Selling Spiderweb products abroad

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Selling Spiderweb products abroad
Apprentice
Member # 3469
Profile Homepage #25
True, in France, English is not compulsory at school. But it is compulsory to learn at least 2 foreign european languages. Therefore 90% of student take English as for their first foreign language at the age of 12. The other 10% take mostly German.
Whaddya think? That we French are all chauvinistic and unwilling to learn English? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Selling Spiderweb products abroad2_files/eek.gif) Sorry, it's an untruth, since 1980. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Selling Spiderweb products abroad2_files/rolleyes.gif)
(replying to what Siam Shade said)

What about America and England where it is not compulsory to learn any language?!? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Selling Spiderweb products abroad2_files/biggrin.gif)

[ Thursday, November 27, 2003 06:48: Message edited by: FeuFollet ]

--------------------
À très bientôt!
Goodbye fellows
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #26
in my school it was compulsary french uptil year 9 (2 years of secondry/high scool) and then half of us take it uptil year 11. the other half of the people do spanish/german. maybe thast just becasue i go to a grammar school.... i wouldnt know.

--------------------
"Is that smell glandular, or do you wallow in your own filth?" - Last Words of Fredrick the Idiot
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #27
I went to a primary school that taught compulsory Italian, and then to a high school that taught compulsory French and Latin ( IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Selling Spiderweb products abroad2_files/eek.gif) )

I barely remember a word of any of the above languages now.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #28
Here in Upstate New York, we have compulsory language classes from 6th grade to 9th grade, I believe (that's about 11-14 for those who don't know). I'm not really sure about when compulsory classes end, because I'm taking French until at least the end of high school anyway, but I know for a fact that 6th and 7th graders have to take a language course. In my school district we have a choice between French and Spanish, with Latin in high school. The majority of language students know very little of the language they take. Oh well. Hopefully they will take some kind of language course later in life if they ever plan on travelling abroad...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Incaseofemergency,breakglass.
Apprentice
Member # 3469
Profile Homepage #29
OK, let's say I didn't say anything about compulsory learning in England and USA.

IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Selling Spiderweb products abroad2_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
À très bientôt!
Goodbye fellows

Pages