------------------
NEVER underestimate your enemies
Never OVERestimate your friends
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #10
1. A few weeks, probably.

2. You could pay by cheque or international money order. Not sure what the situation is where you live, but here in Australia you can get an international money order at any major post office and all you need is the appropriate amount of cash. Of course, if it gets lost in the mail you've still lost whatever you paid for it. A cheque requires you to have a bank account and may involve higher fees, but you don't actually fork over the money until it's paid to its intended recipient.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Shock Trooper
Member # 1902
Profile Homepage #11
I think it would be breaking a tradition from selling out of the US, but i know people who have the game from out of the US, so...

--------------------
--Axerax the Dragon Tamer--
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #12
It would be breaking the tradition of people from Finland, England, and Australia making up a huge chunk of the boards' population?

—Alorael, who hasn't noticed any particular tradition of American sales only. You might want to let Jeff know before he accidentally breaks it.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #13
Jeff doesn't advertise at all. If he does, it's on internet gaming sites, which people from all corners of the world can see.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #14
you anger me with your lack of...nationality recognition. for example im a half argentine from italian descent living in england. im also a bit welsh.

—Smelly Ogre, who believes stealing mdash shall be his crowning achievemnt in life, has decided to adopt it (temporarily).

--------------------
"Is that smell glandular, or do you wallow in your own filth?" - Last Words of Fredrick the Idiot
Apprentice
Member # 3469
Profile Homepage #15
As it has been said by other people on this topic, there are a certain number of foreigners thus demonstrating the interest of selling abroad.

It might be fun to get Avernum translated into majors languages.
I wonder who the foreigners who like avernum are.

--------------------
À très bientôt!
Goodbye fellows
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #16
quote:
It might be fun to get Avernum translated into majors languages.
Or they could just learn English... just a thought. *cough*damntheillegalimmigrants*cough*

--------------------
"Wow, fish."
Hahahaha, I crack myself up.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #17
I know, isn't it just awful that people not living in America don't know our language?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #18
Ah, but that's just not true! Most EU member nations force their students to take English. (I believe the exception to this rule would be France.)

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #19
Meh, we at least have forced english.

And FeuFollet, look around. About 30-60 percent of the board's active members are from somewhere else than the States.

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #20
sometimes its difficult to find out where people are from. especialyy when they write stupid things in the "From" section. *cough*Moosetrap of The Parody | Bryan Awaits*cough*

[ Monday, November 24, 2003 08:18: Message edited by: Smelly Ogre ]

--------------------
"Is that smell glandular, or do you wallow in your own filth?" - Last Words of Fredrick the Idiot
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #21
There are loads of un-American people on these boards.

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #22
Yeah, but we know that tGM is a Finn.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #23
Is it really any of your business where another member lives?

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #24
Exactly.

Pages